LuxInterior
LuxInterior Reader
1/26/16 2:32 p.m.

I'm looking at picking up a steering wheel + pedal set for rfactor / LFS. I'm on a tight budget, So I'm thinking used Logitech Momo or Logitech Driving Force Gt. I'm hoping to keep this at less than $100.

The reviews I've found online seem to suggest that the Logitech Driving Force Gt is the way to go, but it's unclear how much futzing around it'll take to get the controls mapped on windows. Will this be a pain? Should I looks elsewhere?

Opinions? Any other wheels I should be considering?

failboat
failboat UberDork
1/26/16 2:37 p.m.

most of the pc compatible wheels have a profiler that you download that makes setup and recognition pretty easy.

I had a DFP for a while but never tried it on PC.

I have a fanatec now and its more or less plug and play on the pc. it recognizes it like a joystick with a ton of buttons. just program them in game. ive used it on LFS and NR2003 without issue.

As long as Logitech has been making PC compatible products I think setup should be just as easy. The driving force wheels are fine if you are on a budget, I just wanted a nicer xbox compatible wheel.

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
1/31/16 3:36 p.m.

I have never tried the Logitech Driving Force wheel, but I burned thru 4 or 5 Logitech Momo setups.

The Momo'' were always nice, until they had about 20 hours of use. THEN they would go to crap. Usually the pedals.

Finally got fed-up and got an ACT Labs setup off of Ebay. Much more enjoyable, and MUCH more reliable.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim UltimaDork
1/31/16 3:41 p.m.

My first wheel that I used with rFactor was a Microsoft Force Feedback steering wheel. Basic, does what it says on the tin. I know have an old Fanatec and the wheel itself is much better, oddly enough the pedals aren't. You can find those wheels on ebay pretty cheap.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy Reader
2/9/16 1:56 p.m.

Logitech Driving Force GT is it for a cheap wheel.

I have a Driving Force Pro and G25, both used for LFS. Mapping controls is really easy and there are good guides on what to do for in-game settings and Logitech Profiler settings. Can't go wrong.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AcrdZdXq0T2PsXfzE11wEPL7qL93p7TVdTr2A78V5QGT5okbxX6p3Z5PYVHB2Bnm