1 2
stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
11/14/18 2:28 p.m.

As a die hard Fallout fan, I'm not sure how I feel about an MMO Fallout. Anybody buying or bought it? I might buy it but not for awhile.

Thoughts?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/14/18 2:30 p.m.

My wife has it ordered for my Christmas present. 

Im still trying to figure out how to get the expansion stuff for fallout 4 on xbone.....

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
11/14/18 2:43 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

If you haven't bought it already, wait till next week during the black Friday sale. Should just be able to buy and install, simple like. Add me/us on Xbox by the way man.

Gamer tag RevRico420

To the original post, I'm avoiding it like the plague until/if they make private sessions available. I hate playing with random people, let alone needing to rely on them to get things done. Which is a shame, because WV and the monsters there look amazing and I really would rather play this than 4 again. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/14/18 2:53 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Umm.....

How do i buy it? The main menu of the game wont let me click on any.

Im damn near a luddite...

RossD
RossD MegaDork
11/14/18 2:58 p.m.

I think I bought it on Amazon. I think it gives you code to enter. Then it will let you download it. And then you can click on it.

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
11/15/18 6:57 a.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

In reply to RevRico :

Umm.....

How do i buy it? The main menu of the game wont let me click on any.

Im damn near a luddite...

It'll be on sale in the xbox store next week. The season pass with all the expansions will be $16.99 in the xbox store. 

From the xbox home screen, hit right bumper 4 times to get to the store tab, press Y to search, and punch in fallout, then select season pass.

Once purchased and installed, the missions will pop-up on the in game radio around the map, and the fabricator expansion will be available at your bases in construction mode.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/15/18 7:15 a.m.

Sweet!!!!!

Thanks revrico. You just made this seem simple. Anything special i need to know about xbox store? And will definitely wait until next week when its on sale. I like to be cheap.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/15/18 7:20 a.m.

I have to wait for my birthday (the 3rd) to buy it for hte PS4. I'm stoked. Been watching Oxhorn's beta playthrough and the game looks amazing. He's a single player type person and is doing all sorts of fun stuff. The map looks hugenormous as well. 

chrispy
chrispy HalfDork
11/15/18 9:18 a.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

If you haven't bought it already, wait till next week during the black Friday sale. Should just be able to buy and install, simple like. Add me/us on Xbox by the way man.

Gamer tag RevRico420

To the original post, I'm avoiding it like the plague until/if they make private sessions available. I hate playing with random people, let alone needing to rely on them to get things done. Which is a shame, because WV and the monsters there look amazing and I really would rather play this than 4 again. 

My feelings too.  Thanks for the heads up about the sale.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/15/18 9:21 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Watch Oxhorn's youtube channel on this. He has been playing solely alone and its amazing. 

This has been my addiction for the last week.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
11/15/18 10:02 a.m.

I've been on the fence about this, but wanting to upgrade to an Xbox one X.

Buying the Fallout 76 bundle seems like a great way to kill two birds with one stone.  smiley

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/15/18 1:19 p.m.
chrispy said:
RevRico said:

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Gamer tag RevRico420

My feelings too.  Thanks for the heads up about the sale.

Guess I will buy it if all the E36 M3s are 17 bucks fo4 still isnt that cheap. 

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
11/21/18 12:30 a.m.

I've been playing it solo because it's fallout and that's how it's done.

If someone wanted to organize a regular team game for like 4 people I'd be interested in that.l

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
11/21/18 12:52 a.m.

And I'm a hypocrite. Getting an Xbox one X during the black Friday sale and it's coming with this. So sometime between now and Xmas (it's a present after all) I'll be online checking it out.

I've been hearing a lot a lot of complaints about storage space in game. This concerns me as a fallout hoarder, but supposedly, they're working on it. 

AClockworkGarage
11/21/18 7:49 p.m.

You get 400lbs of 'stash' and whatever you can carry.

AAZCD
AAZCD Reader
11/21/18 9:43 p.m.

I am 'old' and played text based games on a mainframe computer before there were PCs. I played Fallout and Fallout 2 when they were current games (I just realized Fallout 2 was TWENTY years ago). I waited years for Fallout 3 as the publisher, Interplay/Black Isle fell apart financially. Instead of Fallout 3, the next release was 'Fallout Tactics', a buggy, cobbled together, recycle of some of the remaining assets. A big disappointment. That's how I feel about F76 right now after reading reviews and seeing gameplay on YouTube. I want it to be successful, but I'm already hoping the next title in the franchise takes a big step in another direction.

I just started replaying Fallout 4 and will probably go back to modded NV and Fallout 3 before I get into '76. Do any of you long-time Fallout fans really like '76?

RossD
RossD MegaDork
11/22/18 7:21 a.m.

I just read IGN's review. I think I will hold my money until it gets some major updates. I have already went through the No Mans Sky debacle and now I own a ever expanding game. I hope FO76 can do the same. 

AClockworkGarage
11/22/18 4:19 p.m.

I'm a fallout fan like nobody's business. I own a friggin vault suit....

76 is a bit of a disappointment. Private servers would go a ong way but it's kind of crap getting a quest on a terminal to go find someone (spoiler alert: they're dead... everyone's dead) and then coming back and waiting in line behind xXatomicmonkeyXx and TeAbAgGz69 for your turn to complete the quest. Sort of ruins the immersion.

Like I said before, loading up with a group of about 4 player and slogging through a FO4 style story in co-op would have been a much better game IMO.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
11/22/18 4:31 p.m.

Reviews are all over the board. I’m on a couple Fallout Discord servers and the general consensus is that people like it. 

I’ve watched several negative reviews on YouTube and most of them are the same, which is they gave their review off the BETA and not the updated game after the BETA. People bitch that the game is buggy. ALL Bethesda games are buggy. 

That being said, if you want hardcore Fallout people to give realistic reviews on 76, go with Oxhorn, Final Render or Cordless VII. 

IT IS NOT FALLOUT 5. It never was meant to be and they have made that clear, though people seem to still think it is. It’s basically Fallout 4 Multiplayer that takes place on a new map.

I’m planning on buying it for Christmas, most likely it will have all the important updates by then. 

AClockworkGarage
11/22/18 5:10 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid said:

IT IS NOT FALLOUT 5. It never was meant to be and they have made that clear, though people seem to still think it is. It’s basically Fallout 4 Multiplayer that takes place on a new map.

It's a lot like E.S.O. It's the answer to a question that nobody asked.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
11/22/18 8:00 p.m.
AClockworkGarage said:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid said:

It's a lot like E.S.O. It's the answer to a question that nobody asked.

Thats what I was afraid of. But to be honest, I havent played that either, and I have been playing since Daggerfall. I want Fallout 5 and Elder Scrolls 6. I am going to watch a bunch of game play and re-evaluate my opinion after a bit.

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
11/24/18 12:58 a.m.

2 hours in. I'm level 7. I've had 2 hard crashes, an invisible pip boy, and already don't like the eating and drinking.

I'll give it a full 24 hours of play to judge, but it's not off to a promising start.

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
11/24/18 12:54 p.m.
RevRico said:

2 hours in. I'm level 7. I've had 2 hard crashes, an invisible pip boy, and already don't like the eating and drinking.

I'll give it a full 24 hours of play to judge, but it's not off to a promising start.

I put in 2 more hours today and I'm done for now. I really want to like this, but even playing on an Xbox One X, it's not good. Slowdowns, full on freezes, invisible pip boys and even my full character, enemies literally popping in from nowhere. 

I know they cheated BAD with the BETA testing, but I can't believe even Bethesda thought this was ready to be released. I'm used to bugs and glitches from them, especially at launch, but it's almost like they tried to make this especially buggy. 

I really want to like this. The WV lore screams fallout, the map is enormous, but the engine is really really showing its age and that MP was forced to work with it. 

Speaking of MP, that's at least better than I expected so far. I've seen some other people, but have had no real interactions other than waiting to use some equipment. 

Hopefully they get a couple more patches put together soon. 

tedroach
tedroach Reader
11/25/18 8:39 a.m.

I played this for about 4 hours over the weekend and luckily did not encounter any bugs (PC version). I only got disconnected from the server once. The game is a lot more fun with friends in a group. If anyone wants to add me as a friend just search for tedroach. <--- creative, I know. 

tedroach
tedroach Reader
11/25/18 8:40 a.m.

And the game is on sale today on Amazon for $35.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
drQ9aoJpuBwPwwoHkvoTRzWA1ECTXHMtHHlik853qdPz17oqXOuq7YuCuWSZnuUK