Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
2/18/16 12:53 p.m.

Curie: "I believe we are supposed to file a police report, yes? And all the little things go in baggies for evidence?"

First time she said that, I cackled so hard my wife came to see what was so funny.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP New Reader
2/18/16 3:33 p.m.

Were does one find Curie?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
2/18/16 4:01 p.m.

VAULT 81. You have to do the Hole in the WAll sidequest

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
2/18/16 4:03 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Curie: "I believe we are supposed to file a police report, yes? And all the little things go in baggies for evidence?" First time she said that, I cackled so hard my wife came to see what was so funny.

First battle with her ended with "I think the fighting is done now, yes? Well, that was fun." I got a feeling I'm going to like her.

BTW, at Bunker Hill how bad is it if I kill EVERYONE and let the synths escape?

calteg
calteg Dork
2/18/16 4:16 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
Brett_Murphy wrote: Curie: "I believe we are supposed to file a police report, yes? And all the little things go in baggies for evidence?" First time she said that, I cackled so hard my wife came to see what was so funny.
First battle with her ended with "I think the fighting is done now, yes? Well, that was fun." I got a feeling I'm going to like her. BTW, at Bunker Hill how bad is it if I kill EVERYONE and let the synths escape?

Sub-optimal. There are a lot of traders there, and there's a pretty interesting side quest that gets initiated by a ghoul at Bunker Hill. Hopefully you didn't off him.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
2/18/16 4:33 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

That quest is a pain in the ass trying to avoid the permanent minus 10 HP.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
2/18/16 4:47 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer:

Which quest?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
2/18/16 5:24 p.m.
calteg wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:
First battle with her ended with "I think the fighting is done now, yes? Well, that was fun." I got a feeling I'm going to like her. BTW, at Bunker Hill how bad is it if I kill EVERYONE and let the synths escape?
Sub-optimal. There are a lot of traders there, and there's a pretty interesting side quest that gets initiated by a ghoul at Bunker Hill. Hopefully you didn't off him.

OK.... let me rephrase. I killed all the RR people, institute people and let the synths go. Already done the side quest at teh Cabot house.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
2/18/16 5:24 p.m.
WOW Really Paul? wrote: In reply to singleslammer: Which quest?

Battle for Bunker Hill

calteg
calteg Dork
2/18/16 6:07 p.m.

I think the quest Singleslammer is referencing is actually a Vault 81 quest. They do a terrible job of letting you know about the 10hp affliction. I didn't even know about it until after I completed the quest.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP New Reader
2/19/16 10:18 a.m.

I guess I need to go deeper into Vault 81. I'm sure it can't be THAT bad...

WOW Really Paul?
2/19/16 10:40 a.m.

In reply to calteg:

10hp affliction? I'm confused....is it a glitch or something.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
2/19/16 11:39 a.m.

In reply to WOW Really Paul?:

That is the right quest and it is an incurable illness if you give the boy the one dose of secrum you get from Curie. It wasn't a big deal for me in that play through as I was a distance, silent sniper. However, my current run is Melee and every point counts. I will just have to be using a lot of quick saves and not using any companions. ALSO, even if you have no companions and let the robot in there do some killing, you can still get it from him being attacked. That is likely a glitch.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
2/19/16 11:45 a.m.

98 hours and power. armor. everywhere.I'm finding power armor in placeswhere I've stashed them that I forgot about.

EDIT: also noticed something.... when I sell my mostly used up fusion cores to vendors and come back later to trade, they're now fully charged. Not sure if it's a glitch or I am getting lucky or it's supposed to be lke that but I don't care. Now have 91 fully charged fusion cores.

WOW Really Paul?
2/19/16 11:49 a.m.

In reply to singleslammer:

I'm fairly certain I never got said affliction.....Ill check closely tonight. I rolled through there with my maxed out x01mkVI and Cait in a t-60f set....I just sprayed explosive .45 the whole way through it. The targeting scanner for your helmet is a great benefit down there. Use spray 'n pray.

WOW Really Paul?
2/19/16 11:53 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: 98 hours and power. armor. everywhere.I'm finding power armor in placeswhere I've stashed them that I forgot about. EDIT: also noticed something.... when I sell my mostly used up fusion cores to vendors and come back later to trade, they're now fully charged. Not sure if it's a glitch or I am getting lucky or it's supposed to be lke that but I don't care. Now have 91 fully charged fusion cores.

Nah, they just restock their inventory. Try to catch all your fusion cores before being thrown away while running power armor. Save them and always sell the sub 50% ones off. I personally get about 50% of what the vendors want for fully charged ones. Last I noticed, I was over 500 cores.

chrispy
chrispy HalfDork
3/1/16 1:23 p.m.

My son and I recently got Fallout 4 for XB1. Kind of cool, we've taken different strategies to the game and have been sharing notes. Really fun game.

calteg
calteg Dork
3/1/16 2:05 p.m.

At nearly level 40, my melee build is finally coming into his own. Went toe-to-toe with a Deathclaw while wearing just a hazmat suit and survived...barely.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 SuperDork
3/2/16 7:15 a.m.

I did a demolition expert build, and it didn't work out so well. I never could find and make enough frag grenades for them to be my primary weapon. Frag mines only worked for melee enemies, of course.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
3/2/16 1:30 p.m.

Holy crap. I just found out who McCready is. Nice job Bethesda. Nice job.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
3/2/16 1:35 p.m.

I have one character at 70 and another (Melee) build at like 22. Such a fun game. So many little things that are fun to run across.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP New Reader
3/3/16 3:37 p.m.

My main seems to be glitched. I no longer get achievements or seem to reach 'pinnacles' with companions. Also I can't tell the dang cat to go home...

ncjay
ncjay Dork
3/17/16 4:19 p.m.

If it's possible to O.D. a video game, I think I did it. Took some time off, now back playing around mostly. Level 70 a few days ago. Goal is level 100. I think my game is also glitched. None of my companions stay with me anymore. Still so many areas I have not investigated.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
3/17/16 4:30 p.m.

I have been sprinkling in other games so as to reduce the chance of burnout. Little bit of Fallout:NV, lot of Warframe. Man that is a lot of fun for zero dollars. I am currently downloading Hitman: Contracts and the original Splintercell to give them a try too.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
3/17/16 5:40 p.m.

I finished my first play through. Level 78 and 121 hours. On my second play through and considering swithcing off to a different game as I'm back up to another 16 hours in...

Maybe I'll do that tomorrow morning. Slip in Battlefield and just shoot some E36 M3.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mHTZAADAeRexEhqCoJErAJvShYuplsISVQ7OEsYiskQBrTqB3Zrdl4GOPctCU0dV