1 2 3 4
Cooter
Cooter UberDork
9/4/20 11:32 a.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:
RacetruckRon said:

You guys can pm me or shoot me a text at SicksOAte FOFO9 5TreeSeben8 to figure out logistics

Sounds good.

I guess we need to see how much stuff Cooter can bring back down, since now were talking about (I think) a large radiator, fuel cell, 4.8 engine block, a bench top mill, microsquirt, an intake, a rod set, and possibly a pile of DSM parts. (I may be able to get the DSM stuff to the challenge...)

EDIT - looks like headers now too lol

I'll be driving the Prius.  While it can fit quite a bit, the 4.8 would likely be a tall ask, since my wife inherited it from her father when he died,

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/4/20 12:02 p.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

LOL this is how scope creep happens. I bought LS mounts for the Sonoma, now I'm thinking Turbo LS Sonoma.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon Dork
9/4/20 12:27 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

No one in this thread is going to talk you out of that great bad idea.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/4/20 2:28 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

No one in this thread is going to talk you out of that great bad idea.

Then I shall make you an offer via PM

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/4/20 2:36 p.m.

Go for it, if cooter cannot grab it i'm out.  However, if you do go grab it please get me the connecting rods

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
9/4/20 4:07 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

I can grab most anything for you but the 4.8.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/4/20 7:35 p.m.

That's only 70-miles Ron, I can totally meet you. Though if Robbie is still heading to the Challenge, has room, and is getting parts from you anyway, that could work too. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/4/20 8:49 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Well E36 M3 now I got a GRM express to the SE/Challenge let me look at the list again.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/4/20 8:52 p.m.

I think Patrick has the LS1 intake spoken for but is the VQ35 carbon fiber intake cover spoken for?  Cause it has to make the car faster being carbon fiber.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon Dork
9/4/20 9:01 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

I don't think that has been spoken for yet. I also have a 350z tower brace that I just remembered.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/4/20 9:15 p.m.

Patrick was nice and told me I could grab the LS1 intake cause I'm LS intake poor and he's LS intake rich.  I have a brace already.  Wanna PM me with pictures of that cover and a price?

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon Dork
9/4/20 10:21 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Sent you a pm

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/4/20 10:30 p.m.

I have replied Sir.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
9/5/20 2:20 p.m.

Had a chance to dig for the turbo(s?) yet?

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
9/5/20 2:37 p.m.

If anyone still think they need anything brought to the SW Chicagoland area for a GRM shuttle let me know.   I'm right off I-294 and near-ish to I-80, I-57, and I-55.  

I'm trying to figure out a day to pick up parts, and don't want anyone to miss out.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/5/20 9:06 p.m.
Cooter said:

If anyone still think they need anything brought to the SW Chicagoland area for a GRM shuttle let me know.   I'm right off I-294 and near-ish to I-80, I-57, and I-55.  

I'm trying to figure out a day to pick up parts, and don't want anyone to miss out.

Are you buying the grizzly mill? If you aren't I will and I would love if you could bring it back down for me. Also I can pickup reasonable amounts of stuff and bring to challenge or detroitish for others.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/5/20 9:17 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

I don't know if my stuff can come down by you to the Challenge but that'd be better than later at Thanksgiving if possible.  Or nbd I can go visit Pete and make his wife wonder about his life choices in friends.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
9/5/20 9:33 p.m.

It would be much cheaper for me if you bought it, I brought it, and then borrowed it.   wink

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon Dork
9/5/20 9:42 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I think I added a couple pictures. I have a good CHRA with compressor cover, two exhaust housings and some spare rebuild parts. I can assemble it into a full turbo and get you some better pictures.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/5/20 9:46 p.m.
Cooter said:

It would be much cheaper for me if you bought it, I brought it, and then borrowed it.   wink

Done!

Racetruckron, I'll send you a pm/text tomorrow to firm up payment stuff.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
9/5/20 10:51 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I think I added a couple pictures. I have a good CHRA with compressor cover, two exhaust housings and some spare rebuild parts. I can assemble it into a full turbo and get you some better pictures.

Good stuff, I sent a PM

bruceman
bruceman Reader
9/6/20 7:18 a.m.

What diameter are these?

• 10" long coil springs I believe I have 250lb/in and 450lb/in
RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon Dork
9/6/20 9:16 p.m.

In reply to bruceman :

Correction I have 400lb/in and 250lb/in 10" long springs.  They are Aldan springs with 2.5" ID, respective part numbers: 038-10-400BK2 and 038-10-250BK2

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon Dork
9/10/20 10:32 p.m.

Updated initial post,  I'm going to hold onto the mill.

Bump.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/22/20 5:44 p.m.

Bump for RTR and wondering if anyone can get stuff from Milwaukee to Kalamazoo?

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UlXoHFTloGyIlGlFPNuWV4Q1tUe4ij9cfKHf5GEzKYEDhcl25zxa6n0KgPp1oioX