1 2
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
2/12/21 5:52 p.m.

It can be any balance weight, 28oz, 50oz, or neutral.  It can be a POS that sat in mud behind your shed after your cousin Herb stripped down that Fox body Mustang then went to prison for the meth lab he set up in the trunk.  Anyway got one cheap?  

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UberDork
2/12/21 7:15 p.m.

Picture please.....swap meet coming up next weekend here in TEJAS VATO.......late......what should I not pay for this boat anchor?????

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
2/12/21 7:22 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

Target is $10 but I'm a cheap SOB.  I can buy new for $50.  That's like caviar level.  Picture but best is to ask application and count the teeth.  Ok I know I'm southern also.  SC education makes counting to 164 hard.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
2/12/21 7:47 p.m.

What part of SC you grow up in, Stampie? Ive worked in South Port, Heartsvill, Jenkinsville, Greenville, and Senaca, through the years.

jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
2/12/21 10:11 p.m.

With the cost of shipping what it is today you'll end up paying more to ship it then for the item itself.  I'd look local.

There has to be someone who has one.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
2/12/21 10:18 p.m.
jimbbski said:

With the cost of shipping what it is today you'll end up paying more to ship it then for the item itself.  I'd look local.

Shipping isn't factored into the Challenge budget if I remember correctly 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
2/13/21 6:55 a.m.
03Panther said:

What part of SC you grow up in, Stampie? Ive worked in South Port, Heartsvill, Jenkinsville, Greenville, and Senaca, through the years.

I was born in Charleston but split my childhood between Anderson in the upstate and Charleston.

In reply to jimbbski :

I'm hoping for a GRM express to me and not worried about time line at all.  Plus I figure I travel enough I might be near to wherever at some point.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/13/21 10:26 a.m.
Mr_Asa said:
jimbbski said:

Shipping isn't factored into the Challenge budget if I remember correctly 

Part shipping is included in budget 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
2/13/21 3:50 p.m.
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) said:

Picture please.....swap meet coming up next weekend here in TEJAS VATO.......late......what should I not pay for this boat anchor?????

Just to make clear, I need a flywheel not a flexplate.  At the swap meet here I not only saw them mislabeled but venders also used the terms interchangeable in conversation.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
2/16/21 6:09 a.m.

Does the flywheel work for small non powered watercraft?

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 New Reader
3/2/21 9:06 p.m.

I got one.  You want it? 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
3/3/21 9:44 a.m.

In reply to earlybroncoguy1 :

I do. How much?  Sending pm also. 

earlybroncoguy1
3/3/21 7:24 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Just pay shipping and it's yours. Is it for a Challenge project?

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
3/4/21 6:57 a.m.

It is.  I need one in budget so that I can replace with an SFI one.  Could you estimate shipping to 32211?  You're near Austin right?  If I can find someone nearby would it be ok for a pick up?

earlybroncoguy1
3/4/21 8:17 a.m.

My zip is 78621, between Austin and Bastrop. Pickup is OK. UPS estimates ground shipping to Jacksonville approx $45.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
3/4/21 9:12 a.m.

Ok not worth shipping but I'll see what I can do about getting a pickup. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/4/21 6:55 p.m.
earlybroncoguy1 said:

My zip is 78621, between Austin and Bastrop. Pickup is OK. UPS estimates ground shipping to Jacksonville approx $45.

How far are you from COTA? I have a friend who can see the COTA tower from his back yard, so maybe there is a very weird way we can get this to Stampie if the distances work out. 

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
3/4/21 7:06 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

I think COTA is about 40 min from it. I'm 100 miles from it. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
3/4/21 7:10 p.m.

Actually I just got clarification.  If earlybroncoguy1 is willing to declare the flywheel mine for free then it doesn't actually have to get to me.  Mr. earlybroncoguy1 is that flywheel mine?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/4/21 7:17 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Yea, I rolled through Bastrop twice two weekends ago. Why can't Stampie need things when it's more convenient for me? laugh

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle SuperDork
3/4/21 7:51 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

Actually I just got clarification.  If earlybroncoguy1 is willing to declare the flywheel mine for free then it doesn't actually have to get to me.  Mr. earlybroncoguy1 is that flywheel mine?

Do what now?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/4/21 7:57 p.m.
OHSCrifle said:
Stampie (FS) said:

Do what now?

If you can replace a stock one with an SFI unit at no penalty, and it will eventually wend its way to him via GRM Express, why do you even need it in hand if you're just going to replace it?  If its 100% free, it just has to be stated to be that and be given to Stampie at some point, right?

Feels somewhat circular, but it makes enough sense to me.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
3/4/21 8:05 p.m.
OHSCrifle said:
Stampie (FS) said:

Do what now?

The rule in question:

Partial Exemption: The Violet Rule (previously known as the Reese Rule): SFI-approved harmonic balancers, SFI-approved flywheels and SFI-approved flex plates are budget-neutral. These parts are dangerous rotating assemblies that should be treated with respect. Any intact harmonic balancer, flywheel, or flex plate listed on the budget may be exchanged for a duplicate SFI-approved part without increasing or decreasing the budget. “Duplicate” is defined as having the same listed application as the standard part in a major parts catalog. In situations where a standard part is not present to exchange, fair market value of the standard part may be used.

earlybroncoguy1
3/5/21 8:40 a.m.

That flywheel is yours. For purposes of the rules, I'm simply "storing" it until such time we can work out the logistics of physical relocation. As regards to the "fair market value" clause in the rule, I will say I had that flywheel on eBay for months at $10 and it never sold....

earlybroncoguy1
3/5/21 8:52 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

As the crow flies, about 12 miles. But, because the Colorado River is between my place and the track, I have to go either west or east a few miles to cross it, which adds to the drive time - about 30 mins or so. Thinking about going to the Nascar race there in May, I'm not really a huge Nascar fan but hard to pass up fast, loud, V8 racing.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GqW24kzJWcZLbxsiiN5g3bnniWJ44wEA8NkrOOfglIaqxxaESpMx2gDzqVslmIVr