1 2
chandler
chandler UltimaDork
2/12/22 6:41 p.m.

I can't see it, possibly poorly crimped but mine were well made. One thing in the directions was they said to not overfill it while filling the lines but to add a little at a time to keep it just under the full line

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/12/22 7:13 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

My directions said 1/2" under the fill hole, and that's what I did. We had a couple of leaks when bleeding and cinched them up, though the pump leaks at the factory installed fittings. Once we tried lifting the car it shot fluid everywhere. 

I followed the instruction manual exactly and watched all their videos first. We filled the air side to 45psi, did the bleeding procedure, used the included thread sealant, the whole works. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
2/12/22 8:16 p.m.

Oof, that sucks. Tech line it is

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/12/22 9:22 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

I'm starting to suspect that we have mismatched fittings from the factory. Our quick releases and lines look different than what I see on their videos. I'll call on Monday. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/12/22 10:08 p.m.

There were running changes to the fittings over the years, they may not have reshot the videos. 

Leaking crimps is pretty much a manufacturing failure and nothing else. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/12/22 10:32 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Would something wrong with the pump force it to leak from the crimps? Like overpressure?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/13/22 5:04 p.m.

As long as you were still lifting the car, any pressure had somewhere to go :) I think the "don't overfill" warning is to keep the fluid from squirting out the pressure relief hole in the top of the tank as it expands from heat.

Far more likely you got some bad crimps IMO.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/13/22 5:12 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Looking around on their site, they discontinued my model (5000SLX) and now have a slightly larger 5000TL that has a different pump. I'm wondering if I got a mismatch of SL ramps with a TL pump?

Chrissmith
Chrissmith New Reader
2/16/22 1:39 a.m.

The standard 7000 is the same length as the standard 5000 model…so if anybody uses the 5000 then the 7000 will work.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/6/22 3:35 p.m.

Being a bit of a procrastinator I just now used them for an actual job. Setting them up is a bit of a pain on a vehicle with no real lift points, using the blocks for pinch welds worked well though and it was very steady. Struts, shocks, trans fluid and filter and an oil change were so much easier than a jack and jack stands. Two thumbs up.

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
3/24/22 10:56 a.m.

I finally got mine setup, though with a lowered vehicle I could see how it would be difficult to get even the smallest blocks in place.

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
COUUZ1i0xmWIy9gITmtpBXf4CLP7xykiEdNFbK4GoSVjRhLzYNNh5cRQH93KGRrh