iborg
iborg New Reader
2/16/18 11:16 a.m.

I have a Fanatec Forza CSL which worked wonderfully with the 360. With M$ changes to the XBox None, the wheel is obsolete on that system. I'd like to get back into sim racing and have considered either buying a used 360 for Forza 4 or a PS4. I'd go the PS4 if I can play current games (recommendations please) and use the CSL. Trying to find web information has been a bit of a challenge. I've been away from this for so long the previous forums I went to aren't around anymore.

Thanks,

Mike

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/16/18 6:04 p.m.

Well we have a group her playing project cars 2. I just joined them for the first time last Wednesday. PC2 is a sim not really a game so it can be a bit frustrating.  But because it is a sim it is what makes it so good. 

As for your wheel you first have to see if it works with the PS4. If not Allaircooled found a neat device that seemed to make most wheels work with the ps4 but I think you need a second controller but even with that cost you are way under the cost of a new g29. 

The other thing is I think wheels on ps4 also have to be supported by the game. So even if your wheel worked with the ps4 there is no guarantee that it will work with all gams/sims. The devise noted above I think it makes the wheel look like another controller and that is how it gets around the game compatibility. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/16/18 6:24 p.m.

I think some of the Fantecs will work with the PS4, but likely need a firmware update (maybe only the newer ones?).  Argo uses a Fantec on PS4, perhaps he has a bit more knowledge.

I believe Argo had to use the Gamehub adapter for his older Fantec.  That's about $80, and you will need a genuine PS controller to plug into it (and cannot be used), so another (generic is fine) controller is needed. So it will be a good $125 for the set.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/17/18 8:22 a.m.

$125 is still way less than what a G29 is going for with out the shifter. 

iborg
iborg New Reader
2/17/18 10:01 a.m.

Now I need to figure out the right used PS4 and the right games. Maybe I can join the fun in a couple of months.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SxIMTAVstsVCO1NPUTHJv44GBURIE4mB67njRbOdApPYuZiiVGkxeIWXS2q5StIT