SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
9/26/22 1:42 p.m.

Titan SL-6600. It's in like new condition. Only used 3 or 4 times. 

6600 lb mid rise scissor lift.  One of the things I like about this lift is it has a remote safety release.  Something about crawling under a car to release the safety never seemed quite right.  It also has more different height safety lock positions than most of the other brands. (See specs below)

Titan’s webpage- identical unit

It's listed on Titan's website for $3668. Of course, you'd also have to pay for the truck freight (assuming they have them in stock). 

Or, you could buy mine for $2400, no shipping costs, and pick it up today in middle GA!

Located in Macon GA just off I-75 (en route to the $2000 Challenge!)

Note: this would fit on a car trailer under a car (assuming you have sufficient weight capacity).  It could ride home with you from the $2000 Challenge.  Weighs about 1200 lbs.

Its on my trailer now. If you are within shooting distance, I may be able to help with delivery. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
9/28/22 8:35 a.m.

I'm bumping this, mostly because I'm surprised no one had any interest. 

Somebody needs this!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
9/28/22 9:31 a.m.

Might be interested. Lemme do some discussing at home. 

wae
wae PowerDork
9/28/22 9:33 a.m.

I don't need one because I already have that exact model and there's really no way for me to fit TWO of them in the shop...

But if you don't already have one, the only possible reason is that you hate yourself because these things are freaking great!  It lifts to the same height as the Maxx Jaxx two-post but requires nothing special in terms of concrete or installation.  It works best if you can slip a couple 2x6x10s on each side with some ramps to give you extra clearance and then you can park over top of it.  With a bit of OSB or MDF, it's an awesome work table that can be adjusted to whatever height you need.  Bolt whatever sheet good down through the holes that are already there on the arms, and you can back a truck up to it and easily unload heavy stuff.  An office chair with the back removed makes a perfect stool for working under the car when it's on the lift, and for about $100 you can get an oil drain pan on wheels that is short enough to fit under the car, but tall enough to bring the top of the funnel right to your drain plug.  I've done suspension work, brakes, tire rotation, exhaust work, engine installation, alternator replacements, axles, gas tanks, body work, and even interior work with mine.  Being able to put the car where it's comfortable for you is an absolute game-changer in terms of reducing fatigue.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
9/28/22 10:46 a.m.

I want a lift pretty bad, but I've been trying to decide between something like yours and something like this Twin Busch scissor lift, and I haven't decided which would work best for me yet. The twin busch just seems a little more versatile, but perhaps not?

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
9/28/22 10:52 a.m.

Both of my racecars are rwd, so I'm concerned I wouldn't be able to do clutches or transmissions very easily with something like this.

xflowgolf (Forum Supporter)
xflowgolf (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/28/22 10:56 a.m.

To be fair, this unit retails for closer to $2,700 brand new from Titan's in-house distributor  Excel Titan 6600 lift

Eastwood priced similar.  

Granted you still have to pay to ship those, or pick up, so still a solid price for someone local.  I've been looking to pick one up, but GA is too far away from MI for this one to make sense for me.  Glad to hear others have liked this unit.  

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
9/28/22 2:06 p.m.

I have a no name Chinesium scissor lift and I have to agree with everything wae said, I've had mine 5 or 6 years now and it has really saved my poor old back.

However......it does come with some "issues".  It is difficult to work under the very center of the car such as doing exhaust work or pulling a rear drive car's transmichigan.

I also ran into a unique issue when I tired to change the oil on the bride's Audi - the lift arms didn't extend wide enough to reach the lift points at the pinch welds, and there really weren't any good places inboard of that as the underside of the car is mostly covered with plastic panels.

Also, I put my lift in backwards - with the power unit at the back rather than the front as I mostly work on front drive cars (Minis) and that gives me much better clearance Clarence under the front of the car, not having to work around the lift cylinders.

I would prefer a Max Jax in many ways - the only major down side to any two post lift is restricted access to the interior while on the lift.

In other ways a scissor lift is better......mostly cost and not having to bolt it down......

For Miata Steve, I don't see any scissor lift as being a good answer for his cars, a two post or MaxJax is the right answer for you. One of my friends has a MaxJax and is talking about moving, if he does I will buy it from him....

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
9/28/22 5:10 p.m.

In reply to wae :

Well dang!  How come I never thought of putting plywood on it for a super industrial lift table bench??

THAT'S something you can't really do with a 2 post!

(maybe I should rethink selling!)

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
9/28/22 5:22 p.m.

In reply to xflowgolf (Forum Supporter) :

To also be fair, I lifted the price directly off Titan's website (and posted the link)

IIRC, the freight shipping was about $400 (4 years ago).   

...and mine is available now, without any supply chain issues.

Id happily consider offers. 

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
9/28/22 9:05 p.m.

As others have noted, the only reason Im not interested is because I have one.  I had the option to have 2 two post lifts or one 2 post and the scissor lift and Im glad I kept the scissor lift, awsomely useful tool and yes its a sheet of plywood away from a great elevated work platform.

I clicked on the link 'cause I thought maybe you had a man-lift scissor lift kinda thing which would be toats awesome to have :)

nocones
nocones PowerDork
9/28/22 9:36 p.m.

I have the atlas version of the same lift.  Can confirm it's incredibly useful.   My Subaru project lives on it and it will be the build table for the next project.  With the lifts arms removed they are completely flat so many a useage can be invisioned other then just lifting cars. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
9/29/22 5:46 a.m.

In reply to JThw8 :

I have 7 scissor man-lifts on my job right now. They are absolutely irreplaceable for commercial work. 

But they are totally useless on dirt, or gravel, or any surface that is more than 1/2" out of level. I don't think I'd ever want to own one. 

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
9/29/22 6:19 a.m.

We use rough terrain scissor lifts on almost all of the jobs I am on.

But most of my work is large scale commercial/industrial, outdoor, or both.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
9/29/22 7:57 a.m.

In reply to Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself :

Yes, there are rough terrain scissor lifts.  And boom lifts, and articulated booms.  And none of them are pratical for individual or personal use.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/29/22 8:50 a.m.

Well, I definitely NEED one, but way out of my price range abilities crying

Even the $2700 "deal" on one will probably be double that, by the time I can afford one angry

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/29/22 8:54 a.m.

In reply to Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself :

I could definitely find some "personal" use for that, but my life ain't normal! A boom lift would be better for me, even then. 
The regular (flat floor) man lift would be used, if I had less junk in the floor, but not worth the expense. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau UberDork
9/30/22 12:35 p.m.

Hmmmm... 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
9/30/22 12:50 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

I'll deliver it to your door, no charge. 

Matt B (fs)
Matt B (fs) UltraDork
10/13/22 10:00 a.m.

I assume this thing is too heavy for one person with back problems to lift and hang on the wall?  Assuming a smallish 2-car garage, do you just keep it under a car?

wae
wae PowerDork
10/13/22 10:10 a.m.

In reply to Matt B (fs) :

Forget back problems...  It weighs about a half a ton, literally.

I've been thinking about trying to come up with some sort of hoist system that I could use to pull it up against the wall to get it out of the way, but I just park over it when I need to put a car there.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
10/13/22 7:45 p.m.

In reply to Matt B (fs) :

6 people with strong backs wouldn't be able to do it. The wall would fall down!  Haha

It weighs about 1300 lbs

Matt B (fs)
Matt B (fs) UltraDork
10/14/22 1:28 p.m.

In reply to wae & SV reX :

Gotcha - thanks for the apt description

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NCXhdzt6CB0CwzVSAlFKFsAtXiJCBeDMTehXSJsDz80UjfYZDsF67wEVC1ZjVzDD