dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/26/22 2:06 p.m.

I like that poster. laugh

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/27/22 12:48 p.m.

Great racing last night!!  I was slow!!!   You all realize if Colin wins next week with 100kg we are going to need to re think the HC system. Or at least maybe make a Colin rule. laugh

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/29/22 7:39 p.m.

Standings:

e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
10/29/22 7:48 p.m.

Is Bathurst on the server?  I don't see it nor do I have it.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/29/22 8:06 p.m.

It's in the folder now.

e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
10/30/22 10:45 a.m.
aircooled said:

It's in the folder now.

The name doesn't match what Dean has on the server, is it the same track that was renamed or are there different renderings?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/30/22 8:46 p.m.

Should be the same.  I uploaded it from my tracks folder and I could get I the room.

e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
10/30/22 10:33 p.m.

Your file is "bathurst_fm7" and the one on the server is "rt_bathurst".  I guess I can try renaming the folder and seeing what it does.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/30/22 11:37 p.m.

Not sure why it is different but I don't think AC goes by the folder name.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/31/22 1:38 p.m.

I just up loaded my version from the server.  It is significantly smaller than the one Air put up.  Try that.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/31/22 6:51 p.m.

Once the minion's stop showing up (I think all the kids got together and decided to be minions). I should be on line getting some laps. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/31/22 10:18 p.m.
dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/1/22 7:19 a.m.

The action at the WG in the vid was great to watch!!!  

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/1/22 3:15 p.m.

I know TDT is tonight but anyone going to practice for the GRM race tomorrow?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/1/22 3:47 p.m.

I will probably practice.  I think TDT is only a maybe tonight anyway due to possible server being shut down.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/1/22 7:29 p.m.

Since we are now doing at least a 6 race series, we probably should add at a drop.  It doesn't change anything but does bring things a bit closer:

I think we are planning on going for 8 races?  I know Colin is supposed to pick at least one of the final tracks.  So, we will still need one more track.  Anyone want to make that call?

Start your strategizing.  Colin, you might want to plan on finishing 4th at some point....

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/2/22 7:59 a.m.

After practicing last night I am not sure I actually improved. I learned I need more practice.  

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/2/22 8:11 a.m.

We can go 8 or 10 races. Or we could change over to RX7s or start a new series of some sort.  

Anyone with ideas for a series is welcome to put it up here.  We could do the 90s Grand torismo car pack air put up a while back.  I have a jones to run an over tired over powered FWD econo box that I like.  Maybe re visit the GT3 cars?  now that we have a better understanding of adjusting the cars we could make that work. 

What about open wheel with aero?  Oh I know we could see about cloning Drillins car in the game and race that.  Or we just pick someone's DD street car and make that a series.  Let's see we could race my wife's dd.  Hummer H2 racing. Lol.  Or Saab 93 aero wagon racing. Maybe a subi/evo challenge?  Euro race trucks?  The possibility's are endless.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/2/22 1:48 p.m.

I think it would be fun to put in some time with some of those old open wheel cars (e.g Lotus 25 and 49).  They are very "slidey", but I think once we get used to them they could be balls o fun.

If we could come up with a version of an LS powered Volvo wagon, we could do that.  That's might be a little absurd to be believable though!

Of a related note, I can get the Rome Gran Tourismo course.  It's still a bit preliminary (no pits and off track textures are incomplete)  Maybe at least test it at some point.  Not sure we want to run two GT tracks for this series.

I do remember we ran the Integra series there, and I believe it was also the location for the origin of "the tangerine torpedo" (Euro Trash series I believe).  This version runs the opposite way (clockwise) than we usually ran it.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/2/22 1:49 p.m.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/2/22 2:00 p.m.

I am thinking that this could be fun.  At least for a one-off race.

Tangerine Torpedo started at brands Hatch when we were playing in GT5.  I started the race mid field or so and going into turn one I lost the video.  I never hit anyone and the screen came back coming out of the corner.  I look back and see everyone in the sand pit or going in to the sand pit.  I looked at the replay and I never hit anyone but since then I have been the Tangerine Torpedo.  

I don't remember what I was driving.  I remember Argo was in a Range Rover with a bazillion HP.   I think it was one of those power-to-weight or performance-points-based series or something like that.  That was a fun series!!  I may have been driving the Lambo?  I am not sure.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/2/22 2:03 p.m.

I have the racing trucks ready to go.  As I remember their driving characteristics are pretty strange.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/2/22 2:47 p.m.
aircooled said:

I have the racing trucks ready to go.  As I remember their driving characteristics are pretty strange.

Yeah, they were pretty awful from what I recall

e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
11/2/22 8:34 p.m.

Rome is gonna be a no from me dawg.  We didn't race there very often and it's because it isn't a great track.  It's flat with a straightforward layout where there is no need for line choice and very little speed variation.  Hell, in these cars the hardest braking zones on the track would only require a single downshift and you'd only touch the brakes 4 times per lap, the entire rest of the lap is flat out and turn the wheel. 

Passing is also extremely difficult since the speed differential is so small, you either need the other driver to mess up going onto the main straight or pull a Verstappen dive bomb.  We had major CF's we had at the end of the back straight basically every race going either direction, but one way would literally take out the entire field because of how pinched it was with the walls.  It really is just not a good track.  

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/4/22 8:49 a.m.

I need to go find a copy of Rome I am sure I would remember it. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZQqwHGcAtWp0KX5smuDo4XaVU2TQcZ7JZEpo0sNBrCQyq7ygXky2keYuZKvg0ze6