1 2
dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/16/23 3:25 p.m.

Short story if you haven't seen my other posts, I bought a crushed but complete Boxster (02 base 2.7l) was going to just drive it but then I wanted it nicer and a windshield so I bought a clean shell that was already started to be parted for an engine swap. So I'll have extra parts between the two. Some available now, some I won't have until the shell gets to me.

I've decided while I'm swapping stuff I am going to do an engine swap, so the biggest part that is going is the stock 2.7l engine. I'll be doing compression and leak down at some point and do an oil analysis. 

Front bumper and passenger side door are the only clean panels from the original car. I did recently purchase a clean top boot panel. Seats and carpet are available.

Edit: An update on pricing. I try to base everything off of eBay sold listings. In the filters you can check "sold" listings and it will tell the price (with the exception of best offer taken, but shows the listed price) I try to do an average of that and favor the lower end for GRM and because money in my pocket quicker is better for than me than always holding out for the best price. Because I've been burned by that too. Holding out for more then the offers coming in are less than one I passed up...

ToManyProjects
ToManyProjects Reader
5/16/23 4:40 p.m.

How heavy are the seats? What kind of shape are they in?

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
5/16/23 5:05 p.m.

Don't know the weight off hand I haven't pulled them out yet. Drivers seat has some normal wear still comfortable. Something weird happened to the passenger seat wrinkly leather and stiff uncomfortable bolster. 

Pictures and video of seats and all pulled parts so far in a Google Photos album. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5wUGC9DzF55uVhPz8

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/17/23 3:38 p.m.

Do you have the front side marker lights? I'd be interested in a matched pair if you've got them. They appear to be missing in pics. 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
5/20/23 10:30 a.m.

I do have them. I took them out when I pulled the bumper off way back to adjust it. I'll grab a picture 

gt0954a
gt0954a New Reader
5/28/23 10:27 a.m.

This is Brian of old scirocco GRM team. 

I have a few parts im interested in. 

Front & rear calipers, motor -- shipping may be too expensive. 

I have a new VW project in mind.. 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
5/28/23 11:53 a.m.

In reply to gt0954a :

I'm not opposed to making a road trip to deliver the engine...

gherndon
gherndon New Reader
6/2/23 11:27 a.m.

I'm also looking for affordable front calipers for a project.  if Brian doesn't get them, let me know how much shipped to 28226 (PM, please).

golfduke
golfduke Dork
6/2/23 11:47 a.m.

Just a bump for a pretty exceptional seller and all-around great dude if anyone cares for a reference.  

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
6/4/23 9:07 a.m.

Thanks the blue 02 is starting to come apart and the delivery on the shell is scheduled.

Possible some parts can travel west at the end of July after he drops off the shell and has an empty trailer. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/5/23 12:33 p.m.
dan0 (Forum Supporter) said:

I do have them. I took them out when I pulled the bumper off way back to adjust it. I'll grab a picture 

Sending you a pm

gherndon
gherndon New Reader
6/9/23 9:07 a.m.

In reply to gherndon :

Calipers received and very happy with the quality and prompt shipping! Thanks again.

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
6/9/23 4:39 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Shipping them out tomorrow for you! 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
6/9/23 4:40 p.m.
gherndon said:

In reply to gherndon :

Calipers received and very happy with the quality and prompt shipping! Thanks again.

Great! Glad they arrived safely. 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
6/10/23 2:55 p.m.

Taking stuff apart. Have a pile of I need this for the next one and a sell pile. Will be cleaning stuff up today and tomorrow, then try to sort and catalog what is for sale. 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
6/18/23 8:04 a.m.

Spare filter I won't be needing anymore. Free for pick up or just pay postage.

9x6x3.5 box - 10 ounces weight. Shipping from 06752 for reference 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
6/18/23 12:37 p.m.

One good panel I had just purchased is this boot cover. Has a couple small chips/scratches and looks like one small barely noticeable indentation. 

Still have the box it was shipped to me in so it can be shipped. 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
6/24/23 4:45 p.m.

Seats sold today. 

dan0
dan0 HalfDork
7/24/23 3:56 p.m.

So the new shell got dropped off today. And I'll be starting to inventory the spare parts, etc. 

But right from the start the door mirrors are available, along with the center windshield blocker for the roll bar, and the passenger side "dreamcatcher"

The seats are coming out but they've had a rough life out in the sun, cracked leather, poor condition, but worth recovering. Appear to be full power and memory. I'll add some pictures shortly. 

dan0
dan0 HalfDork
9/3/23 6:53 p.m.

I'll post up some more as I have gone through some parts and swapped some to the new shell already. 

But I'm kinda looking at another car and would let the blue shell go and not turn it into another project. I need to take the radiators and fans off still. But basically near as pictured to have a set of wheels and some random parts for $650 (<- new project price...) 

dan0
dan0 HalfDork
9/3/23 6:54 p.m.

Seats separate from that but cheap bases to rebuild. And rust free from New Mexico. 

dan0
dan0 HalfDork
10/19/23 12:10 p.m.

Windshield cowl

dan0
dan0 HalfDork
12/1/23 3:49 p.m.

Just a little bump for parts. I was going to keep the blue shell and build it up eventually but I'm trying to clean up space at home. 

So suspension parts from the blue one are available. 

Also I have a tally going of what I've spent and sold so far on BOTH Boxsters and want to see how cheap I can build out the one cleaner shell.

dan0
dan0 HalfDork
3/13/24 8:48 a.m.

Pulling suspension and cutting up the rest between today and tomorrow. 

dan0
dan0 HalfDork
3/24/24 3:00 p.m.

Just about tossed these on the trailer for scrap but held off. Poor attempts made to pull straight with a Harbor Freight stud welder and slide hammer. I would have been better off pulling them off the car and hitting them from the underside. Maybe someone better at body work could fix them up.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3hGCqvRb1WpEbY4NiUIV6Io96Pm8xa0fMvCltNzwRtASHYTmlJGyB4c8tJAoaxdO