T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/30/18 8:10 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

I've done 4 test races, 2 no stoppers and 2 one stoppers. After comparing the overall times, I've settled on my choice for tonight.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
5/30/18 9:38 a.m.

Its almost as if they knew we were running a weather event tonight...

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/30/18 10:07 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Strange, but that video does not show up for me if I go to youtube and go to Yorkie's channel. The latest insiders guide is episode 25. I can only find the video from your link. I see that it has zero comments and very low views, so I guess I am not the only one that can't see it the normal way.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
5/30/18 12:50 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Secretly, I'm Yorkie... don't tell anyone...

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
5/30/18 4:03 p.m.
BradLTL said:

In reply to T.J. :

Secretly, I'm Yorkie... don't tell anyone...

You hide your accent well. 

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
5/30/18 7:20 p.m.

And my internet has decided to go sideways.... hopefully it’ll be back up in a minute. indecision

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
5/31/18 8:13 a.m.

That was a fun race. I had optimized my setup for the wet but it made the car REALLY loose on entry in the dry. I found that on softs it wasn't so bad but on hards it could be an issue so I had planned to run softs to start before going to wets. Unfortunately I had my setup on automatic by weather and started the race on hards, which caught me out a bit. At the end of the back straight I used the braking point I use with softs which was a bit too late and I ended up looping it. TJ went by without issue but I was parked at the 2nd apex and as I was getting out of the way Argo also went past. From there it was trying to chase them down, Argo let me by without much fight and I was slowly catching TJ until I got loose again and dropped another couple seconds. 

Once the rain started I found that TJ was a bit faster in the first section but I was gaining a lot of time in the 2nd half, especially under braking on the back straight. Eventually he spun in T4 and I got by and from there it was trying to keep it clean, which I managed to do for the most part. I very nearly lost it on the 3rd to last lap when I had a mental lapse and took the dry line near the apex on the back straight but managed to keep it on the pavement. 

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
5/31/18 8:26 a.m.

Replay posted. I’ll work on points tonight. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/31/18 3:21 p.m.

I got in a good quali lap right at the buzzer. Faster than my previous best lap, then saw that I was still not close to Sauce's lap.  I had about 10 seconds of joy though before I realized what his time was. 

Fun race. It would've been more interesting if I could've avoided my multiple spins. Sauce was going to catch me, but I wonder if I could've stayed in front of him if I didn't start spinning out.  I think my good rainy lap times were not that far off his pace, I just had trouble stringing consistent laps together when I needed them. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/31/18 7:47 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Thanks for including the footage of air's barrel roll at then end. I LOLed. 

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
5/31/18 8:06 p.m.
T.J. said:

In reply to BradLTL :

Thanks for including the footage of air's barrel roll at then end. I LOLed. 

Yea, I missed it the first time around, had to go back and find it. I laughed pretty hard when it happened in the race too. 

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
5/31/18 9:16 p.m.

I didn't have much practice and didn't have the pace of TJ or Sauce.  I figured to try and run a mistake free race at a pace that would keep me on the track.  I wasn't going to worry about anyone else's race.  From my P3 starting position I was going to run the outside of turn one and, hopefully, stay out of trouble.  It worked out and I stayed in P3.  Shortly after, Sauce gifted me P2.  However, it wasn't long until he caught back up.  He was clearly faster so I just let him through and proceeded on my pace.  I timed the pit stop just right and maintained 3rd.   That's the way it stayed until the next to last lap.  I caught the puddle inside turn 4 with my front tire and did a slow half spin.  By the time I selected 1st gear and took off, the bot in 4th had gotten by.  With one lap to go that is how it finished.  ALMOST an error free race, if not a fast race.  I think that this is the first race I have finished with the front bumper still attached to the car. yes

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/31/18 10:37 p.m.

Yeah, not so error free for me.  I went with a more rear brake loose setup to try to make it a bit more fun in the rain.  That resulted in a number of spins in the dry.

I was not sure if I should slow down for Brad after t-boning him.  He DID essentially stop at the exit of the corner, so not much I could do really.  It was rather cool he was able to return the favor, and hit me hard enough to flip me all the way over (I still have not setup a reset button on my wheel, I need to do that).

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
5/31/18 11:09 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

For qualifying that was also faster than my previous best lap by the better part of a second.  When I saw your lap I knew it was possible for me to beat it, but wasn't sure if I could in the time frame or in the conditions.  Apparently conditions were favorable and I threw down a flier on my last lap, but don't think it was easy or expected.

As for the race, my plan was to stay ahead of you for precisely that reason: barring a mistake I was pretty sure I couldn't pass you in the dry and wasn't sure if I could pass you in the wet.  Aside from our mistakes our lap times were within a second of each other, and unless you're getting it all in one corner or section a time delta like that doesn't mean much.  Had you kept it clean it would have been a very interesting race.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/1/18 8:44 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

I think I got a 1:58.8 and you still beat me by almost 3/4 of a second. Did you have hards for qualli or just the race? 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/1/18 8:47 a.m.

Barcelona looks like a fun track that will be good for the Audi. I haven't driven the track yet. If Sauce runs the wrong tires again, maybe I'll have something for him. laugh

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/1/18 2:01 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Had softs on for qualifying, my race setup was on a different setup line. I think my best time in any session before that lap was in the high 1:58's.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
6/1/18 3:19 p.m.

I like the Barcelona circuit.  I liked it better before they changed the third sector a few years back.  It had a better flow then.  I ran a few laps with the Red Bull setup and it seems pretty close.  1:46.0 on full tanks after a few laps.  There should be more.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/1/18 4:11 p.m.

Looks like 1:46 is a good time. Aliens are running 1:43 laps or so. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/3/18 9:31 a.m.

Is Catalunya spanish for curbs of death?

Still trying to learn the track. So far I'm about 3-4 seconds off Argo's pace. 

I'm more Grosjean than Hamilton so far. 

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
6/3/18 5:29 p.m.

Ran some hot laps around Barcelona in the RSR.  It's fun but the direction changes reveal that it has body roll like a '39 Buick.  Going to need a bit of tuning.  Not as many tuning choices in the vintage cars.  Lap in the RSR is right at 2 flat.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/3/18 9:54 p.m.

Update version 1.6.00 is out. It is 3GB. Don't wait till Wed night to update. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/4/18 11:36 a.m.

Project CARS 2 - PS4 Update 1.6.0.0

Various improvements, fixes and optimisations.

Fixed occasional stability issues.
Improved usability of in-game tools.
Improved AI ability at various tracks.
Improved the penalty system.
Optimised tyre wear in wet conditions.
Optimisations to LiveTrack at various tracks.
Improved track-limit zones.
Other miscellaneous fixes.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/5/18 7:13 a.m.

I may be out this week. Younger son went to ER in ambulance yesterday evening then by helo to Chapel Hill. I had to do the trip by van. Arrived here about 4:30 this morning. Got a couple hours of sleep in a bedside chair. Not sure if we'll be back home tomorrow yet.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/5/18 7:16 a.m.

I did get some laps in the 46"s yesterday morning and did a practice race.  This is not the AI's best track. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VZR914XN6euWmiT539XW2g7A3o0TEbiM1RGP6coQFsw3GmlYErJJAeUvRYoOgyb0