1 2
dherr
dherr HalfDork
1/1/20 8:29 p.m.

Looking for a rear finisher plate for an NA Miata. Ours is cracked, anyone have a decent one for a reasonable price?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/1/20 9:05 p.m.

Supply and demand is not in your favor. They’re all cracked and everyone is looking for one. I’d recommend joining Mazda Team Support and ordering one. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
1/2/20 5:48 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MichiganMiataOwners/?fref=nf

There's one for sale for $120 on the Michigan Miata Owners Facebook page.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/2/20 6:08 p.m.

FYI, Mazda Motorsports pirce is $279, painted.

Back when we were doing salvage, the finish panels were the first thing to sell off any car.

dherr
dherr HalfDork
1/2/20 8:50 p.m.

Thanks, I might have a line on one locally, but good to know they can be ordered if necessary. Trying to fix up the car before I sell it.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 UltraDork
1/3/20 8:21 a.m.

I sold the one I had, but it was to a miata guy and I think he was just stocking up. I can ask him if he's still got it if you need. 

dherr
dherr HalfDork
1/4/20 1:21 p.m.

Thanks, I have a line on one, will let you know if that falls thru

FieroReinke
FieroReinke New Reader
1/11/20 9:18 a.m.

If that falls through let me know.  I have one from a 96 miata I parted out for my locost build.  

dherr
dherr HalfDork
1/13/20 2:50 p.m.

I picked up two parts cars and one has a good finisher panel, but thanks for checking!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/13/20 3:26 p.m.

That seems like the high effort solution wink

dherr
dherr HalfDork
1/13/20 7:30 p.m.

Too good of a deal to pass up, $500 each delivered for a pair of 1994 M-Edition cars. The nicer one was recently wrecked, drivers side corner, bad enough to blow the air bags but not bad enough to have done more than mess up the hood and fender.  So I now have a 1.8 running drive train with 5 speed, LSD for cheap. The second car is rough, but still has the LSD and is complete, so I'll part it out as the body is really rusty. Pretty sure I'll get my money back and pick up a good finisher panel in the process :-)

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
1/13/20 9:13 p.m.

In reply to dherr :

I might be interested in some of the M edition interior stuff like shift knob, hand brake, and door stills. If you want to sell that is. 

dherr
dherr HalfDork
1/13/20 9:21 p.m.

Let me go through both cars and I'll shoot you pictures of what I got. Plan to part these out pretty quick so you got first dibs on these. Plus I did not forget that you pulled that Q45 rear for me a while back, so happy to return the favor.

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
1/13/20 10:15 p.m.

In reply to dherr :

Oh that Q45 diff was a good excuse to get to the junkyard. I know the door stills might be hard to ship. Almost forgot if any of the AC vents are still tight I could use them also. 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey HalfDork
1/14/20 9:18 a.m.
dherr said:

Too good of a deal to pass up, $500 each delivered for a pair of 1994 M-Edition cars. The nicer one was recently wrecked, drivers side corner, bad enough to blow the air bags but not bad enough to have done more than mess up the hood and fender.  So I now have a 1.8 running drive train with 5 speed, LSD for cheap. The second car is rough, but still has the LSD and is complete, so I'll part it out as the body is really rusty. Pretty sure I'll get my money back and pick up a good finisher panel in the process :-)

Does one of them have a damaged finish panel? I could potentially be interested in that.

dherr
dherr HalfDork
1/14/20 10:29 a.m.

I'll shoot some pictures, have two of them available?

AxeHealey
AxeHealey HalfDork
1/15/20 8:08 a.m.
dherr said:

I'll shoot some pictures, have two of them available?

Cool. Is text or email better for you to send them?

dherr
dherr HalfDork
1/15/20 7:34 p.m.

I looked in the dark tonight. The one on blue car is the one I am keeping, the 2nd parts car has one that is in pretty decent shape. Tried to take pictures in the dark, but no go, so I'll pull it on Monday when I get back from Portland and send you some decent pictures.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey HalfDork
1/16/20 7:22 a.m.

In reply to dherr :

Cool, sounds good. 

dherr
dherr HalfDork
1/23/20 12:52 p.m.

Sorry for the delay, work and the cold weather pushed this off until today. Here are some pictures, it is certainly salvagable. Cracked in two places where the M-Edition badge would be and around the area for the license plate light. You can reinforce it from behind with some fiberglass resin and it will need painted anyway. Make me an offer and let me know where you are at so we can figure out the shipping if you are interested.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey HalfDork
1/23/20 1:22 p.m.

In reply to dherr :

No worries at all. Not a clue what it's worth. $20? 44118

dherr
dherr HalfDork
1/23/20 1:55 p.m.

These things are expensive if solid, anywhere from $250 to $150 on Ebay. This one is broken, so much less. Let me figure out the shipping, but I think it should be $50 for one that is easily repairable.

dherr
dherr HalfDork
1/23/20 2:09 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to dherr :

I might be interested in some of the M edition interior stuff like shift knob, hand brake, and door stills. If you want to sell that is. 

I should have the parts pulled and will send you some pictures this weekemd

AxeHealey
AxeHealey HalfDork
1/24/20 10:25 a.m.
dherr said:

These things are expensive if solid, anywhere from $250 to $150 on Ebay. This one is broken, so much less. Let me figure out the shipping, but I think it should be $50 for one that is easily repairable.

OK doesn't seem wild. I guess it'll depend on shipping. Let me know what you find.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/24/20 1:12 p.m.

Those pictures should come with a warning. That poor car.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CHG1rSwgsPxPtpct2MxSUU2arQFJy1lxiY3SMQWxB94uhK3ErR9BqY1pYnLWywPD