kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
12/25/18 12:48 p.m.

I'll start with my contribution:  Superhot for the PS VR.  It's a hard game to describe.  It's basically a weird mix of puzzle game and first person shooter.  You basically get scenarios were you have to defeat multiple attackers with a mix of punches, thrown objects and gunfire.  You can pull a "Neo" and slow down time to plan your next move.  The graphics are very simplistic and I don't fully understand the underlying premise of the game, but it's ridiculously fun.

It's also one of the few PS VR games that doesn't make me sick.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/25/18 6:16 p.m.

Beseige!

It's a sandbox builder with a medieval flair. Thought it might be worth 5 bucks. Was worth way more. 

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
12/25/18 7:00 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

That was a free game on Xbox earlier this year. I didn't like it, but I was thinking to myself it could work in VR. Good to have some conformation there. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
12/25/18 8:23 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Yeah, can't see myself enjoying it without VR and move controllers.  

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
12/25/18 8:41 p.m.

I didn’t expect to like Overwatch, but it’s actually pretty fun.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
12/25/18 8:41 p.m.

"N Game" or just "N". Fun little ninja game with simple controls but requires a ton of finesse to pass all the levels. And its free.

http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/n.html

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/2/19 5:52 p.m.

Plague Tale innocence

Days Gone

were two that I liked way more than I should have but the real surprise was

Detroit Become Human

There was something about this game. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
6/2/19 6:58 p.m.

one finger death punch

Seriously, its amazing, and you can likely pick it up for $1

johndej
johndej HalfDork
6/2/19 7:36 p.m.

Going back a few years, Portal one and two are both fantastic.

TenToeTurbo
TenToeTurbo Dork
6/2/19 7:53 p.m.

The entire Borderlands series. 

buenavides1
buenavides1 New Reader
6/2/19 8:08 p.m.

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt this game has been on my gaming shelves for 3 years now and just played it a couple of months ago. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/2/19 8:08 p.m.

Metro: exodus. I'm not an fps player. This was good. And hard. 

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
6/3/19 1:08 a.m.

Nier Automata
Cool aesthetics and a variety of gameplay modes set within a really compelling story line that raises existential questions about ethics and the meaning of life

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
6/3/19 6:16 a.m.

Risk of Rain 2

TopNoodles
TopNoodles New Reader
6/13/19 10:42 p.m.

In the PS2 days I was pretty hardcore about Gran Turismo 3. My grandma gave me Burnout Revenge as a gift. What's this, a game about crashing into other cars? Sounds dumb. Where's the strategy? Where's the skill? I shelved it for quite awhile before giving it a try.

Burnout Revenge is now in my top 3 racing video games. Gran Turismo is not.

Another one is the original Lego Star Wars. I tried the Demo at Wal Mart just for kicks. Bought the game immediately.

gencollon
gencollon New Reader
6/13/19 11:28 p.m.

I'm not a platformer. But Ori and the Blind forest is incredible.

Edit: I recently played SOMA. Add that to the list of games. Fascinating game.

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
6/13/19 11:57 p.m.

Still playing MOO2.

Just figured out a custom built race that seems to be a plague on the universe. 

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
8/2/19 6:54 p.m.

It's having a bit of a revival lately, but Minecraft. Playing couch co-op with my oldest kid has been a lot of fun. Trying to play it blond without too much help from the internet. It's like a create your own adventure game. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/2/19 8:20 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Terraria. 2d minecraft that someone looks way cooler than minecraft. I've played it on at least 3 platforms. Rico and I emptied a whole world one time. To see if we could. 

Antihero
Antihero SuperDork
8/2/19 8:56 p.m.

Recently,Cuphead.

It's hard as hell but the graphics are pretty cool as is the game play

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
8/6/19 12:02 p.m.

Surviving Mars. It is a city builder, based on Mars (surprise). I wasn't expecting much, Indy title, little to no fan fare, but holy Hell is it addicting. The "end game" is kind of weak, no real motivation to go huge colony building, but they added a lot of mysteries you can play through which really make it feel like a sci-fi choose your own adventure, that has kept repeatability high for me. 

AAZCD
AAZCD HalfDork
8/6/19 1:25 p.m.
BradLTL said:

It's having a bit of a revival lately, but Minecraft. Playing couch co-op with my oldest kid has been a lot of fun. Trying to play it blond without too much help from the internet. It's like a create your own adventure game. 

Before I played it I didn't see the point in Minecraft, especially after seeing some of the YouTube my grandkids watched featuring it. Then, I loaded it on a PC so my 7 yo grandson could play it here. I watched, He had questions. I figured out answers and solutions. Next thing I knew, I was playing Survival mode after he left and loving it. There's a lot more depth to the game than I expected; exploring, creating, building up villages and defending them. A great way to pass time when I want to avoid work and serious stuff.

dclafleur
dclafleur Reader
8/6/19 2:37 p.m.
Antihero said:

Recently,Cuphead.

I played that with my son, I thought as hard as it was he'd give up soon.  He stuck with it though, I've never seen him be so persistent about trying over and over again until we passed a level.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/6/19 2:39 p.m.
Antihero said:

Recently,Cuphead.

It's impossible. I mean, I know it's not, but I've almost broken more than one controller. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1zYl0SiSz3EGFRjxCoJEXMciWo3oPoPvOPxsTvddGW36xL6yjrbDd2TvzRWm4ZVy