mxandcx5
mxandcx5 Reader
2/9/22 6:04 p.m.

Edit: Free for parts/project: damaged NA6 cylinder head pictured below. I harvested several intake/exhaust valves from it before purchasing another core. It was my first time taking one apart and I had fun learning on it, but I wouldn't trust installing many of the parts in a running vehicle. It is all there with varying degrees of damage: valve cover, cams, springs, keepers, caps, etc. Could make for a no risk R&I practice run or for a parent/child summer learning demo. Not looking to ship, can meet PA/DE/NJ.

Original post: Looking to buy a 1.6L Miata cylinder head that is in solid condition for a rebuild. Throwing it out there before I have one shipped across the country from another forum. DE/PA/NJ region is feasible. Thank you!

ncd2294
ncd2294 New Reader
2/13/22 10:19 a.m.

There's a shop, Miata Machine Co, in MA that may have a spare B6 head.

Otherwise, I've got a few listings saved on Facebook that have people selling their B6 heads.

NMNA. Just saved for my own future B6 project.
If posting FB listings is against the rules, I apologize.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4154311037937829/
Old listing, but in Delaware and great pricing. 
If you don't need the cams, let me know, I need a spare set.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1637729119911132/
This guy is in NJ.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/666316111354208/
Not sure of location, but has 2 complete heads for Rebuild.

Hope that's helpful.

mxandcx5
mxandcx5 New Reader
2/13/22 7:43 p.m.

In reply to ncd2294 :

Thanks! I didn't think to look on FB as I'm not a member, but those look worth trying to have a friend reach out. Same for Miata Machine Co- I don't see a phone number, only FB message option.

ncd2294
ncd2294 New Reader
2/16/22 9:48 a.m.
mxandcx5 said:

In reply to ncd2294 :

Thanks! I didn't think to look on FB as I'm not a member, but those look worth trying to have a friend reach out. Same for Miata Machine Co- I don't see a phone number, only FB message option.

I contacted the guy in the first post (In DE).

He said he might have the rebuildable head still and in a month he'll have a 90k mile head that he's pulling to install a built head.

He passed his contact info along to give to you. (I'll try PM)

mxandcx5
mxandcx5 New Reader
2/16/22 12:19 p.m.

Thanks, PM received!!

motobill
motobill New Reader
2/18/22 4:48 p.m.

One team I race with is replacing their 1.6 with a 1.8. If you don't find what you're looking for, I'll see if they can ship you the head. Bottom end developed a rod knock. Top end should be a good core for rebuilding. 

Let me know if you'd like me to reach out to them. 

-Bill

mxandcx5
mxandcx5 New Reader
2/22/22 10:27 a.m.

Thanks all, for giving me options. I hope to make a deal with the DE FB seller in about a month. Also, I have to give a shout out to Mike's Miata Parts in central PA that got back to me with a solid offer on a refurbished head- great communication every time I reach out about used parts and he always has very reasonable prices with fast shipping.

Stevebrt22
Stevebrt22
2/22/22 5:44 p.m.

In reply to mxandcx5 :

You can contact Lucas he has for sale in good condition here's his contact, lucasreal094@gmail.com, I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in top condition.

mxandcx5
mxandcx5 New Reader
7/12/22 5:42 p.m.

I'm really not sure what to make of this.. the local facebook buyer fell through- after answering my original message saying it would be a couple months before the head was ready I was unable to get a reply- so I took to eBay. After a couple months of searching I found a 1.6L head, valve cover, intake manifold, misc related parts all in great condition and shipped for the grand total of $230...and then the buyer shipped everything without using any packing material..not the  styrofoam cooler that I recommended, not an old beach towel, not a soiled blanket..nothing..nude aluminum from TX to PA.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
7/25/22 3:33 p.m.

Looks like #2 had a bolt dropped into it and exited the exhaust valve. Is the head good enough to build?

mxandcx5
mxandcx5 Reader
8/1/22 8:43 p.m.

In reply to clownkiller :

It looks worse in person than in pics, so I do not believe it will make for a solid rebuild core as I had planned. I haven't allocated much time to searching for a suitable alternative in the past few weeks, so consider this still WTB.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/2/22 10:23 a.m.

I have a 1.6l long block in Waynesboro PA. Not sure what you're looking to pay, I know you just need the head, but maybe we can work something out. 

2six7 nineoh8 six7two5

mxandcx5
mxandcx5 Reader
4/29/23 3:52 p.m.

Free for parts/project: damaged NA6 cylinder head pictured above. See edits to my first post for more info.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EsiQ05z6rJp5MMByn59OPXoTSZZnR5fxtGB8BNVebCOV3g2LPjlkPhZuckCcllFa