wake74
wake74 New Reader
11/4/18 10:30 p.m.

Just purchased RF2, as I could only find reference to Carolina Motorsports Park for RF2. Not the other software platforms. I was hoping to get some Sim time in before going to the track this weekend for an HPDE. Learning the real track is much easier when I've run the track virtually first.

CMP is not available in Steam workshop, but I have downloaded two different .rar files. I couldn't find package files, just the actual .mas files, etc. 

I put the uncompressed .rar files in : 
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\CMP_2012\CMP

That appears to follow the folder format from all the other tracks in the Locations folder.

However, when I load RF2, the tracks are not in the track list.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Glenn

adam525i
adam525i Reader
11/6/18 7:47 p.m.

Hi Glenn,

I just installed Rfactor 2 in the last month and went through the same process. It's a little different for this game but this video explains it well, if you've already figured out the steam workshop add on then just skip to 47 seconds in and it will explain how to do for external mods. You basically need to put the track folder into the packages folder and then install it through the launcher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmqYecCA-9o

Adam

Edit: Let me know which of the CMP downloads lines up better with the real thing so I can get it!

wake74
wake74 New Reader
11/6/18 8:15 p.m.

Adam,

Thanks for the response.  I was able to get an answer on another forum, and found the link to the full rcmp package file, which loaded fine in the launcher.  It will be interesting to see how it lines up.  The CMP track is "designed" not laser scanned.  My only other experience is Iracing, and it's not like driving around VIR in Iracing.  But at least, I'm learning whether I should turn left or right which will make the first session more productive.  It's an interesting track, and more complex than it initially appears.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pXCqmcRkkbkVDgMEXYVmA98HhBH7smXCcR2a1Abzal1TnAtMmMr8bg6cVTLfrxWT