chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/23/20 6:52 p.m.

I just pulled this home for some other parts but it has a *running OM617 from a 1984 300sd which I would love to redistribute to someone else. These are the engines everyone puts in samaurai and jeeps and whatnot. The car has 261xxx but the seller said that the engine was put in about a 100xxx miles ago. So:

1) Turbo Diesel

1) transmission 

$500.

*i say it runs because it mysteriously started itself WHILE we were pulling it home, it didn't have a battery so I'm lost but it sounded pretty good for a car that's sat in a field for the last couple years....

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/23/20 6:57 p.m.

Other parts are available, it's rust free* but punched in on the drivers front corner.

*this is NW Ohio speak for a Kentucky car

yupididit
yupididit UberDork
5/23/20 7:04 p.m.

I loved my om617 w123 with a manual transmission and vgt turbo. I joined GRM to buy it lolcrying

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/23/20 7:09 p.m.

I'm Glad you joined, the rest of this car is going to go to save another 1984 300d. 

yupididit
yupididit UberDork
5/24/20 9:27 a.m.

It should sell quickly on peachparts if you sell it there

yupididit
yupididit UberDork
5/24/20 9:28 a.m.
chandler said:

I'm Glad you joined, the rest of this car is going to go to save another 1984 300d. 

Wow I love that color. Euro bumpers too, whats the story on the car? 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/24/20 9:43 a.m.

Oddly, the bumper came off the wrecked red one. My brother traded his W140 S500 for this one but it's pretty rough below the surface. 

So was the W140 though

djsilver (Forum Supporter)
djsilver (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/30/20 2:04 p.m.

How much extra to put it on a pallet and ship truck-freight to Savannah, GA? 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/30/20 2:53 p.m.

Could you come to Chatsworth Ga and get it next weekend? I'm going there to pick up a car....

I see that's a 5 hour drive so maybe not. Text me and let's see what we can work out

thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter)
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/30/20 3:08 p.m.

How am I to first to ask how it turned on by itself?

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/30/20 3:17 p.m.

My understanding is that the trans has a safety so if it's turning at a certain speed it will start the engine to protect the trans from damage. Guess even in neutral it had reached that speed.

djsilver (Forum Supporter)
djsilver (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/31/20 7:19 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

Since I don't know much about MB engines I did some google-foo and I'm leaning more toward an OM606 with more research.  Thx

chandler
chandler PowerDork
6/13/20 4:19 p.m.

engine is out have a video of it running. Trans to radiator is all still all together would love to sell it as is!

mgfoster
mgfoster New Reader
6/18/20 12:06 p.m.
chandler said:

What wheels are these? Size/spacers/etc would be awesome to know!

chandler
chandler PowerDork
6/18/20 8:03 p.m.
mgfoster said:
chandler said:

What wheels are these? Size/spacers/etc would be awesome to know!

It's my brothers car (and it's for sale in the classifieds here) but those are BBS RS 16x8 and 16x9. Don't think he is running spacers but maybe?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hOtIht4rRXxKCsOCJNIF6oB5oNRGrCBchdkWmWOj2rw6c3PjntMeSoUIk5D3B49l