T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/13/20 11:05 a.m.

This may be old news for some since it was announced on March 11th, but  on June 23rd, ACC will be available for PS4 and Xbox. It only has GT3 cars, but it seems to do them well.

I suppose I will order this for PS4 and see how it is. Looking forward to it.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/13/20 11:14 a.m.

Just ordered it.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/14/20 12:34 p.m.

Tracks in the base game are: Barcelona, Brands Hatch, Hungaroring, Misano, Monza, Nurburgring, Paul Ricard, Silverstone, Spa Francorchamps, Zandvoort, and Zolder. Most of these tracks are familiar to me from Project Cars 2 and the various iterations of Grand Turismo, but a few are new to me.

There are some DLC tracks as well: Kyalami, Suzuka, Laguna Seca, Mount Panorama.

If you pre-order the game, the DLC is included, otherwise it's an extra $15. DLC also includes a bunch of extra liveries.

Since this game is the official Blancpain GT series videogame, the cars are all GT3 cars for now, but it looks like there is an upcoming DLC that will add GT4 cars as well. This game has largely discplaced Project Cars 2 as the platform the e-sport alien types. I think that the cars will have a bit more realistic grip level than they do in PC2 where things frequently feel like their may be a bit of ice on the track at times.

Brad, I'm counting on you to buy this one to test it out with me. May be a good option for us to switch to instead of GT Sport.

jde
jde HalfDork
5/15/20 8:53 a.m.

PC/Steam version is also on sale at Humble Bundle at the moment.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
5/27/20 10:29 p.m.

Just pre-ordered this, and bought Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition to get a feel for the game when so I’m up to speed when ACC comes out.  Is there any way in the world to get rid of that annoying camera yaw?  All the talk I heard about how this game was the ultimate sim racing for a console, and I’ve been severely disappointed so far.  

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/27/20 10:41 p.m.

In reply to racerfink :

No idea. I've not played it. Watching youtube videos of the PC version of ACC though tells me it isn't an issue on ACC. The original is a few years old, so who knows how similar the two are. 

Are you a PS4 or Xbox guy?

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
5/27/20 11:49 p.m.

XBox.  Reading the reviews on storefront (note to self...  do that before purchase), I should have run the other direction from this one.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/28/20 11:48 a.m.

In reply to racerfink :

Do you mean the original Assetto Corsa or ACC?

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
5/28/20 1:35 p.m.

I bought both.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/31/20 2:23 p.m.
xflowgolf (Forum Supporter)
xflowgolf (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
6/10/20 1:38 p.m.

kept seeing "ACC" referred to in another thread and had to google and found this thread.  Ha  

bumping to see if it's worth picking up for xbox one since it looks like we're a few weeks away from release.  

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/10/20 3:32 p.m.

In reply to xflowgolf (Forum Supporter) :

The PC version seems fairly popular and mostly people seem to like it, but I've not played it.  There is a lot of content on Youtube and Twitch of sim racing streamers playing it (PC version). Graphics look better than iRacing and there is no ongoing fees to pay every month. Handling supposedly more realistic than Project Cars 2 where most of the cars slide everywhere and don't really have much grip.

Limited tracks, only GT3 cars (GT4 coming soon) and supposedly just tries to be a simulator. No career mode or anything like that AFAIK. It has day/night transitions, weather changes, the PC version allows driver swaps so for longer races, you can split time with other drivers. Not sure what things will be dumbed down for consoles. I expect the number of cars will be limited sort of like how Project Cars 2 allows 32 cars for the PC version, but only 16 cars for the PS4 version (multiplayer).

I am fairly excited to get it and see how it is, but like I said, I've not played it yet, so who knows.

What are the other XBox options? Forza or Project Cars 2?

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
6/17/20 10:37 a.m.

Well... I just watched their live event, and the gameplay videos.... ummm...  this quote from GTPlanet best summarizes it:

SMS.....All is forgiven.

Locked at 30 FPS on all consoles.

No AI in online.

No private lobbies.

The graphics and sound seem worse that previous gen games... even AC.

The camera / replay (?) footage was choppy and stuttering.

Here's some videos:

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/17/20 11:01 a.m.

I need to get a gaming PC. I am leaning towards that instead of a PS5. I pre-ordered ACC for PS4, so next week I'll try it out and see how it is, but the no private lobbies thing is not a good thing at all. No AI in multiplayer I can deal with. I'll check out those videos you posted Brad - haven't watched them yet.

EDIT: The no private lobbies thing has me questioning whether I even want to mess with this game. I suppose I could cancel my pre-order.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
6/18/20 10:03 p.m.

I'll give them this, the proximity indicator is really good...

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
6/19/20 8:20 a.m.

I feel like I'm hating on this game/sim and I don't really mean to be that way.  I was actually pretty interested in the endurance driver swap ability.  

But I think they messed something up.

Old AC (on a PC4):

New ACC (on a PS4 Pro):

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/19/20 8:39 a.m.

The PC version seems to need a fairly modern computer to run well. So to take a game that pushes 2020 computers hard and make it run on 8 year old consoles, there was bound to be compromises. 

I think they should've held off and made it for PS5 and whatever the new Xbox will be called. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/24/20 11:26 a.m.

This was released yesterday, but Amazon somehow is not going to get my copy to me until tomorrow. Other times I've pre-ordered something it arrived at my house on the release day. Still looking forward to trying it out. No driver swaps and no private lobbies still are unfortunate, but the developers said that they will add the ability to create private lobbies in an update. Game overall seems fairly close to the PC version from watching people who normally play it on PC play it on a PS4. There has been some griping about how the headlights work (or don't work) for night driving compared to PC and the weather is not as nicely rendered so that rain at night just is not good on PS4 compared to PC.

EDIT: Got the game today in the mail. Still need to try it out.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
6/24/20 1:32 p.m.

Can anybody release a complete, ready to go game these days?

Well...  after spending about two hours with this game so far...  I’m ready to ask for a refund.  Honestly, the GT3 cars in AC drive better, sound better, and look better.  Fixed 30fps, my foot.  Tried doing a night round of the Lamborghini test at the beginning of career, and the headlights are pretty much useless.  After looking through reviews, that’s a commin theme with every car.  

There are so many unfinished oarts of this game.  Many wheel users report several bugs that require them to unplug their usb many times, and it seems the game doesn’t even support the Thrustmaster TX.  There is no setting for FoV, and no description of what each individual setting does when you try to make the game more playable.  I even tried the ‘steering assist’, and all that seemed to make the car do was go straight off at every corner.

PC1 was a more playable game at release than this garbage.  Save your money, or at least wait until after they come out with a FEW patches first.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/24/20 6:40 p.m.

In reply to racerfink :

I messed around with it for about 45 mins. Didn't do night time or rain yet. I couldn't find a FOV setting either. For me the main issue is very weak force feedback. I need to mess with the FFB settings to see if it can be made better. Only drove the Lambo and Aston Martin so far. Hope I end up liking it more eventually than I do right now. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/25/20 1:55 p.m.

Tried a couple laps this morning at Nurburgring in the Aston Martin. Graphics are ok - not worse or better than Project Cars 2 that I am used to, not as slick looking as GT Sport. The game supposedly uses the same physics model as the PC version and the developers sacrificed graphics to maintain the physics. I cannot comment on the physics since I can hardly complete a lap without crashing so far.

I turned up the FFB setting (or at least the one setting that sounded like it may be the thing I want to adjust), but still it is very weak and not to my liking. I will keep messing around with it to see if I can find some settings I like. The game provides no help at what the various settings do, so I guess I'll have to find some sort of info online.

There is a noticeable lag when in cockpit view between the steering wheel on the screen and my actual wheel. Enough that is a little distracting. I either need to turn the on screen wheel off like I can do in Project Cars 2 or change to some other view neither which I could figure out how to do so far.

I have a hard time not losing the rear end and spinning off at this point. I don't see any way to calibrate the pedals, which may be something that would help me with braking. As it is now I seem to rely on the ABS to save me and just have to not trail brake at all or I die.

Not ready to give up just yet, but so far I am not impressed.

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
7/8/20 4:42 p.m.
T.J. said:

Not ready to give up just yet, but so far I am not impressed.

Any further updates on your experiences?  I noticed it is on $39.99 on PS Store currently.  Not sure if that was the retail price or a discount, but when comparing it to the $69.99 for F1 2020 it seems like a discount.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/8/20 6:19 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I've only driven at Nurburgring so far. Doing some laps in each car trying to figure out my favorite and they each drive differently. I think my record is 5 laps without crashing so far. Still finding it hard to get the hang of. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jDN7OOuybTG2w5X1BzOwCcrn1Hu9xxxKoF8mHjOXoZy2LcjYb0mRJS6rAdFx2Tsz