cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 New Reader
12/6/22 9:47 a.m.

I have a 1997 miata with a cobra monaco pro seat that the previous owner bolted to the floor.  The seat and position were perfect for my height, but I need the car to fit multiple drivers.  I installed the seat slider kit from cobra, but now the seat is too high and the driving position is terrible.  I messed around looking at side mounted sliders, but I don't think that's the best option at this point. 

Any recommendations for a shop in Jacksonville, FL area that could drop the floor and reinstall the seat so multiple drivers can drive it comfortably?  The car is driveable and doesn't require a tow.  Thanks in advance!   

amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter)
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
12/6/22 3:15 p.m.

Look for spec Miata focused shops in your area. Most of them can do the job without complications. 
Here's a link to a good floor drop kit: https://www.eaststreetracing.com/collections/interior-new/products/esr-floor-drop-panel

tomtomgt356 (Tommy)
tomtomgt356 (Tommy) Reader
12/7/22 8:59 a.m.

Robinson Racing in Cumming, Ga (north of Atlanta) did mine. I know it's not close to Jacksonville, but it's within a day's drive there and back if you don't find anything closer.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XFANFL5UIwBaZT1AnjuBk0dTPA8Qqn1jlvYWQe5W9nKIhfbkapYeBFH9e0x563nn