BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
3/17/23 10:37 a.m.
Rodan said:

I heard "payback" on the voice channel, but I'm not sure who said it, or what it was about.  (Edited to add: this was after the second race, not during).  I wasn't aware of any intentional contact.

I heard it as well, and I think context matters.  I don't think the comment was implying that there was intentional "payback" but more of a karma effect.  I think he felt he may have been bumped at some point.  A bit like the refs blowing a call against your football team, but them getting an interception on the next play.  Let's make sure we are giving people the benefit of doubt.

That said, I'm in favor of some driving standards being enforced.  It won't be the first time we've had a standards that were required to be documented / enforced.

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
3/17/23 10:39 a.m.
aircooled said:

Brad and I are dead even, so the last race will determine that!  Mike might be a spoiler if he does really well (!)

Based on your 3 second pace advantage testing Wednesday night... I'm not too hopeful.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/17/23 5:31 p.m.

Well poop!   Looks like I am out next week.  So you only need to finish 8th or better to get any points.  You would still win though since you will have finished higher in the most recent race.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/18/23 12:18 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I agree completely and I am trying to sort this out.  Intent and context are a big thing. 

People also have to realize that sometimes you are the bug and sometimes you are the windshield in racing. It sucks. Do it long enough and you will be both at one time or another.  Racers are control freaks playing in a environment where you are dancing on the edge of control in close proximity to others doing the same thing. You will inevitably fall victim to a deficit of talent or luck.  

But I also understand that we are all racers and by that very fact competitive people. Winning does matter to us. I am no exception. It is very difficult to un train this. It is in a racers DNA.  Racers are emotionally involved. It is what drives a racer. That emotional high of winning where talent and luck come together and you are the best for the moment.  You get that emotional high that you will then continue to chase. It is why people often compare auto racing to a drug addiction. Once you get that "high" you will for ever be chasing it. 

But back on point I contemplating some things in the server set up that should help things. These changes should have zero effect on everyone that has been participating to date.  

I still have homework to do so we will see.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/20/23 1:07 a.m.

Highlights finally.  Lots of stuff.  Honestly most all of it is good examples of both pulling on track and waiting.  Good chase at the end, to bad I could not hold it together for longer.  The primary issue just seemed to be somewhat difficult cars and a lot of cars.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
3/20/23 9:34 a.m.

Thank you for the video Air. That was really good, I say that not only because I made the highlight reel with a good pass, but it does show how hard we all were trying out there.  

MKirby

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/21/23 7:18 a.m.

There are some really cool angles in the Video!!!

Seeing a dozen plus cars going in to T1 at the start is really cool!!    

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/21/23 7:20 a.m.

I am hoping to be on tonight to get some practice in.  This track is tougher than I remember it being in GT.  

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/22/23 7:14 a.m.

Everyone ready for tonight?  

I also have Miata's up on the 2nd server for testing. Quite the contrast to the GT3 cars. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/22/23 10:28 a.m.

Tonight should be very interesting.  The HC seems to have hit my car hard at this track best laps I can get are a mid 2:06.  The long straits seem to greatly benefit the higher HP cars

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/22/23 10:30 a.m.

One other thing.

I have been looking for a mod for the server.  The mod makes lap cars so they become transparent and cars on the lead lap will pass through them.  I swear I saw the plug in when I was looking at the server software when I was setting it up and deciding what software I was going to use but I can not find it.  It would not cure everything but it would help with things.

If anyone sees it or knows where I can download it from PLEASE let me know!!!

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
3/22/23 10:36 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Yikes!  How many extra kg/lbs are you carrying?

That mod for the lapped cars would be awesome... 

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
3/22/23 10:45 a.m.

Dean - I don't see the Miata in the google docs... and where can we find the link to the '2nd server'?  Is that the 'GRM-Test' server?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/22/23 1:30 p.m.

As noted previously, I will be out tonight, so someone please get the full replays and upload them to the drive ( Transfer folder ).

At this point, Sauce is a lock for the Championship.  Even if he does not run or finishes last, he effectively gets 3 points since he still has a 3 point drop, (which will not be deducted from his current points if he finishes with less than 3 points).

Colin and Gameboy are in a bit of a competition for 3rd, with Gameboy having a 2 HC advantage and Colin having a 2 point lead.  Kirby might even be able to disrupt Brad for 6th if he does really well tonight.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/22/23 2:02 p.m.
Rodan said:

Dean - I don't see the Miata in the google docs... and where can we find the link to the '2nd server'?  Is that the 'GRM-Test' server?

Miata on the server is the stock KS Miata included with the game.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
3/22/23 2:37 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

OK, I thought you were talking about the "GRM" Miata with the V6 swap.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/22/23 3:02 p.m.

I havent made one yet.  Maybe I can whip one up tonight after racing.

I really do want to get people to try the stupid Race Wars E30 though.  Its so dumb.  I love it.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/22/23 3:20 p.m.
Rodan said:

Dean - Is that the 'GRM-Test' server?

Yes. That is the server. Same password as the main server.  

Oh and make sure you change the tires on the Miata. The streets are fun but the option set is much more like an R comp tire. 

As for a v6 we can edit the power file and change the engin sound and it would be very close.  If you want to get really close adjust the weight and weight bias and you have a V6 Miata.  

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/22/23 3:29 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

I really do want to get people to try the stupid Race Wars E30 though.  Its so dumb.  I love it.

This is a total Hooning mobile.  It would make for a fun one off race!!   

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
3/22/23 4:11 p.m.
dean1484 said:

Yes. That is the server. Same password as the main server.  

OK, I couldn't find it searching in Content Manager...  I'll get the info from you tonight.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/22/23 11:51 p.m.

Congratulations to Sauce for the Season Win!!!

Great Night of racing tonight and the field continues to grow!!!  Thanks to everyone that showed up!!

Next week will be NA Miata's we will run the usual schedule.  We will have a couple of weeks of trying some different cars.  Everyone should go to the Testing directory in Google drive and pull down the cars posted there.

I will run things at kunos Tracks at least for next week so no track downloads are needed.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/22/23 11:56 p.m.

@ Aircooled

Look in the Admin chat on discord  

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
3/23/23 11:39 a.m.

I was pretty disappointed with my race last night, no one's fault but my own.  The car felt completely different on this track vs last week.  It just kept plowing.  Trying to get balance,  all I was success in doing was going from push to snap oversteer.  Just before the first race, I just went back to the setup from last week and tried to suffer with the plowing.  That didn't go well.  After a few laps, I started over driving and cooking my tires.  At that point, my race was over.  I think I spun like 4 times.

Second race, I blindly loaded Kirby's setup.  It was a ton better.  The car would actually turn.  The only trick was that you had to be mindful on the throttle coming out of some of the slower corners.  I was running a competitive 4th/5th for the first half of the race.  Got distracted when Rodan came screaming up behind me, had an off and he went on by.  So, I compensated by driving harder, and screwing up more.  Had a couple offs and ended up basically where I started.  Meh.

I'm going to get on Discord with you over the next couple weeks, but I'm going to focus on learning the OLOA23 tracks.  It's only about 6 weeks away, and the only track I actually know on it is Road Atlanta.  Hallet is back again, so I have some idea where that track goes, but the rest are completely new for me.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/23/23 2:23 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

If people don't mind we could run those tracks with the Miata. We could add the Brad Mini to the test folder as well. 

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
3/23/23 2:34 p.m.

I would be up for running the One Lap tracks.  That could be very cool.

My race last night started  out pretty well.  I was running a strong 3rd in the first race and had a great 3 lap battle with Dean.  Then I dropped a wheel exiting onto the old pit straight and ended up 6th.  2nd Race was miserable.  Got spun or spun, who knows and dropped to the back, then pushed too hard trying to catch up and missed the points by finishing 8th.  Still lots of fun. 

MKirby

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AOqSIN9OxKcbMzYZuxH3PZMmOyGB2ni9LnBOZV16CnZF1FFclry5nPvVwbeXspm0