boaty mcfailface
boaty mcfailface UberDork
4/10/18 7:56 a.m.

As mentioned in another post, I recently started figuring out how convert and build cars for Assetto Corsa. For now I am dealing with existing models procured from the internets, and additional parts created by others. 

First up, no one so far has brought a Mazda 2 into AC, so why not make a B-Spec race car? This ones converted from FM4. (Yes, It has crossed my mind that once I set up one of these, it may be easier to put some more B-Spec cars in place using the first as a baseline and adjusting paramaters for each car as needed.)

It is coming along but there is still a lot to do. Engine, Gearing, Tires are all done. I spent several hours last night crunching numbers and getting the suspension set up. I think I need to make some changes to the rear geometry (I have to fake it and use a strut setup in the rear because AC doesnt have an option to set up the rear as a twist beam. I am getting way too much toe change throughout the suspension travel by my estimation). Aside from that though I think it feels pretty nice in game. I know I have the front geometry just about right as I found several measurements online.

Anyone willing to test drive and give some feedback? I dd'd and autocrossed a subcompact for years (but not on slicks), so IMO this feels about right. PM me and I can send you a link to the current car.

Our Preferred Partners
p7rXTzS2BzUF0zEdEL1DM3qKDOE9LbAdKe2DQuZFm88IkyzfNHk11VQvMni2mCl6