RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
2/6/19 7:01 a.m.

I'm thinning for as much time as I spend gaming, it might be a good idea to start streaming. 

I mostly hunt achievements unless something special comes out then I play it to death. This seems different than most streamers who play the same game all the damn time.

Any tips for getting your channel noticed and maybe enough regular viewers to start seeing a little income?

I'd rather use twitch, but mixer is built right into Xbox so that makes it easier.

I'm coming to find out, I'm among the top 500k Xbox gamers in the world for overall gamer score and competition percentages. I feel like it's time I start getting something back for it more than free Xbox live and free Game Pass. 

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
2/18/19 3:55 p.m.

SEO is your friend.

The reason that most major streamers play the same game is that is where the found their audience. A few have the personality to grow beyond a single game.

I would recommend the “land and expand” approach if you really want to try and go pro with streaming. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/21/19 3:13 p.m.

Go look at the Youtuber "radbrad".  He has made it a full time job it looks like.  You can stream all you want but you need the personality to go along with it. Oh and try and keep the cussing to a minimum.  I have noticed that most popular and successful Youtuber people cuss adn when they do it is usually edited/bleeped out.

My suggestion is to start watching the successful people and take notes on what and how they do things.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W3n5pj2mUWdgrFtPEJ7VA9BzW2VHTC8HcItagEfGqzjJXw0b0rnoVTKigZAKw7MQ