Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/27/20 1:15 p.m.

Since I know you all are junk conisouiers just like me, may I interest you in some junk? Make offer.

- saab "crossflow" intercooler from the big turbo 9-3s and 9-5s - $20?

- miata VLSD - $100?

- miata 1.6 builder motor - $50?

- miata trans with "makeshifter" - $50?

- set of 4 eBay injectors, I'll have to look up specs but they were supposed to fit a 1999 saab 9-3 motor and would flow about the right amount for an e85 conversion. $40? Not even installed. 

If you want me to pull a part from the 1.6 miata motor, I probably can. 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/27/20 2:19 p.m.

Not sure what the "makeshifter" means, but I'm down for a $50 miata trans. That is if pickup at the challenge is cool. If someone else wants to get it sooner that's also fine. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/27/20 4:45 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Any idea how tight the vlsd is? If it's pretty tight & you don't need it out of the way soon I'll take it. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
11/27/20 4:48 p.m.
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) said:

Not sure what the "makeshifter" means, but I'm down for a $50 miata trans. That is if pickup at the challenge is cool. If someone else wants to get it sooner that's also fine. 

I'll get a pic for you in a few days and you will instantly see what I mean. Pickup at the challenge will likely work.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
11/27/20 4:50 p.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

Any idea how tight the vlsd is? If it's pretty tight & you don't need it out of the way soon I'll take it. 

No idea. Any way to check without putting it on a car? 

I guess I was under the impression that the viscous coupling rarely wears out like a clutch pack could.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
11/30/20 10:57 a.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

I'll get a pic for you in a few days and you will instantly see what I mean. Pickup at the challenge will likely work.

I present, the makeshifter: please note I did not build this.

EfiniMotorsport
EfiniMotorsport New Reader
11/30/20 9:16 p.m.

Where are Robbie?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
11/30/20 9:18 p.m.
EfiniMotorsport said:

Where are Robbie?

Southern suburbs of chicago.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/30/20 10:08 p.m.

I present, the makeshifter: please note I did not build this.

Honestly, that's hilarious. I've never seen anything like that on a Miata trans before. Was it planned for a swap into something else? I just can imagine wanting the shifter any farther back in a Miata. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/30/20 10:09 p.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

No idea. Any way to check without putting it on a car? 

I guess I was under the impression that the viscous coupling rarely wears out like a clutch pack could.

I've read that the general consensus is after ~30 years they're most likely not much benefit over an open diff, unless it's from a very low-mileage car. For example the one on my 90 will definitely spin the inside wheel if I unweight much in a tight corner. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wVl9Yum4I6oHWcdJ04Par8HHH7kH6MtMSDUHLjfFkGhAV95ByKvtwzJ6hfABQ9VL