Grizz
Grizz UberDork
12/16/19 5:11 p.m.

In reply to Mike924 :

There is

I didn't join them because I had a club already. Not that two guys with NOG next to their name because way too much borderlands 3 is much of a club.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/16/19 5:13 p.m.

You're always welcome. 

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
12/16/19 6:25 p.m.

Man the citroen 2cv is hilarious. You either get 3 liter racing v8 with twin turbos that makes 770hp and 400ish ftlbs of torque or you go with the 2 liter flat four rally engine and never put cams on it for 580something hp and 846 ftlbs of torque.

Neither one of them is actually good but they're both far more controllable than they have any business being.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/17/19 8:16 a.m.

Ok, I definitely have the eliminator figured out. We all start out in minis, and your start point seems totally arbitrary. You have two ways to upgrade your car, find one on the side of the road (best I've ever done is a ranger t6, which is apparently a tier 5 car) or win a battle race, which gives you the option to upgrade one tier from where you are (I traded the ranger for a stelvio, and promptly got my ass handed toe by a tier 9) stick with what you have, or go to level one. Periodically the size of the area shrinks. NOTE- if you are mid battle and the arena shrinks beyond your finish line, you still have to do the race. I lost one on that merit. Once it gets down to the last however many racers a final race is set up and first one there takes it all. I've seen people win with the lvl one mini and no kills by being in the right place at the right time. 

Now, that's all academic and I haven't been successful even a little, but the theory is there. 

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
12/17/19 9:01 a.m.

Looks like I have some work to do then.  I just got to Spring for the first time yesterday, I am hoping to get a bit further today.  When work is done, of course.  I am enjoying this game far more than I should be.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/17/19 10:34 a.m.

In reply to Mike924 :

Once spring is done, you should have your online wristband, which dumps you in with the rest of us freaks. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/17/19 6:39 p.m.

Talk of strategy- I got lucky when I started my first round and got into an sti, which is a level 4 car. I then took out one racer and got a ram trx, a level 5. Content in my vehicle choice, I hightailed it for the edge of the map. It seems as though the race will always end approximately center no matter where the shrink zone is. One it got to the final shrink, I immediately booked cookies west, because we were set pretty far east. Once the final race was called, I had a huge lead. I managed to hit two trees and roll twice, so I finished 5th. Got something like 30k influence, went up two levels. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
12/17/19 7:03 p.m.

I made it to the final last round by winning one head to head. Grabbing a Raptor and then avoiding everyone else until the final, at which point I finished 6th on clean run but had a bad starting position.

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
12/18/19 7:07 a.m.

I finished last night with 3000 Influence to go until the Spring season was finished.  I should be there today.  One of my last "Sprint" races I wound up arriving in the Jeep CJ5 so it was a slow sprint with other top heavy 4 wheel drive cars.  See you other FH4 guys in the summer season.  So much better than my current winter season here in Canada  LOL

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
12/18/19 10:47 a.m.

In reply to Mike924 :

My gamertag is Chadeux2 if you want to add me, I'm on fairly often.

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
12/18/19 11:44 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Great I will add you tonight.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/18/19 7:16 p.m.

i got lucky. Pulled a tier 7 959 safari out of the box, took down 3 people and ended up with a pro2 truck. I've also started to understand where they're going to drop the finish line, so i got a solid lead and won pretty easily. 

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
12/23/19 7:12 p.m.

Got my first Elimination win today.  Seems like if you play when all the kiddos are on, it’s EXTREMELY easy.

Mike
Mike SuperDork
12/24/19 6:11 p.m.

There are five cars in the shop now, all pretty high value.

Edit:

2017 Aston Martin DB11 preorder

1993 McLaren F1

1992 Bugatti EB110 Super Sport

2012 Ferrari 599XX Evolution

2011 Hot Wheels Bone Shaker.

Mike
Mike SuperDork
12/25/19 6:13 p.m.

Wrangler Unlimited Deberti Design is the free advent car today in the Forzathon shop. 

Mike
Mike SuperDork
12/29/19 11:48 a.m.

Free Mosler today.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/29/19 12:42 p.m.

Yep, just picked it up. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
12/31/19 1:16 p.m.

Playground games are boringly easy when you show up in a 520hp awd prepped Crown Vic and literally everybody else is in a stock C4.

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
1/2/20 8:22 a.m.

I'm getting better on this one.  My Fiat 124 is now a class B car I think.  Still can't drift to save my life, and the Eliminators are kicking my backside.  

Soon I will eliminate the competition.  LOL

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/2/20 1:13 p.m.

I still refuse to do playground games on the premise of berkeley that noise. 

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
1/9/20 12:28 p.m.

I finally got my first win in the Eliminator.  It was short lived as the next challenger must of had a friend and they took me out before I could eliminate 2 people.  LOL  

Mike
Mike SuperDork
1/20/20 5:11 p.m.

I made a livery. It's a very simple one, but I think it's effective.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
2/3/20 9:50 p.m.

Yeah, this one may be not for me. I've always built small cars out to higher performance index, and was successful with it.

I can't figure out how to escape driving exotics or trucks, and still advance my 'career' in this thing. Seems that it won't let me join a race if I'm not in the same "type" of vehicle in the races that would unlock online access (berkeleying exotics or trucks).

You won't see my used copy in the bargain bin at GameStop, because I collect console racing games..but it won't be in my console again anytime soon.  I feel that I did well with the week I spent with it, but..no. Just no.  

The weather stuff is good, though. That was fun.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
2/3/20 9:57 p.m.

In reply to friedgreencorrado :

Once you're out of the tutorial you can customize every single race on the map. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
2/3/20 11:08 p.m.

In reply to friedgreencorrado :

I did most of the career in a class pro touring cars because that's what i showed up in. I like bouncing around now though, but generally only used my S2 stuff for seasonals and forzathon. A class is the most fun in my worthless opinion.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1Ad6vs2Yy4CBW3w5iYbieESJGcZbok1rZCua5x3wmQkB25firRvrFKIsdDYHDGFK