1 2 3
BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
3/19/20 9:54 a.m.

Welcome to the (un)official GRM - Project CARS2  series #10.

This is a 10 round Championship series hosted on the PlayStation4. Although highly competitive the main focus of the racing is fun clean racing. Because of this, rough driving is highly discouraged and often mocked. The Stewards will be watching.

The series will be run on **Wednesday nights at 9:00ET**.

The first race will be on: **April 1st, 2020**

PS+ is required to participate.

Rounds:

Each round will feature a different car and track challenge.  Generally the cars will increase in performance as the series progresses.

Rules:

• Races will be based on time as follows: Practice 60 minutes / Qualification 10 minutes / Race 60 minutes
  • A bonus point will be awarded for the fastest lap for the finisher off the podium (4th and lower)
  • Tuning will be disabled
  • Realistic Driving Aids
  • Fuel usage is set to Yes
  • Tire usage will be set to "Accelerated"
  • Damage will be visual only
  • Flag will be ON
  • Standing starts
  • Track Limit Penalties will be ON
  • Drive Through Penalties will be OFF
  • Ghost cars will be ON
  • Competitive Racing License will be ON
  • Time progression 2x

Championship Standings:

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
3/19/20 9:55 a.m.

Not making any promises, but if you have a car/track that you would like to have featured for a round let me know before I post the final schedule.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/19/20 4:08 p.m.

I was going to mention in addition to the 917k I also really like that 65(?) Lotus F1 car, just cuz it's so purty and makes fun sounds.

Argo1
Argo1 UltraDork
3/19/20 4:46 p.m.

Radical SR8 spec race.  No tuning.  Cockpit view only.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
3/20/20 7:18 a.m.
Argo1 said:

Radical SR8 spec race.  No tuning.  Cockpit view only.

This will be a no tuning series. Arrive and drive. Which could actually be more difficult. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/20/20 8:59 a.m.

Why cockpit view only?  

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
3/20/20 10:59 a.m.
dean1484 said:

Why cockpit view only?  

It's not going to be.  You can run whatever view you want.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/20/20 5:02 p.m.

Ohhh I am going to have to go look at some of the older race cars!!!  

Can we do some dirt stuff maybe?  Some Scandinavian flick type racing?  

Argo1
Argo1 UltraDork
3/20/20 9:38 p.m.
dean1484 said:

Why cockpit view only?  

Because race driver.  No arcade jockeys.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/20/20 11:19 p.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

I can not see in cockpit mode. Maybe I need to adjust somthing. 

Argo1
Argo1 UltraDork
3/21/20 8:13 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

With the open cockpit SR8, visibility is very good.  With some of the other closed cars, the A pillars make it challenging.  No matter the series, I always drive from cockpit mode.  It just makes it more real.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/21/20 9:15 a.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

I do as well. I found that you have to get your field of view set correctly and then in each car you can move the seat around to get the best view out of the car. It is a pain in some cars, but I like it to make it feel more realistic even if it may be slower. I do use the virtual rear view mirror in most cars because I usually cannot see the side mirrors in my normal view.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/21/20 10:40 a.m.

I am thinking lupo cup car. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/22/20 12:05 p.m.

This has potential. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/22/20 1:33 p.m.

7 gears means you don't run out on the front straight 

Argo1
Argo1 UltraDork
3/22/20 6:32 p.m.

What's the agenda for Wednesday?

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
3/22/20 9:52 p.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

I would say free practice is in order.  Not sure of TJ's status for one, and Brad usually gives more than a 2 day notice for the series.  I mean, this is arrive and drive, but some car/track combos can take more than a single practice session to fully figure out and we have no idea what's in the works.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/22/20 10:31 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

I'm here. Still stuck in my bedroom and office for the time being. Waiting for my test result to come back. Still not really sick in a meaningful way. Runny nose and a cough, but no fever or breathing issues. It started 3/12 and I've been in quarantine since 3/13. Not thinking I'll make it this Wednesday just because of the logistics of wearing a mask and gloves in an effort to not contaminate everyone else in the house.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
3/23/20 7:43 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt and Argo :

Yea, we'll have a few shorter races to test out some things. We can run the suggestions already posted or if anyone has something else they'd like to run, let me know. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/23/20 9:01 a.m.

The RXC Turbo is a fun car. In stock form it really is not bad. It will push out a bit in the slower corner but just add power as needed to counter that. In high high speed stuff the aero kicks in and it is reasonably  well balanced but ultimately the front gives up first. 

At Fugi it did not max out speed while on the front strait and kept accelerating even in 7th.  This car could potentially also be used at other larger high speed tracks

I tested with the AI at 100/20 and I was just able to take poll. At 20 the AI seems a lot less aggressive. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/23/20 5:10 p.m.

anyone around tonight?  

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
3/23/20 7:05 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I probably will be. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/24/20 12:54 a.m.

Matt

Saw you invite but my son had taken over the family room with birthday gifts so I could not get back on the PS4

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
3/24/20 3:30 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

It's all good, I didn't stay on too long anyway.  I did try the Radical, it's interesting for sure.  If we ran it I would request tuning to be allowed just so brake pressure could be changed, I was having a lot of lock up issues that I don't usually have with other non-ABS cars, though now that I think about it the road tires may be the culprit.  Regardless of the cause, I do want to try a room with tuning allowed and see if that helps the issue.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/25/20 4:47 p.m.

So Brad what is up for tonight? 

We tested the Turbo thing I suggested and come to the conclusion that a single race wold be "ok" but it does have some quirks that can be frustrating.

We also tested the Australian Super cars and those were fun but are very track dependent in terms of grip.

Are we starting off small and moving up to fast cars in the next series?

Anyway I am around tonight.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LYFRVgCXdijzZVs4e7oEVDBtFrsb0L4zOnC5IABxoXpPoqFRlbCgW1AyvAUvRYBa