TopNoodles
TopNoodles Reader
5/13/20 12:57 p.m.

Is there really no BeamNG topic on this forum?

More of a sandbox than a game, but the simulation is really fun and vehicle customization is ridiculous. Requires a controller if you want to do more than crash, and a NASA computer or at least something up to date.

https://www.beamng.com/

All the videos online are about crashing cars, but there's so much more to it.

I've been having a lot of fun building drag cars. The game has trans brake, adjustable rev limiter and two step built in. Building a stick shift drag car is a lot of fun.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
5/13/20 5:07 p.m.

it s fun to watch the videos of people playing around. it would be fun to screw around and after a little while just hulk smash. I have seen some demo derby videos also on the game which is cool to watch.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/21/22 11:02 a.m.

I picked this up this weekend and was screwing around in Multiplayer with a couple other people.  Its pretty hilarious.  The engine isn't buttery smooth like other games, but the customization, physics, etc. are amazing.

really with someone would build objective - based multiplayer into the game.  The sandbox part of it is fun, but it requires a lot of coordination.  Yesterday we were drag racing while towing campers and of course there were endless comical failures.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/21/22 1:34 p.m.

Ohhh I have this game.  I was going for altitude on some jumps the last time I messed with it. It is great fun!!!  

09Unwound
09Unwound None
12/3/22 1:53 p.m.

In reply to TopNoodles :I was hoping that some people on GRM play BeamNG. its such a good game. Trying to earn money to get a desktop. Sadly i play on a laptop. I don't know how though.

Vracer111
Vracer111 HalfDork
12/9/22 2:46 p.m.

I've known of it for a few years, but don't have a PC anymore. I will say watching a rally driver run on a rally stage map designed for it scared the everliving daylights out of me... LOL

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3e0YzQHBP8eVYzitWoS4MU8KvILgQtYUIiuixYjewg9jdotPO22Ibg6nrQKW87Ly