Crxpilot
Crxpilot HalfDork
8/4/22 9:19 p.m.
AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
8/5/22 3:27 p.m.

Shoot, I used to work there, I remember some of this stuff, I wonder why they're clearing it all out. I'm gonna have to comb through this, there's gotta be something good for the stock car project...

Thanks for posting this, I wouldn't have found it otherwise

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
8/5/22 3:57 p.m.

It appears that the new car obsoleted a lot of things. They have some great stuff up for auction, indeed. Nice find.

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
8/5/22 4:23 p.m.

I have been watching this one since they said it was going to happen. 16 cars all pretty complete. The amount of machines parts on the second auction is insane. 

APEowner
APEowner UltraDork
8/5/22 4:52 p.m.
AMiataCalledSteve said:

Shoot, I used to work there, I remember some of this stuff, I wonder why they're clearing it all out. I'm gonna have to comb through this, there's gotta be something good for the stock car project...

Thanks for posting this, I wouldn't have found it otherwise

I skimmed the auction.  It looks like it's obsolete cars and the parts and tools needed to build and maintain them.

rustyvw
rustyvw Dork
8/5/22 6:20 p.m.

Why do most of the cars have a roof flaps removed?  Are they that valuable that they need to be saved for another car?

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
8/8/22 11:28 a.m.

Continuing to watch this one. Some of these cars are going to be a total steel. This is my favorite car for the $ at this point.

https://bids.ironhorseauction.com/lot-details/index/catalog/32754/lot/5161255?url=%2Fauctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F32754%2F%3Fpage%3D1

It has all the steering, suspension (minus springs), brakes master cylinders, oil cooler, fuel lines, fuel cell. It looks like it needs, motor, trans, diff, seat and electrical. 

APEowner
APEowner UltraDork
8/8/22 11:55 a.m.
rustyvw said:

Why do most of the cars have a roof flaps removed?  Are they that valuable that they need to be saved for another car?

I think that they use the same roof flaps in the Nationwide and ARCA cars.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
8/8/22 4:57 p.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

It's really looking like some of this stuff might be a great deal. I'm really hoping nobody else needs any of the items I'm bidding on lol. There are definitely some items that are already bid to more than I'm willing to spend.

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
8/10/22 2:41 p.m.

Final results

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
8/11/22 2:06 p.m.

Some of those cars are very well bought...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o2Cr5t8Yav4NGPDyN0oJVdP8mLM3l2W2sfi8AVQsC6At0vwfYuS8IueBmYpW3sIh