1 2
racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
10/5/18 9:23 a.m.

Because it costs them server space.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
12/5/18 8:45 a.m.

Pretty significant update yesterday.  And the BMW M8 GTE car is fun.!

rico750sxi_2
rico750sxi_2 New Reader
1/6/19 8:41 a.m.

Do you guys play on PC or XB1? I was playing on PC but can no longer get the game to load. Start screen comes up then it crashes and returns to desktop. 

Googled it and tried one fix I read but that didn’t help, any ideas? Thanks. 

Update: I fixed it by trying another google suggestion which was to go to the Microsoft App Store and begin downloading any free app. Cancel the download and somehow this fixes the issue with FM7 not starting. I’ll be damned that it worked. 

Sharing just in case anyone else runs into this. 

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
1/15/19 2:20 p.m.

I have started playing this game.  The main complaint I have is in regards to the wheel setup.  I am using a G920 (G29) and it takes a lot of setup work to get it function close to acceptable.  I am still working on it.  When I run the older rFactor (which I have been league racing for years), the wheel response is much better in my mind.  

Graphics are great, Lots of car choice, bordering on TOO much choice, Yes I said it.  

I don't have an xbox, so I am running it on my PC,  so if the wheel feedback and response is different on an xbox, that would be good to know.  

I have run online, career mode and single player, pic a track.  

It may just take time.  

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
1/26/19 11:02 a.m.

I've been playing F7 for a few weeks now on my newly rejuvenated Fanatec setup, and I find it to be hugely frustrating.

The campaign mode is ridiculous, with starting 12/24 on a 2-3 lap race.  With the stupid AI behavior, there's simply no way to pass clean and catch the leader.  It's beyond me why they've never included a qualifying structure.  Also, the restrictions on cars is irritating as well.   A Miata can't run in "Sport Compact" because it's a "Sport Compact Icon"...  reallyangry

One of the main reasons I bought F7 was to get the Camaro ZL1 so I can dial in the feel and get my wife some sim time.  This worked really well for her on F4 learning Laguna Seca before we ran there with our Miata.  In F7, the ZL1 has a wildly exaggerated reflection on the inside of the windshield that is severe enough you can't see the track.  The actual car is nowhere near that bad.  I understand going for realism, but making the car almost undriveable as a result is stupid.

Anyone else find the lack of traction in rain a little ridiculous?  I haven't done ice racing since GT2...  And it's really nice when the leader AI car is running dry lap times...

It looks great, and the dry physics seem pretty good, but the game experience is nowhere near as enjoyable as F4...

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
2/6/19 1:18 p.m.

I have to agree.  The interior reflections are a PITA, plus you cannot turn them right off, which is what I would do.  The traction in the rain is pretty pathetic and other than the game having a nice graphics to watch, the time it has taken me to get my Logitec wheel anywhere near what it is in rFactor has been close to hair ripping.  

What I have found is, the faster cars, higher classes are easier to drive than the lower tier cars.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DVjyQKw3zZR3MZLjoq81c5txA15QraXtwMv8GJVNrxyylsHTxN05U37Uyh47IYC4