cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/1/21 5:37 p.m.

And don't tell me Gamestop!

I've been cleaning out the house and uncovered all my old games. It's mostly NES, N64, and PS2 stuff. None of it is super rare/valuable but there's enough of it that (according to pricecharting, at least) it adds up to real money. Has anyone had any success selling this kind of thing online? I could go through and list it all on Ebay but that sounds an awful lot like work. I do have systems to test all the games, so assuming I don't get distracted and just play them all, I can at least confirm that they work.

I know there are a few of you on here that collect this stuff so I'm also happy to send a list of what I have and see if anything is interesting as well.

Any other brilliant ideas?

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
2/1/21 5:45 p.m.

I don't do this a whole lot, but Amazon has, exactly once, offered me a very good, almost 100% of retail trade-in. It's a whole thing to find an item on there to trade.

Otherwise, eBay has been my go-to.

Following for better answers.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
2/1/21 6:01 p.m.

So, all of the kids that grew up with the original NES and Genesis are old enough to A) have kids of their own, B) be nostalgic, and C) have disposable income (mostly)

Due to A, B, and C used game stores that specialize in retro gaming have popped up all over the place.  This is my local favorite: https://www.retrovideogamestore.com/

I suggest you find two or three of those in your area and see what their offers are for whatever you're willing to sell.

mrhappy
mrhappy Dork
2/1/21 6:13 p.m.

Facebook and ebay are it for the most part.

Do you have a list of games?

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/1/21 7:10 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

So, all of the kids that grew up with the original NES and Genesis are old enough to A) have kids of their own, B) be nostalgic, and C) have disposable income (mostly)

Due to A, B, and C used game stores that specialize in retro gaming have popped up all over the place.  This is my local favorite: https://www.retrovideogamestore.com/

I suggest you find two or three of those in your area and see what their offers are for whatever you're willing to sell.

This is me, except I want to get rid of all the stuff that's cluttering my house. Good call on the game store, it looks like there are a few around.

Here's a list. "Values" listed are obviously not 100% accurate and not necessarily what I would expect to get.

Chrissmith
Chrissmith New Reader
2/28/22 4:08 a.m.

The funny thing about selling items, especially large collections all at once is that you will have to put in some work listing items, taking photos and being clear in your description. If you don't want to do that then pack it all into a box and toss it in storage or send it off to Goodwill.

ValentinHill
ValentinHill New Reader
5/8/22 9:21 a.m.

I sell games on Amazon most of the time. As for games, I always try to try something new, and if I used to play only offline games, now I like to play online Aristocrat Pokies, which I learned at https://pokiesman.com/aristocrat/ For many years while Aristocrat called strong interest among offline players, while his online offer has so far remained off the radar.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fCgyoZgSmc4v8fRlmcD9cU2XuolrvnucWsKXIPuvbIsDuAKkNu8djBZKHyeqxpAP