RockAuto
RockAuto Reader
7/6/21 12:14 p.m.

5% Discount Code: E260EB422F1540
Expires: October 1, 2021

Please enter this code in the [b]‘How Did You Hear About Us’[/b] box to receive the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/7/21 5:09 p.m.

hooray!  I just saved $30 on $600 in front end parts for the 2010 Ody that AK2 is taking over in a couple weeks.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau UltraDork
7/22/21 12:33 p.m.

Thanks Rockauto! 

8/7/21 9:24 p.m.

Just ordered full set of ignition parts for AK1's Forester. Thanks Rock Auto!

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) PowerDork
8/8/21 11:29 a.m.

Woot, Woot!

8/17/21 9:09 p.m.

Just ordered brake parts for a car I don't own yet. It's killing me to bite my tongue on the build thread! Thanks again, RockAuto!

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
8/19/21 9:48 a.m.

I've used the code twice this week. Hopefully will take the slop out of the front end of the big truck....

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/19/21 2:38 p.m.

If I knew rock auto shipped FedEx I would pay more to buy somewhere else. FedEx loses stuff every time, and this time is no exception. I have no idea why businesses still use them. 

I don't know if anyone from Rock Auto reads this thread, but if someone does, please know I will never place another order if you insist on using Fedex and if they do not find the missing 2 packages (out of 6) by tomorrow I will return the entire $2900 order and buy it all somewhere else so I can repair the car this weekend as planned. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/19/21 2:44 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:

If I knew rock auto shipped FedEx I would pay more to buy somewhere else. FedEx loses stuff every time, and this time is no exception. I have no idea why businesses still use them. 

I don't know if anyone from Rock Auto reads this thread, but if someone does, please know I will never place another order if you insist on using Fedex and if they do not find the missing 2 packages (out of 6) by tomorrow I will return the entire $2900 order and buy it all somewhere else so I can repair the car this weekend as planned. 

ummm, every time I have bought from RA I've been given many shipping choices. Even if fedex are most of them it seems to me they are very transparent about it...

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/19/21 3:07 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

They're all FedEx. No DHL here. Like I said, if that's my only choice, I just won't shop there. 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/19/21 3:19 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:

Once the packages are handed off to FedEx, there isn't much RA can do about it.  Go yell at the FedEx folks (I suspect FedEx Ground is the culprit as they are the bottom tier of the FedEx hierarchy and generally are some of the worst).

That said, USPS, UPS and DHL should be options for your address, unless they won't deliver there and that is something to take up with those services.

Thanks to the Pandemic and other factors, shipping is insane right now with more packages to move and less people to do it with.

Check out: https://www.reddit.com/r/FedEx/ for potential help on missing packages, whom to call, etc.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/19/21 8:17 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

USPS and UPS will deliver here, but it's not a choice on the Rock Auto site. That's my complaint, I know FedEx ground sucks, but Rock Auto has decided that's who they use so my choice is put up with the BS or shop somewhere else. RA will just blame FedEx, FedEx will just "investigate" and the car sits another weekend without getting repaired. I ordered parts with enough time to get them when I need them, but I do not have them through no fault of my own. 

At this point I'll just pay more at Advance, fix the car, and Rock Auto loses out on an order and shipping both ways. I figured they might want to know why. 

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
8/20/21 9:32 a.m.

At this point I said "screw it" and ordered a new steering box (not reman) for Cliford. Thanks RockAuto! The entire front end will be new moog stuff. 

Though I'm still a bit worried about getting these enormous hubs off and replacing the ball joints.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/20/21 11:19 a.m.

So FedEx now says Tuesday, and Rock Auto says shipping it back is on my dime because it's not on them. Amazing. I'll just dispute it with Amex. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/20/21 4:36 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:

So FedEx now says Tuesday, and Rock Auto says shipping it back is on my dime because it's not on them. Amazing. I'll just dispute it with Amex. 

I understand you're frustrated. But you knew before you clicked "buy" that it was coming via FedEx, right?

Disputing seems a bit over the top to me.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/20/21 10:12 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:
Steve_Jones said:

I understand you're frustrated. But you knew before you clicked "buy" that it was coming via FedEx, right?

Disputing seems a bit over the top to me.

I knew they were coming FedEx, but I was told they would be delivered Tuesday. They will be a week late, and I need the vehicle fixed by then, so they will be useless to me. Why should I get jammed with the expense? FedEx will not reimburse me because I did not contract with them, RA will not reimburse me because they say it's on FedEx. I have no issue returning the parts, but the return shipping should be covered by someone else since they screwed up. In my opinion RA should go after FedEx for it, not me. 

There is no phone number for RA and no email to get someone to communicate with me, so a dispute will at least force someone to reach out to me, sucks to do, but if that's what's needed for someone to care, that's on them. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/21/21 6:48 a.m.

I was in your boots earlier this year, even though they are cheaper I will not buy from them. The shipping issue ruined it but I was already heading down that road when the caliper I ordered Came in the right box, wrong part and they made me pay to ship it back. I understand people cheat companies all the time but when it was received back as the wrong part right box I should have been credited the full amount. 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
8/26/21 9:42 p.m.

I have two packages coming from rockauto via USPS to my house in Dallas.  It's an option here. 

9/9/21 1:47 p.m.

Hooray, timing belt and water pump kit for AK2's Odyssey ordered today. Another $12 saved!

AK2's Odyssey, you ask? Yes, it appears Mama has claimed the 9-3T for herself. laugh

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
9/18/21 11:10 a.m.

Thanks RA and GRM. Suby parts ordered today. 

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
9/21/21 12:39 p.m.

Oh man, I easily dumped over $500 for parts from RA before I saw this (eh, that's always my luck)

On the bright side, I always write "Grassroots Motorsports" in on the "how did you hear about us line", so hears hoping to catch ya on here for the next promotion wink

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
9/28/21 6:08 p.m.

In case rockauto is monitoring, I decided to buy new brakes from them because of their code and presence here. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R0FdUSh5ufCOReJsGD5BoiX90Ss5HhWb3gbYAwREdJZv7W4XHiPJxpCOR7WopTYt