BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
4/13/19 6:39 a.m.

So, how much am I missing, not being online? Aside from not being able to 100% complete the seasons (which isn’t a big deal to me) is the online play actually any good?

Not that it matters, our internet wouldn’t support it. I’m just curious.

I did the classic racer championship in my 500pt Sprite “vintage racing” tune, bumped up to 501 to be in C class against all old Corvettes. It was a massacre in the corners.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/13/19 6:45 a.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

I play online with the guys from here, otherwise I'm solo pretty much all the time. So you're having basically the same experience as me most days.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/13/19 7:48 a.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to Mndsm :

I got my wins with the confusing death trap i slapped together. Good enough for me.

How I've got everything done for this week but the adventure and the f40 mess. Still need to get my f40 for that. Like 50k short of buying one. Annoyingly I missed one on the auction house with a 2mil buyout by roughly 1 second.

Turns out the f40 is a really good car. I bought one new, and it's my go to with a lot of stuff right now. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/13/19 7:49 a.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:

So, how much am I missing, not being online? Aside from not being able to 100% complete the seasons (which isn’t a big deal to me) is the online play actually any good?

Not that it matters, our internet wouldn’t support it. I’m just curious.

I did the classic racer championship in my 500pt Sprite “vintage racing” build, bumped up to 501 to be in C class against all old Corvettes. It was a massacre in the corners.

Depends. We race a lot of weird stuff. We also have the ability to help each other out with events and stuff. Most of the game can be played solo, however. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/13/19 2:18 p.m.

For the sports car seasonal i built an a class db4 and got greeted by a field full of db4s.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/13/19 5:56 p.m.

I ran it bone stock. Still all db4s. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/13/19 9:24 p.m.

Welp, drift adventure has one giant berkeleying problem. No convoys. I cant drift with anyone on purpose. 

failboat
failboat UberDork
4/14/19 5:25 a.m.

You can join unranked with a convoy. Still no collisions though

Yes that f40 is surprisingly good. It handles way better than the horizon edition lambo

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/14/19 7:46 a.m.
failboat said:

You can join unranked with a convoy. Still no collisions though

Yes that f40 is surprisingly good. It handles way better than the horizon edition lambo

But but but ranked. I want prizes!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/15/19 6:29 a.m.

Took my first outright drift adventure win last night. Perfect timing too- I was pissed ar having to do a 4th a class winter at ambleside , and threw the worst car I could possibly think of at it, under the assumption I was going to park and time out. Did one lap, ended up in the lead. Decided to keep going. I honestly have no idea what the setup even is on this car. 

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
4/15/19 12:43 p.m.

I've yet to figure out this drifting business. One of these days I'll get up super early to play with you guys. DST has been killer for that. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/15/19 2:17 p.m.
Jordan Rimpela said:

I've yet to figure out this drifting business. One of these days I'll get up super early to play with you guys. DST has been killer for that. 

It's the same as drift zones, but laps and checkpoints. 

failboat
failboat UberDork
4/15/19 8:30 p.m.

Is it just me or does the ranked drift adventure almost always end up AWD? I think out of the 6 rounds I have run I think they have all been AWD. 

I got 2nd place in A Class AWD rounds tonight with a slippery Ford Woody wagon. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/15/19 8:35 p.m.
failboat said:

Is it just me or does the ranked drift adventure almost always end up AWD? I think out of the 6 rounds I have run I think they have all been AWD. 

I got 2nd place in A Class AWD rounds tonight with a slippery Ford Woody wagon. 

I haven't seen a single s class drift adventure this week. All a class, about evenly split between awd and rwd, half of those winter+ berkeleying ambleside. The RNG for this thing sucks noodles 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/16/19 4:10 p.m.

this might be my best one yet. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/16/19 5:15 p.m.

podium finish against a field of cheater mustang's. I'll take it. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/16/19 5:15 p.m.

also, this.

failboat
failboat UberDork
4/17/19 7:16 a.m.

heck yeah 2 a class rwd ranked lobbies last night. I hit ranked status which was a nice bump to my festival progress, so glad to know it was worth my time. I have a whopping 2% to go to get 80% for the season. So glad its no longer 100% there always seems to be a race or two thats a pain in my ass. 

So it appears if you time out of the ranked races instead of straight quit, there's no penalty? I didn't get a notification about it. 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
4/17/19 7:33 a.m.
failboat said:

heck yeah 2 a class rwd ranked lobbies last night. I hit ranked status which was a nice bump to my festival progress, so glad to know it was worth my time. I have a whopping 2% to go to get 80% for the season. So glad its no longer 100% there always seems to be a race or two thats a pain in my ass. 

So it appears if you time out of the ranked races instead of straight quit, there's no penalty? I didn't get a notification about it. 

Man, you should really have tried with my account, 4 of those frustrating rwd sets in a row Friday. 

At least when you're doing your 10 to get ranked every month, if you time out, it counts as finished even though it doesn't add to the score right away. During actual competition, at least before drift adventure came, timing out at the very beginning was better than losing overall. Probably still works like that.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/17/19 7:35 a.m.

I see 3-4 cars drop pretty regularly in ranked, so I would guess it does. 

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
4/19/19 5:16 p.m.

WTF is up with the Showcase Remix?!?  I’ve got it on total noob setting, and I’m still five seconds back of first!

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/19/19 5:25 p.m.

In reply to racerfink :

I hit it 2nd try. Car is a bit sketchy though.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/19/19 9:10 p.m.

I don't understand why either of you had any problems. I didnt find it at all difficult. I ham fisted my first run, so I had to redo, but beyond that, it was simple to me. Maybe different settings? I had on abs and an auto.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/19/19 9:12 p.m.

Also, I built a cheatstang. I MIGHT be able to make it beat the viper, but the rainbow E36 M3show that is my 74 civic is still the jam. Vipers beware. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/22/19 8:57 a.m.

Til it's pretty damn infuriating trying to do playground games in an Evo with lots of turbo lag and a very tall 1st gear.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cihdAbNIN04trFrsB6c1JNNiiIRqD1PuEUoQmjIGhhDuqidTa9nmqMnM7sWkOTvU