1 2 3
Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
10/11/11 1:27 p.m.

Mine was delivered about 2 hours ago, but I won't be able to play it until tomorrow

The Top Gear book in the LCE is cool.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
10/11/11 1:29 p.m.

As soon as I get home...my wife has been warned.

See you all online!

failboat
failboat HalfDork
10/11/11 1:38 p.m.

Mines being delivered today. No fully functional xbox yet.

Mine works maybe 10% of the time....might try to get my FM3 profile ready for the new game, according to a FM4 car list I found, you get certain cars given to you based on what you own in your FM3 profile...So I may try to make sure my profile has all those purchased. Not gonna attempt a new FM4 game/profile until I have a new xbox.

In the meantime I must live vicariously through others.....post up screenshots!

NickF40
NickF40 Dork
10/11/11 2:00 p.m.

^ ok, now that made me laugh...

it is fun though, they did good!

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/11/11 2:36 p.m.

Had mine for about an hour and a half now. Got about 12 cars in my garage because I had them in FM3, and got 60,000 credits for being a Forza loyalist. But I'm making so much credits and not having to upgrade cars yet, that it's building up bank quickly. And with the driver level cars, I think I'm already over 20 cars in my garage, and I'm just on my 2nd race series.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
10/11/11 2:40 p.m.

The LCE + Pre-Order means I'll start with like 50 cars, even though I don't have an F3 profile to port over!

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/11/11 2:43 p.m.

You still have to "buy" the LCE cars in the game, they don't start out in your garage.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
10/11/11 2:44 p.m.

Not gonna do it. Was gonna get an LCE but... never played Forza 3, and honestly, I probably wouldn't play 4 that much.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
10/11/11 2:46 p.m.

SWMBO has outlawed the sound of racing games in the apartment.

failboat
failboat HalfDork
10/11/11 2:55 p.m.

Sounds like you need headphones. I dont have any noise ordinances within my house but I have been considering a nice set to get some really nice surround sound going on.

someone give us a run down of what the autocross is like in the game. I have been trolling on the forzamotorsport.net forums and havent seen much about it.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/11/11 3:00 p.m.

It's just like the gated races in PGR. Not really an autocross in the sense that you or I know it.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/11/11 3:05 p.m.

Wow... Just put the upgrades on my '94 Miata to make it a lot more like a Spec Miata for a D class race, and the sound is SPOT ON! It changed from the muted sound of the full exhaust, to a raucous, almost annoying sound (if it were louder) that is true to life.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
10/11/11 3:10 p.m.
racerfink wrote: It's just like the gated races in PGR. Not really an autocross in the sense that you or I know it.

^^ This. ^^

Not like a real autocross, but similar enough to the idea. The physics make it superior to PGR, but the concept is very very similar.

I'll spend some time with it, for sure.

And just a reminder, you're invited to join the Team GRM car club in the game...I'm not sure how it will look from the other end, but our club tag is [tgrm].

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/11/11 3:18 p.m.

I sent a request on the club page, just waiting for an ok!

failboat
failboat HalfDork
10/11/11 3:18 p.m.

oh cool.... i really liked the cone challenges in PGR.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
10/11/11 3:19 p.m.
racerfink wrote: You still have to "buy" the LCE cars in the game, they don't start out in your garage.

Whaaaaa?????

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/11/11 3:26 p.m.

The LCE (bonus code cars) just places those cars in the dealerships. You still have to use your in-game credits to purchase those cars from said dealerships before they get placed in your garage.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
10/11/11 3:29 p.m.

What about the VIP cars, the BMW cars, and the Pre-Order car?

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/11/11 3:38 p.m.

The VIP cars and the M5 are all in your garage, cause you don't need a code for them.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
10/11/11 4:14 p.m.

Oh, and here's our review...see you all online this evening!

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/forza-motorsport-4-grassrootsmotorsportscom-review/

Please ignore the discolored text at the beginning; it does that for articles that aren't from a previous magazine issue. Grrr....new site...grrr.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Reader
10/11/11 4:28 p.m.

I anxiously await the arrival of mine thru whichever delivery company Amazon chooses.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
10/11/11 4:40 p.m.

Looooooooooooooooooooongest work day EVER!!!!

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/11/11 4:50 p.m.

I've done two Top Gear challenges already, and I must say, I HATE THEM. Do they change at all? Such a waste of time...

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
10/11/11 5:13 p.m.
racerfink wrote: It's just like the gated races in PGR. Not really an autocross in the sense that you or I know it.

And that's a good thing. FM1 had real autocross and it plain didn't work too well as a video game.

I picked up the game today but have not even opened it yet. Hoping to take it for a spin when I get done with work.

Is there a GRM car club yet? I am SupraWes on Xbox Live also.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
10/11/11 5:26 p.m.

Yeah, it's tgrm. You have to find the club, then send a request so they can approve it.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2tZbf2WRzOwGCpXDE3TQaZ3rHzxmeHuz9OUQGUIOKIKtjFM3KKqVqI9jS4CGf3mf