Detroiter
Detroiter New Reader
8/5/20 6:45 p.m.

Hey all.

A former employer of mine was once a well known indy Saab mechanic down in Detroit.  Over the years, he accumulated a number of Saab 99s and early 900s that ended up in in his barn, and now's the time to clear it out.  I have some photos here, but I'll be returning to the property to take some more detailed pictures.  Titles are available for most cars except where noted.  Some cars are viable restoration candidates, while others have unfortunately been colonized by raccoons and are *not* viable interior donors, to say the least.  Useable windshields/glass on most.  Taking offers on whole cars, part outs are negotiable.  If anyone's interested in these, please email me at s.c.mckenzie84@gmail.com 

1973 Saab 99 (carb'd)/Saab 99 E (D-Jet)- interiors destroyed otherwise intact

1973 Saab 99 EMS (Bronze)- the pick of the litter, some rust but a resto candidate or at least a great donor

1973 Saab 99 EMS (Yellow)- interior destroyed, otherwise intact

1973 Saab 99 EMS (Black)- interior destroyed, otherwise intact, no title

1977 Saab 99 sedan (Tan)- interior destroyed, no title 

1977 Saab 99 Wagonback (Red)- another viable restoration project or great donor

1983 Saab 900 (Blue)- viable restoration or donor

1983 Saab 900S sedan (Grey)- viable restoration candidate or donor, automatic car

rustyvw
rustyvw Dork
8/5/20 8:33 p.m.

What a coincidence, I just found an old guy with a field full of Saabs that I never knew about.  His was mostly late 80's, early 90's.  

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/5/20 9:13 p.m.

I would love another set of big brake front knuckles if any of the cars are being parted.

Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/6/20 7:55 a.m.

I'm interested in seeing photos of the two C900s. Thankfully, I sold all of my 99 stuff years ago or those would be tempting. I'll pass this along to some other Saab people as well.

hobiercr (FS)
hobiercr (FS) SuperDork
8/6/20 2:13 p.m.

I may need some 99 parts if there. are items outside of the cars. I wish I could take one of the cars!

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop HalfDork
8/13/20 9:55 p.m.

Is that a 900 radiator in that box?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R8SbMSmLq3PvjSRljhHjD7g55JWogIOCWaui20ZVUjaBPIBLdoYSSDCXs1xVPUTN