aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/23/23 11:52 a.m.
ProDarwin said:

Ok I put about 10 minutes into this....

OK, now I know what you are talking about.   I do wonder if it is a bit too close to the actual GRM logo (although very appropriate if they really want to back it).  We would certainly want to get approval from GRM staff for that.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/23/23 3:30 p.m.
BradLTL said:

The testing lasts longer than the series. 

Ya I know but getting ducks in a row for this one is a bit more complicated.  Once we get this done we will be back to "normal". A couple of practice sessions and then we send it.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/23/23 3:51 p.m.

Updated Poster 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/24/23 8:35 a.m.

Thanks, I will post this in the main forum in a couple of minutes!!!

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/25/23 7:24 a.m.
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/25/23 8:57 p.m.

Not gonna be in tonight

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/26/23 12:20 p.m.

People need to start committing to a car for the race next week. Since there are no Handy Caps in play I need to know so I have enough of the various cars available for everyone. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/26/23 1:01 p.m.

I am leaning Lambo or AMG just because I am pretty consistent with them, but I will lean towards more car variation if necessary.  You might want to add another Lambo (I think there is only one slot) and drop one from another just in case.

Make sure the take a look at the livery options also if you care.

As a reminder, you CAN switch cars during the series as long as you are not currently in 1st or 2nd in series points.  You can only drive each car ONCE though!

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
1/26/23 8:41 p.m.

Sponsorless NSX until I have competitive form. 

andy_b
andy_b New Reader
1/26/23 9:50 p.m.

I can't find prodarwin#1538 on Discord.  I must be doing something wrong.  Can someone save me from myself and send me an invite?

I'm Herzvik#6790

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/26/23 9:59 p.m.

Herzvik#6790 does not come up for me when I try to invite.  Darwin can probably figure it out.

I will try and send an invite via a message (check your mail)

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/26/23 10:12 p.m.

In reply to andy_b :

I just tried and I can't locate you either.

Here is a direct invite link, see if that works for you.  If it does, PM me when you get on there

https://discord.gg/fkdQ5WZy

(expires in a few days)

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/26/23 10:12 p.m.

Quick video from last night:

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/30/23 12:59 a.m.

I am going to need car choices or if you are considering a couple cars let me know so I can make sure that there is enough of rack car on the server for Wednesday. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/30/23 4:31 p.m.

Give me the Blue #61 Huracan.  Hopefully it will keep me out of the weeds a bit.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/31/23 10:57 a.m.

I managed to get Covid so I am not sure how much I will be participating tomorrow.  The race is on for sure.  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/31/23 11:36 a.m.

I'm a maybe for tomorrow.  I'm uh... swole.  And not in a good way.  I'm not sure how comfortable the sim rig is gonna be.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/31/23 12:16 p.m.

Ok should we postpone?  Are any of the new people going to join us. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/31/23 2:02 p.m.

I think we should run it we have been delaying to long as it is. Even if I don't make it. 

who all is running tonight!  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/31/23 3:03 p.m.

I say let it run.  

I might try TDT tonight as a test.

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
1/31/23 10:48 p.m.

Since it'll clearly make me a better racing driver.... like way more than actually practicing... I setup SimHub tonight.

https://www.simhubdash.com/

It was fairly straightforward. Download and install. Select devices and connect your phone or tablet. Select your game and go.

With Content Manager it's just a bit trickier, but not difficult. You'll need to provide a custom path to AC, but point it to your Content Manager .exe file.

Took all of 15 minutes, and most of that was me playing with the various dashboard options. I'm not fully settled on one yet, but I'll start with one called "Control center".  It has all the basic telemetry, shows tire wear, fuel consumption rate in real time, radar, track map (I think) showing all car positions, and lap times with deltas.

I'm using an old LG Android tablet that was sitting around and literally collecting dust. Seems to run perfectly fine. It says the free version is limited to 10 FPS, the paid version goes up to 60 FPS. I'm going to run the free version for a bit, if I like it I'll buy the license to support the group.

Worth checking out for sure.

e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
2/1/23 7:04 a.m.

If we're choosing cars, as much as I like the Lexus I'll go with the 2015 Bentley instead. 

Also, if we need to push a week it may not be the end of the world, I don't know if we've gotten anyone from the other thread up and running yet. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/1/23 8:39 a.m.
BradLTL said:

Since it'll clearly make me a better racing driver.... like way more than actually practicing... I setup SimHub tonight.

https://www.simhubdash.com/

It was fairly straightforward. Download and install. Select devices and connect your phone or tablet. Select your game and go.

With Content Manager it's just a bit trickier, but not difficult. You'll need to provide a custom path to AC, but point it to your Content Manager .exe file.

Took all of 15 minutes, and most of that was me playing with the various dashboard options. I'm not fully settled on one yet, but I'll start with one called "Control center".  It has all the basic telemetry, shows tire wear, fuel consumption rate in real time, radar, track map (I think) showing all car positions, and lap times with deltas.

I'm using an old LG Android tablet that was sitting around and literally collecting dust. Seems to run perfectly fine. It says the free version is limited to 10 FPS, the paid version goes up to 60 FPS. I'm going to run the free version for a bit, if I like it I'll buy the license to support the group.

Worth checking out for sure.

Is there anything not available with the in game apps?  Whats the purpose - to declutter your screen?

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
2/1/23 11:27 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Well... I don't love the on-screen widgets design.  Then getting all the data means having lots of things floating around the screen distracting me from focusing on not crashing.  Plus who doesn't love gadgets?

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/1/23 7:57 p.m.

Ok about one hour from the season start!!!  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZFY3R2YqMvbz3JzUOKB74uQhXM2tbzGNOmtYFURTH9awwmNoBF3Dnkfva6vXiPNz