failboat
failboat UberDork
4/10/19 10:11 p.m.

I need to learn how to awd. I have zero tunes or drifting technique. 

No problem for unranked I just drop out and join again in a rwd lobby.  Ranked, thats a paddlin.

Why cant they keep the awd and rwd separate. #driftsnob

Anyways. Many much needed wheel spacers. Like the fox body heart

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/11/19 4:26 a.m.

In reply to failboat :

I have a few tunes out there to work with, if you need a baseline. 

failboat
failboat UberDork
4/11/19 5:57 a.m.

What I think i need to try is adding awd to one of my best rwd tunes, and adjusting from there. In the ranked lobby a majority of the drivers were in awd swapped formula d cars.

I tried with a bone stock gymkhana focus but it was not really fun lol

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
4/11/19 7:27 a.m.

My awd Vandura is pretty good for drifting. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/11/19 9:05 a.m.

So the '59 Bubbletop might be my new favorite berk around  drift car.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/11/19 10:42 a.m.

Ok when did they sneak SUV wheel downsizing past me? And why can't I put 15s on my NB if we can do that? And how did you miss the E36 when you were dealing out wheel spacers?

failboat
failboat UberDork
4/11/19 11:58 a.m.

I have some pretty nice rwd tunes for the 57 chevy and the woody ford wagon. Which need to be updated because wheel spacers. Plus they're cult classics so they are low as E36 M3 and are often scraping going over bumps. 

Well with this crown vic a prize for 80% festival playlist, is not actually being in a club a setback? Is certain festival progress tied to club events? May need to join GRM again because I will be grinding. 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
4/11/19 12:00 p.m.

In reply to failboat :

You can do everything but "the trial" solo, so it's not a big deal if you aren't in a group.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/11/19 1:04 p.m.
failboat said:

I have some pretty nice rwd tunes for the 57 chevy and the woody ford wagon. Which need to be updated because wheel spacers. Plus they're cult classics so they are low as E36 M3 and are often scraping going over bumps. 

Well with this crown vic a prize for 80% festival playlist, is not actually being in a club a setback? Is certain festival progress tied to club events? May need to join GRM again because I will be grinding. 

It was, before drift adventure. Team adventure is a lot better with a club formed. Drift its every man for himself, and that's where I'll be. berkeley road racing supers. 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
4/11/19 1:15 p.m.

This weeks event breakdowns

s900 Rally Monsters championship

C600 Abarth 124 Trial street races (oh joy)

A800 Buggies for playground games

S900 Mercedes road races championship

A800 Classic Sports cars championship

I just ran my first A RWD event. Wow do I suck there. I don't even think it's the cars fault, I'm just bad at fast and sideways RWD

Oh an the weekly challenge is the $3million Ferrari F40 Competizione

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/11/19 1:29 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Currently auctioning off a lot of my E36 M3 to try to raise 3 mil.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
4/11/19 1:31 p.m.

Don't bother, you'll get enough wheelspins and supers to get you there. 

Although I'm having a ridiculous time beating the seasonal speed zone for an extra super. 

failboat
failboat UberDork
4/11/19 1:40 p.m.

getting a comfortable tune that works for you is huge for drifting. 

I had 2 similar spec cars (same power level and tires basically) and one I am consistently battling and often winning 1st place in unranked.

Next round, same group of friends with a different car with a not so great tune, I could barely stay mid pack. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/11/19 2:38 p.m.
failboat said:

getting a comfortable tune that works for you is huge for drifting. 

I had 2 similar spec cars (same power level and tires basically) and one I am consistently battling and often winning 1st place in unranked.

Next round, same group of friends with a different car with a not so great tune, I could barely stay mid pack. 

That's the big trick. Rwd, I have two cars. That e34 I posted with the lv paint, and one of the formula drift cars. Awd, I have.. several. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/11/19 5:49 p.m.

I have a bunch of RWD cars because that's what I like driving. I was fighting for a long time trying to beat tom and rico's scores with a RWD car before I realized they were running AWD.

Mike
Mike SuperDork
4/11/19 11:09 p.m.

Got the X-Class. Out of the box, it pushes pretty badly. I'm going to play with the tune to see if I can get it to turn.

failboat
failboat UberDork
4/12/19 9:37 a.m.

I got a few AWD cars tuned up I thought pretty well but the ranked lobbies proved me wrong. I think I am trying too hard to get them to drive and feel like a RWD car and I am missing out on massive AWD drift angles. Back to the drawing board. I was advised to just AWD swap the Formula D viper. 

Will these ranked matches eventually (when i get past the first 9 rounds) count towards any of the festival playlist or seasonal crap or is it more just a leaderboard battle? 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
4/12/19 10:22 a.m.

In reply to failboat :

Once you qualify, it's done for the season, then your just climbing the leader board for garbage prizes and wheel spins.

With AWD, I drag the parking brakes. A lot. And that's what is messing up my rwd attempts I think. But being able to claw along with the front wheels really pushes the angles to big scores. 

failboat
failboat UberDork
4/12/19 12:07 p.m.

I think chasing leaderboards is just going to get me angry. I was angry last night. Everything was "berkeleying bullE36 M3" lol

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/12/19 2:13 p.m.
failboat said:

I think chasing leaderboards is just going to get me angry. I was angry last night. Everything was "berkeleying bullE36 M3" lol

You should hear me during playground games. Motherberkeleying cheaters. All of them. 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
4/12/19 8:21 p.m.

So there may be something to that viper, but damned if I can find a tune or any settings I can actually drive the thing with

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/12/19 9:05 p.m.
RevRico said:

So there may be something to that viper, but damned if I can find a tune or any settings I can actually drive the thing with

I still think I can beat it. Also, I have no idea how to drive it either. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/13/19 2:12 a.m.

The Metro 6R4 I built for the rally monster seasonal is unreasonably sketchy. Like 170mph downhill sweepers on 2 wheels sketchy. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/13/19 6:08 a.m.
Daylan C said:

The Metro 6R4 I built for the rally monster seasonal is unreasonably sketchy. Like 170mph downhill sweepers on 2 wheels sketchy. 

The grc bug we won a few weeks back seems to be the magic bullet. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/13/19 6:27 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I got my wins with the confusing death trap i slapped together. Good enough for me.

How I've got everything done for this week but the adventure and the f40 mess. Still need to get my f40 for that. Like 50k short of buying one. Annoyingly I missed one on the auction house with a 2mil buyout by roughly 1 second.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kqONiLSvAZftjHKEJuFkFXVh5tDJgvJqyUPnzJ06JAusx3yWNex1TCiZd8JLeHIo