boaty mcfailface
boaty mcfailface UberDork
4/10/18 7:56 a.m.

As mentioned in another post, I recently started figuring out how convert and build cars for Assetto Corsa. For now I am dealing with existing models procured from the internets, and additional parts created by others. 

First up, no one so far has brought a Mazda 2 into AC, so why not make a B-Spec race car? This ones converted from FM4. (Yes, It has crossed my mind that once I set up one of these, it may be easier to put some more B-Spec cars in place using the first as a baseline and adjusting paramaters for each car as needed.)

It is coming along but there is still a lot to do. Engine, Gearing, Tires are all done. I spent several hours last night crunching numbers and getting the suspension set up. I think I need to make some changes to the rear geometry (I have to fake it and use a strut setup in the rear because AC doesnt have an option to set up the rear as a twist beam. I am getting way too much toe change throughout the suspension travel by my estimation). Aside from that though I think it feels pretty nice in game. I know I have the front geometry just about right as I found several measurements online.

Anyone willing to test drive and give some feedback? I dd'd and autocrossed a subcompact for years (but not on slicks), so IMO this feels about right. PM me and I can send you a link to the current car.

jackCRATERS
jackCRATERS New Reader
12/23/23 11:39 p.m.

Hi! I know this post is super old, but any chance you still have this mod? I am a Mazda2 owner who tracks my Mazda2 and would love to try it out in Assetto Corsa! This looks awesome!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/24/23 1:27 p.m.

Assetto Mods has a stock version, don't know how good / accurate of course:  https://assettocorsamods.io/cars/street/mazda_2/   (looks like it was very recently uploaded: 12/5/23)

If you have a list of tracks you run, and want to run with a bunch of other idiots who will simulate actual drivers (many of which are actual track drivers), feel free to suggest a series for the GRM AC League.  We have previously done a (mostly) simulation of One Lap (not all the tracks were available) with a modded MINI to simulate someones actual car.  We were actually looking for some lower power cars for a series.

Hint: if you are looking for a car that is available in AC, search Google for:  "Assetto Corsa (name of car)".  It's a pretty effective search since "Assetto Corsa" is a very uncommon phrase on the internet, other than the game.  The search / browse capabilities of many of the AC sites (especially Race Department) are crap, so it's a much better method than the sites themselves.

As noted, some available cars can be very poor mods or conversions (e.g. the MINI we used had the wrong front suspension, but it still worked pretty well)

Mazda 2

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/22/24 12:43 p.m.

I really need to get back in to doing this. I was body swapping a RX7. That was really cool. Not to hard really where I stoped was trying to actually modify the car body. 

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
1/22/24 6:46 p.m.

I want to do a K swapped NA Miata with aero for AC.... but I really need to finish my IRL car first!  cheeky

failboat (Forum Supporter)
failboat (Forum Supporter) UberDork
1/27/24 10:35 a.m.

I got an email about this topic, 

Here is the Mazda 2 I put together years ago. It was definitely driving in game, i felt like i had something weird going on with the front steering geometry though that I never figured out, despite trying to estimate some real world type measurements for connection points from photos etc. the front end was having some weird camber changes as you steered. Was still fun to drive!

Feel free to use or continue editing the files to your liking!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ke74rmput2rsw9a/mazda_2_bspec.rar/file

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cHiYmrnWAmhiCCUPZ3HxjrIg5OT163XfFhUoXh01T2DsfZkUfwlLzirZsG30M1Ev