Wxdude10 - Mike
Wxdude10 - Mike Reader
12/12/20 10:06 p.m.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has the Flyin Miata jack pad adapter and is using it on non-Miatas?

I want to get a jack pad and I liked the looks of the FM one. Plus I'd like to support a member of the community here. When my wife looked at it, she said why are you asking for a Miata jack pad.   

Thanks!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/12/20 11:08 p.m.

The answer is maybe. It all depends on the car. We give the dimensions of the slots (they're different) so you can check on your other vehicles. They work on a large percentage of my own fleet but are not appropriate for 100% of them. 

And thanks.

Wxdude10 - Mike
Wxdude10 - Mike Reader
12/13/20 2:17 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Hey Keith,

For the cars that it doesn't work on, what was the problem?  I've got two recent Toyotas, first Gen Mazda 6, and a C4 in the fleet that I'd be using it on. Were the pinch welds too tall or not enough space for the pad?

Thanks

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/13/20 3:28 p.m.

On some, it's pinch weld geometry - too wide or too tall or no flat surface on one side. On one, it's some (fragile and irreplaceable) plastic trim that covers the bottom of the fender and would come into contact with the pad leading to immediate sadness and recrimination. These are all fairly weird cars so this is not typical experience :)

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
12/29/20 10:21 a.m.

They work fantastically on BG chassis cars, I've also used them on mazda 3s, and a 987 Cayman, the rear of a vw golf doesn't play nicely with them though

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
12/29/20 3:31 p.m.

I recently bought one from FM and I haven't had a miata in a decade.

I use it on my 2008 and 2018 Honda Fits. It works great.  Could I have bought one someplace else? Sure. But FM is a great niche supplier and I wanted to support them.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
faI9yBIU2PHUPYQXjbAEzrvPUewFZWkkdko7lt9rug3amIrQ3edNcezgHoPxF1f0