Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/1/18 9:29 p.m.

Anyone else? It is fiendishly difficult, super stylish, and cheap in the xbox store. It took me an hour and a half to master what amounts to 90 seconds of gameplay. 

SkinnyG
SkinnyG SuperDork
1/1/18 11:38 p.m.

A student recommended it to me.  I watched some vids of it.

You're enjoying it?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/2/18 5:52 a.m.

It's amazing. Videos and pictures do not do it justice. The developer clearly put a lot of time and effort into getting the aesthetic right,  amd it shows. The difficulty alone makes any win rewarding, which is something that is getting to be more and more rare in gaming. I'd recommend it. 

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
1/2/18 8:54 a.m.

I played it once and loved it. It is quite difficult, but it’s fun. As mndsm said, the pictures do it no justice. The whole look of the game is awesome. To me, it plays like Contra, but modernized. Playing 2 player is a lot of fun.

I may have to download it.  

RevRico
RevRico UltraDork
1/3/18 12:18 p.m.

One of the most frustrating games I've ever played. By a lot. And I'm not even through either of the first levels it gives you access too.

I can tell this is going to be the cause of 24+ hour binge sessions though. I'm also intrigued/concerned about the multiplayer aspect. 

Feels good to be back in an old-school platformer again though, gotta work on my short term memory to get these patterns down. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/3/18 5:49 p.m.

It's im at 18% complete. It only gets worse. 

84FSP
84FSP Dork
1/3/18 7:35 p.m.

It vexed my son for 2hrs the other day at a friends place...  Looked good and like the soundtrack.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/3/18 9:25 p.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

My kid turned me on to it. He's 6, and je can actually play it. I started hearing more about it, seeing a lot of positive reviews, and it was on sale for 17 bucks. I can't eat out for that cash, and damned if I'm not usually less satisfied with the food. I really do enjoy the challenge given just how hand holding games have become. I've beaten everything I've gotten for 3 generations now. Nintendo, finishing a game was impossible. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
1/9/18 12:47 p.m.

I picked this up last week. I like it! I'm completely indoctrinated in hard-as-hell run and gun shooters, so taking to this one was not much of an issue. That said, this one is tough. It's tons of fun, and at least there's no one hit kills. Once you learn the stage's patterns, it's not that bad. 

The presentation is GREAT. I really like what they did with the art style, and it feels like it was somehow made in the 1930's. Very cool game!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/9/18 1:06 p.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito :

Yeah, I was never good at pattern Shooters. This one vexes me. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7xWAmCP2tp0cMv7ScyW8HAXPFz5G4OfYI1HX1SkPAcT37GSBauAi5aUVQWTrQDC9