1 2
Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/12/21 1:23 a.m.

Today we got the tree and all that jazz. I spent my time cleaning the inside of the Flex and super appreciating the work I had done to the garage! I could find the shop vac and all the attachments super fast and that was really nice. 11 days ago it was buried.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/12/21 11:10 a.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

Minor thread-jack, but could you update your Flex thread? I'm curious about how you use it, how many miles you've accumulated, what it's needed for maintenance and repairs, etc. Thanks!

12/12/21 11:38 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

Minor thread-jack, but could you update your Flex thread? I'm curious about how you use it, how many miles you've accumulated, what it's needed for maintenance and repairs, etc. Thanks!

No thread jack at all! I will happily do that!

12/13/21 11:33 p.m.

Today's progress:

This cabinet was empty, so I'm utilizing it until it gets moved to the pantry area.

12/14/21 11:50 p.m.

It was a good day. Look at all that table!

I found more parts for the Boxster, Flex, and Audi. Man, I am goodamt squirreling parts away. A little too good...

This is my stash of Mazda5 parts. I haven't owned one in two years. Hopefully this will all be making its way to Rob Lewis' new 5 soon.

I also threw out a bag of garbage and have a localish car club guy coming Saturday for the S4's old front brakes. Chipping away! Video tomorrow. 

12/15/21 4:07 p.m.
12/15/21 9:45 p.m.

Tonight was more sorting and throwing stuff away.

I found three more cabin filters. A second one for a Mazda5 blush, one for Tres the B8 A4 we sold a year ago, and one for the Flex that I apparently never installed. That's 6 cabin filters I've found stashed in the garage so far.

I also threw away some old bicycle stuff, broke down more boxes, and moved a Christmas present/garage surprise actually in to the garage.

Then I got distracted with the factory roof rack for the 944 that came with it. It's never been on a car!

Hmmm. Not quite the look I'm going for and you have to bolt it on for the rear bar. 

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
12/16/21 9:42 a.m.

Interesting, don't think I've ever seen a roof rack on a 944 before.  Also, what's the fascination with cabin filters?  I keep oil filters on hand, and fuel filters for the diesel but I only replace a cabin filter every 20k miles or so, so usually just buy them right before I need them.

12/16/21 9:53 a.m.

In reply to docwyte :

Yeah the roof rack was a factory accessory. I'd never seen one either. 

I think the cabin filter thing is I like to buy them as part of doing maintenance, and just never install them because I get filthy changing the oil and whatnot and then I don't climb in the car. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
12/16/21 10:54 a.m.

I bet you could get a few hundred bucks for that roof rack.

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
12/16/21 12:18 p.m.

Good progress! I should be digging back into mine on Saturday.

12/17/21 1:45 a.m.

Tonight's progress:

I know this looks like a stack of stuff on a previously cleared shelf, and it is! All this is going to work tomorrow, which means it's no longer in the garage after that.

That ginormous lamp is going, too. I also boxed up the S4 brakes in preparation for the guy coming Saturday for them.

12/18/21 4:28 p.m.

I got more things. 

But hey, at least AAZCD's garage is cleaner!

12/19/21 10:53 p.m.

I have not touched the garage. I'm sick. Blerk. Kid #4 had a cold for 2 weeks (we're all fully vaxxed including the kids and he got COVID tested twice and came back negative both times) and now I have it.

I did wrap presents though, so there is that.

N o d d a z
N o d d a z UberDork
12/20/21 6:02 p.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

I got more things. 

But hey, at least AAZCD's garage is cleaner!

What in the world is THAT from?

Never mind.  Did a Google search and the Goog tells me Porsche Boxster.

Gah...

Scott

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/27/21 4:03 p.m.

If you haven't gotten rid of the Hemmings Muscle Machines yet, you may want to check and see what they are going for on eBay.  The first year or so are pretty low circulation, and I was able to sell my copies of them for a decent amount several years ago.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
12/29/21 6:21 p.m.
preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) Dork
12/30/21 12:34 p.m.

Keep them coming!

I laughed at you got rid of the last cardboard with so much still under the shelf.

The wheel puter oner thing though is mint. I have 2 just in case.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
12/30/21 12:36 p.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

Thanks! I love "wheel puter oner thing" too. I shipped 17 boxes so far this month and still need to get the Mazda5 parts out, so I go through the boxes quite a bit.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/5/22 6:54 p.m.

Hey look! I worked on the garage!

You can see that not only have the piles not grown, I managed to unload my NYGE box from last year and mail out mine for this year. 

And look! No more Mazda 5 parts! I finally mailed them off.

The spare kitchen chair is back in the house where it belongs.

I didn't even add that many boxes post-holidays!

bonylad
bonylad HalfDork
2/1/22 8:25 a.m.

Alright.............2 questions.

1.  What is a GMR new year box?

2. How do I become a forum supporter?

Looking GOOD!

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) Dork
2/1/22 6:12 p.m.

In reply to bonylad :

1. https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/grm-new-years-game-2021-woo-woo/188677/page24/

2. https://motorsportmarketing.lpages.co/grm-plus/

bonylad
bonylad HalfDork
2/2/22 8:29 a.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

Thanks for the assist. I emailed to join the game (for 2022) and subscribed.  Thanks!

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
2/6/22 8:00 p.m.

I don't know if your looking for garage tips,  but I use wharehouse racking cut down in my garage. It easily spans the cars, and trippled my storage space.

I have it lit with led strip lights. Boxes are labeled and ordered to know whats in them.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UltraDork
2/11/22 1:21 p.m.

All I can say is I'm sooo happy for moving and not having a basement to store stuff in for 16 of the last 20 years! Great job in cleaning it out though. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JRxXWjc3sGwooT7vVqRkuTI1yTkliMGsBVV3eUz0FCFrgkGwnqrp30HbrfMFgjQd