sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
1/2/17 8:56 p.m.

I've recently acquired a driving force gt setup for use with gt6, I kinda hate it and find it very unrealistic in terms of any slip angle whatsoever. I like it very well when grip driving but the moment I get a little out of shape, the car becomes unrecoverable. What settings are people using (or is this thing hopeless)?

Thanks in advance.

failboat
failboat UberDork
1/3/17 8:28 a.m.

The ffb in GT6 drives me nuts when the car gets into a slide. You can't feel anything. I have a fanatec with a ton of adjustments you can make on the wheel, and I could never get it to feel right.

I think some has to do with the game itself. Does the suspension on the cars have any caster angle at all? Visually when turning the wheels it does not look like it, and at the wheel it does not feel like it either. On any other game I am accustomed to tweaking the alignment to be able to get the car to sort of self-steer into the slide and you only have to correct to adjust your direction or hold an angle, and in gt6 that feeling simply isn't there.

I thought maybe it was just my hardware not playing nice with the game

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
1/3/17 9:14 a.m.

The problem is the 900° wheel. You cannot physically turn the wheel fast enough to catch a car that's out of shape.

I have the older DF Pro that can be switched from 900° to 200°. It makes all the difference in the world. You can actually countersteer fast enough to catch slides, and I think the game feels more realistic in 200°. I'd rather use a controller than the 900° setting.

failboat
failboat UberDork
1/3/17 9:39 a.m.

I think its a problem with the game when you can make every other game feel great and get intuitive, useful feedback with 900 degrees, but not GT6

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
1/3/17 10:23 a.m.

Sweet

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
1/3/17 10:24 a.m.

Any settings that I can use to minimize the suckiness?

failboat
failboat UberDork
1/3/17 5:23 p.m.

Might want to take a look at the gtplanet.net forums for tips or settings for the game/wheel.

I didnt mean to sound discouraging, but for me I just got to the point where I wondered if my fanatec simply does not work as well with the game than a G25/7. It was downright frustrating to try and practice for weeks and not have a feel for sliding.

These days many seem to consider Assetto Corsa as one of the most realistic sims you can get your hands on, and its 10x easier to drift on AC than GT6.

All the long time GT series drifters seem to prefer GT5. I skipped that one because I didn't have a ps3 then, and now no more servers for it.

I know you didn't ask or mention drifting but if you're talking about slip angles and the car getting loose its a relevant reference point..

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/3/17 7:23 p.m.

There are also settings in the game for the wheel. Between adjusting those and decreasing the wheel lock I have my G27 set up so I get great feel and I can catch most slides.

I will have to look up my settings in the game and I will post them up.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/3/17 7:35 p.m.

Before I figured out the settings in the game and in the G27 it was horrible.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3x8ayeXYRYGhvF43ISS84H7DlbB5V8rmSCnVpkzneQkMQs5zyjavhNv6KYHFTEjw