Cheese302
Cheese302 New Reader
2/10/20 4:17 p.m.

Good afternoon. I wanted to reach out to the GRM community, especially since i saw a pile of them at ormond brewing on friday night of Rolex weekend. My parents live in palm coast and have a 1966 mustang convertible restomod, she seems to have a few odd issues going on, the largest of which includes a nasty vibration at highway speeds plus. a few rattles here and there. Wondering if anyone has a recommendation of a shop to take a look around the car to help out. restoration was completed about 4 years ago. 

happy to talk specifics about the cars mods, but overall think its more of a decent tech that knows their way around 60's tech could be fine. Thanks in advance. 

jharry3
jharry3 HalfDork
2/10/20 4:57 p.m.

Jack it up, spin around the tires.

See if they do anything weird like the  tread waves side to side or up and down.     Also engage the transmission and run it up to the cruising speed where it vibrates and see what happens.   

When a customer came into our shop with complaint of vibration those are the first two things I would check.   Usually it was tires or a bent wheel though occasionally a bad u-joint.   

While its jacked up check out the steering linkage for play in all the parts.  

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Reader
2/10/20 5:19 p.m.

I don't have a shop for you, but my mom also lives in Palm Coast.  Next time I'm up there I can swing by and look at it if it hasn't been figured out.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/10/20 5:27 p.m.

If i was a few hundred miles closer,  id say me. Its what I do for side money. 

Cheese302
Cheese302 New Reader
3/2/20 7:34 p.m.

guess another piece of the puzzle is that they are in a gated community that doesnt allow work to be done on cars. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SMFCgh0wg4MmDsyQqPnuI0FztIFK96jRG5voGIR97WmPzxqrzVRzAAlC7oZxSkw9