Fugaku
Fugaku New Reader
5/30/20 2:08 p.m.

Wow, the default setup for Grp B in Australia was rough. I caused some damage during the shakedown, so I couldn't dial in my settings, but I was bouncing all over the place! I tried jacking the car up to max ride height, and stiffening the Fast Compression damping, as well as softening Rebound, and it made a huuuuuge difference. I went from bouncing all over the place causing some near misses, to being able to go much faster through the bumps without bottoming out.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
5/30/20 2:28 p.m.
Fugaku said:

Wow, the default setup for Grp B in Australia was rough. I caused some damage during the shakedown, so I couldn't dial in my settings, but I was bouncing all over the place! I tried jacking the car up to max ride height, and stiffening the Fast Compression damping, as well as softening Rebound, and it made a huuuuuge difference. I went from bouncing all over the place causing some near misses, to being able to go much faster through the bumps without bottoming out.

Yeah, I didn't tune at all so the first 3 stages were a pogo fest.  I copied a setup online for the last stage, which oddly suggested lowering the car, and it was much better.  I still might go back and play with it, because that seems weird.

fidelity101 (Forum Supporter)
fidelity101 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/3/20 1:11 p.m.

I just started a new rallybro championship - 3 stages, every 3 days 80% RWD categories. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
6/3/20 8:45 p.m.

You guys have gotten faster and I've gotten slower, crashed out last week and this week.  I think I peaked a month or two ago.

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 HalfDork
6/3/20 10:11 p.m.

I've crashed out the last 2 weeks.   REally I've been working on my MR2 more than anything else so I apologize I haven't been super active.   I've got 3 events in 4 weeks which is awesome but since I've broken the car twice already its been hectic.

Fugaku
Fugaku New Reader
6/10/20 10:42 p.m.

Dang, some of the guys in the rallybro championship are fast. I'm being gapped like it's nothing, haha. They seem to be consistent too, I don't think I've seen one of the leaders wipe out and let me snag the spot yet.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
6/27/20 3:36 p.m.

So today I "made" a mount for my shifter to work with my playseat challenge (I put a piece of plywood under the wheel to extend the shelf over).

I hopped in Dirt Rally 2 to do some testing.  Holy balls this game is much harder if you actually use the shifter/clutch to drive the manual trans cars.  The super tight ratios mean you are shifting constantly, especially if you drive something like the 320hp A class STi.  

One issue I have is missed shifts though.  There is zero feedback from the game if you are going to miss a shift, and if you do, you have to move the shifter back to neutral to reattempt, which is a bit counterintuitive.  Any suggestions for how to improve this?  I've heard some people move the clutch so that 50% travel = 100% engagement, which is more like a real car.

Fugaku
Fugaku New Reader
7/1/20 4:44 p.m.

I've been using the G27's H pattern shifter, but I never thought it was too bad with the shifting. Sometimes I miss, but usually it's because I've let off the clutch too soon. I just try again if that happens.

cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 New Reader
8/25/20 7:21 a.m.

I tried to use the links on page 1, and also tried searching the dirtrally2 page for the GRM club and kept coming up empty.  Are there updated names for the clubs that run currently?  I'd like to join a non-DLC club.

Also, what's the difference between the rallybro and regular series?  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
8/25/20 9:10 p.m.

Participation was waning recently, I wonder if they are just inactive :(

My participation dropped during this WFH business, I wonder if others have had the same issue.  Hope you are able to find something, its crazy fun.

9/11/20 11:20 a.m.

I just picked the controller back up, rallybro championship is live for the month of september now.  

Rallybro is mostly RWD cars and a lot of DLC content. I have been slacking on updating it recently as I haven't been playing but I've been winding down on some other projects and housework that will now allow me to play guilt free. There are several stage rally people in the rallybro series and a few others I still loose to and its a top 100 global time I put down lol. Once you get the hang of RWD its so much fun. 

9/25/20 3:17 p.m.

just finished another rallybro series, holy crap some new people are blazingly fast! New championship starts next week 

lxnm
lxnm Reader
9/27/20 4:32 p.m.

In reply to fidelity101 (Forum Supporter) :

Looking forward to it, the last event was pretty fun

9/29/20 3:58 p.m.

whoever georgeTD and dire-glazer are whooped me good. I might have caught 2nd place but 1st was way far out.  Usually sweden is my ace in the hole, especially rwd! Skogsrallyt is one of my favorite stages too. 

lxnm
lxnm Reader
9/30/20 6:18 a.m.

I'm georgetd on there, and I'd just finished another club event there (in class A, but I prefer RWD).  I only came in first on the night stage, but yall slowed down a lot for the darkness.  

9/30/20 8:31 a.m.

damn man, you were flyin! I had a few spins... normal lol

9/30/20 5:58 p.m.

https://dirtrally2.dirtgame.com/clubs/club/325746

(aka RALLYBRO)

New October championship is pending and starts 10/1/20!

Since there is a lot of actual rallies going on this month I tried to replicate them! 8 events and erratic service intervals, should be interesting!

1. Argentina: (Rally Turkey & a rough one... just occurred)
  2. New England: (100AW/Show me is this weekend)
  3. Poland: throw back to a mixed surface event perhaps?
  4. Wales: the weather seems appropriate... 
  5. Finland: sometimes LSPR has some big jumps!
  6. New England: NY Forest Rally
  7. Sweden: because LSPR can still snow!
  8. Germany: Plenty of Tarmac NASA 

have fun!

cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 New Reader
10/2/20 8:02 a.m.

I'm pretty new to dirt 2 and I'm hooked.  Just sent a club request yes

username is speedy_sloth1

lxnm
lxnm Reader
10/2/20 1:50 p.m.

Group B in Argentina is a bit of a work out, but I got my runs done.  Had a few woopsies on stage 3.  It'd be great to get more people in on the fun.  

10/5/20 3:58 p.m.

In reply to lxnm :

oh man I wish I had a quicker ratio it was a challenge, almost made it to the end though! fell off a cliff...

yeah the attendance is always an issue, I try and promote it on FB for the north american dirt rally2.0 page but most people just wanna do R2s or AWD cars, plus I run a lot of DLC which im not sure everyone has but honestly the game would suck without it. 

lxnm
lxnm Reader
10/6/20 7:11 a.m.

In reply to fidelity101 (Forum Supporter) :

Can't you quicken the ratio through settings or something?  I'm pretty new to this whole sim-racing thing, but that's what I did when I got the VR headset.  When I can't see my hands, I get the wheel all out of sorts if I don't keep my hands perfectly planted.  Means no hand over hand action.  Anyway, there was a configuration tool for the wheel (Thrustmaster), and it was easy to change.  

11/25/20 9:31 a.m.

I think so but that may be up to the controller I know the older cars have more lock to lock like they would in real life compared to an R5 so watch out for that too...

heads up but RALLYBRO is still alive and well, I have been doing month long championships with 3-4 stages per event, hardcore damage no assists and no random moments. 

I will be setting up for a December event soon. 

club#325746

12/8/20 3:15 p.m.

NOV event is over, I will begin a DEC event shortly. a few big names there and some growing popularity and definitly some fast drivers, we need you prodarwin! do it for GRM!

and by shortly, I mean right now!

nocones
nocones UltraDork
12/8/20 3:33 p.m.

I just got started in Dirt 2.0.   I will suck.  How do I join?  I just have 4 days to run the 4 stages right?  Then results occur at the end?

How do I get the download data that I need?

12/8/20 3:38 p.m.
nocones said:

I just got started in Dirt 2.0.   I will suck.  How do I join?  I just have 4 days to run the 4 stages right?  Then results occur at the end?

How do I get the download data that I need?

look up on the dirt 2.0 webpage for club# 325746 RALLYBRO

https://dirtrally2.dirtgame.com/clubs/find-club

you are correct, the 1st event in the month long championship you will have 4 days to finish the 4 stages. results are poor in this game and likely you need to check them online. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5qjxYuooIhSFjV0cnuntBEFi5EJMWLZF522vQVkqqmtWuLbbdNMIUq3QpbcB67If