11/8/22 9:09 p.m.

I forgot to post standings, kind of tight at the top there:

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/8/22 9:11 p.m.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/9/22 8:37 a.m.

Well with things getting a bit crazy at work I did not get any practice in this week. Tonight should be fun. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/9/22 8:38 a.m.

BTW Air that would make a really cool poster. How high a res file is that. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/9/22 8:39 a.m.

At some point the HC has to slow Colin down.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/9/22 12:35 p.m.
dean1484 said:

BTW Air that would make a really cool poster. How high a res file is that. 

Each banner would be 24" x 14" at 150 dpi (good enough for good quality print), so anything smaller than that would look fine (small 24"x 18" poster should work, just trim it).  Combining all 6 (or 8) as a collage (2 rows of 3 or 4) would easily go poster size (24" x 36" is typical)

Let me know if there is any interest (with or without text, easy enough to remove) and I can post up a file that can easily be printed at Costco or any online service.

BTW - If we want to go 8 races, Colin needs to pick a track (sound like Tokyo is a huge gift to Sauce!), and we will need a final track (I am thinking something like Nuremburg GT might be Porsche appropriate), or whatever Darwin wants (since the other two top points holders effectively got a pick)

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/9/22 12:55 p.m.

I'm 90% out tonight.  If only I could program my computer to join the race then immediately pit

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/9/22 10:33 p.m.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/14/22 8:06 a.m.

Going to try and get some practice in tonight. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/14/22 12:15 p.m.

With two races left, it's still reasonably close at the top.  Colin HAS to be slowing down (Suzuka is a pretty fast track).  Darwin is not far behind.  Sauce has a good amount of room to add HC, and the last race effectively has no HC!

Still need a last track from Darwin.... make it one you are good at!

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/15/22 7:50 a.m.

My times are just ok at this track. Pro was faster with his HC by a bit.  There are so many places on this track to make or loose time. I was trying to string together 7-8 laps with out going off track. Really just re learning the track. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/16/22 10:27 p.m.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/18/22 8:10 a.m.

The race is for third!!  Next time we are going to move the HC back to a linear 30kg per step. I was thinking that these cars would be hit hard by the HC but Colin has proven that not to be the case.  

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/18/22 8:21 a.m.

Air. I was wondering if a tire HC should be looked at?  We use to do that. It would not work so well between series unless the tire model is easily manipulated. 

The intent of the HC is to slow a car by about one second a lap per HC step. Obviously it is not an exact science but that is the target. 

Another idea I had is to apply a time penalty at the end of the race but I really don't like. The idea of the HC is to level the playing field to have close racing. Lapping all alone is what we are trying to eliminate. 

One other idea we could try is going to a sprint format with three 10 minute races or four 7-8 minute races with very short time between them and revers grid for each race. Trying keep the cumulative race time to 30 min or so.  I am not sure I can set a server to do that. It would make tracking the cumulative finish position harder.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/18/22 1:17 p.m.

Tires, percentage of grip, are easy to modify, but I think there may be a limit to how many tires you can have for each car.  We could of course have duplicate cars with different levels of tires.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/18/22 2:20 p.m.

Two quick shot of "The Dean Squeeze" incident:

It looks like by the standard we used in GT (must be equal to outside car), it doesn't fly, but by standard driving protocol?  In actually driving, it would clearly be easier to judge the position of the inside car.  Clearly Sauce is going for the Apex, but should Dean have backed off?  I am also suspicious that if Dean had to pay for the bodywork, he would be less likely to push such a position.

Thoughts?

Point that brakes are applied:

Point of contact:

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/18/22 7:34 p.m.

For you guys that dont have rally games, WRC 9 is currently free on Amazon Gaming.  https://gaming.amazon.com/home

There is multiplayer... you can do stage rally against people simultaneously (but not wheel to wheel).  Worth a try for $0

e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
11/19/22 10:50 a.m.

I still put it 100% on me, I didn't realize that Dean had pulled so far along side and thought I was clear. Regardless of where the cars were the lack of situational awareness was the cause of the incident. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/20/22 1:31 a.m.

Why I wanted to see the replay. I was going to say I was much further along side than the replay shows. I could have backed out.  I was the passing car. My responsibility to do it clean so while it would have been nice for you to not pull down I did not own the corner. In fact I don't think I got my front tire past your door by looking at the replay.  I am much more at fault. You could not see me as I was not up far enough. By my race craft rules it is my fault for this sauce.  I should have backed out and taken the fight to the next corner.  

Air can you swap Sauce and my finishing positions in that race and recalculate the positions.  I think this should give sauce 2nd in the first race.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/20/22 8:44 p.m.

That was the second race.  Updated results and standings:

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/20/22 9:44 p.m.

I put the race posters in the 944 Race Posters folder if anyone wants to print them.  The should be fine up to around 18x24 inches, but might be good bigger (?).  The are 25"x14" at 150 dpi.   The also are 4K resolution, so if you want them for screen backgrounds, they will work perfectly.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/21/22 7:03 a.m.

Thanks Air!!!  

I will adjust the HC as well  

Are we running this week?  I realize Colin has this wrapped up. We can postpone if people are away and just mess with other cars or something . 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/21/22 12:09 p.m.

I for some reason think we are going to have to implement a "Colin rule"  I don't know what it is at the moment but this is the 2nd series in a row he has crushed us.  laugh

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/21/22 12:11 p.m.

Air.  I had an idea for this series T-shirt.  We could use some or all of the posters or maybe make something with the best poster and all the cars that competed.   Or?   

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
11/21/22 12:59 p.m.

I'm in Wednesday

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tS5veSMBc7qMMv03Y5RopfWfawYcSh4x6wn1pJ8ZfyBksGYC83QdADbDSLAejXgT