Argo1 SuperDork
6/5/18 7:20 a.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Wow.  Is he OK?

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
6/5/18 7:32 a.m.
T.J. said:

Update version 1.6.00 is out. It is 3GB. Don't wait till Wed night to update. 

Wonder if it includes the DLC cars. I’m actually traveling until Wednesday night. I should be home in time, but we may want a plan B in the event I get delayed. 

Argo1
Argo1 UltraDork
6/5/18 2:32 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

No luck on the DLC cars.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/5/18 4:06 p.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

He seems good. He is hooked up to an EEG for 24 hrs. Hopefully we'll get to go home tomorrow. 

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
6/5/18 6:08 p.m.
Argo1 said:

In reply to BradLTL :

No luck on the DLC cars.

https://www.gtplanet.net/project-cars-2-spirit-of-le-mans-dlc-now-available/

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/5/18 7:13 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

I hope all goes well, that's definitely scary.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/5/18 8:48 p.m.

I ran a few laps tonight and am starting to get familiar with the track.  Right now I'm struggling to find a setup that really works here, it seems like each change I make just moves a problem to somewhere else on the course.  I managed a couple laps in the high 45's in race trim but those were definitely the exceptions.  I'm fairly confident with the right setup 44's are possible but right now consistency is more of a concern than outright lap time.

Argo1
Argo1 UltraDork
6/5/18 9:25 p.m.

Awesome cars in the DLC.  I don't know what I'm doing but I ripped off a 1:32 around Barcelona in the 919 on my fourth lap! Amazing aero grip.

BatsonWorkshop
BatsonWorkshop New Reader
6/6/18 7:06 a.m.

Trying to make it on tonight but will be with very little practice on a track I've never driven. So probably a repeat of red bull, bunch of offs and a last place finish lol. 

Launched the latest yacht a couple weeks ago and last 2 weeks have been a major push to finish everything in order to transfer ownership. Every time I'd sit down at home the decision was between Overtime from home, COD WW2, or PC2. O.T. or mindless COD WW2 usually won. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/6/18 12:06 p.m.

I'm definitely out tonight. Gotta stay another night at Chapel Hill.  Hopefully home tomorrow. 

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
6/6/18 7:29 p.m.

While not as important as TJ, my flight isn’t delayed. I won’t make it in time tonight. Push or alternate host?

Argo1
Argo1 UltraDork
6/6/18 9:41 p.m.

Tonight's race was postponed.  Sauce, Air,and I just raced a couple RSR test races.  All agreed that the Porsche is great fun.  It is also going to take some learning.  We ran our races against the whole Vintage GT-A group.  This made for a lot of interest and eye candy.  You could also learn where certain cars were faster and slower.  The RSR is quick in the turns and under braking.  Certainly not the fastest down the straight.  We should probably run with the AI turned up to 85 or 90 and just learn to drive better.  Otherwise they are pretty slow entering the turns.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/7/18 12:45 a.m.

The RSRs have the potential to be balls of fun.  If you can master them you can make them do some pretty crazy things. One quick tip. Move the brake to the rear a bit. As stock they will lock up the front tires.

Also, Dean, you are going to want to download the new content.  There is a car in there you are going to be very excited about.  No idea why it is in a LeMans pack,  but interesting addition.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/7/18 2:45 p.m.

I was wiped out last night.  I have been putting in 16 hour days since I was back from vacation last week.  I got home at 9:00 and could not do anything other than become the human couch potato.  

I am glad things were postponed.

TJ I hope everything is ok with your son!!!

I took a quick look at the DLC and there is a quite a diversity of content there.  Some older cars that have me excited!!!

Air, What car are you thinking I will like?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/7/18 3:54 p.m.

Hint:  It's under the Porsche section.... NOT what you would think of as a Le Mans car....

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/7/18 8:56 p.m.

The GTP car?  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/7/18 11:26 p.m.

Wow, you CAN’T be missing it.  It’s near the bottom. It ran in the 80’s.

Fun car to drive BTW.  If you run a class race, you end up running against BMW M1’s. It seems like it might be about as fast as the RSR, but I think it has a lot more power.

Argo1
Argo1 UltraDork
6/8/18 7:02 a.m.

Yes, Dean.  They added the 924 Carrera GTP just for you.

I had to change my avatar since I sold the Maserati.   Drove it for two years and sold it for $5K more than I paid for it.  Works for me.  New avatar is the Corvair shift knob.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/8/18 10:33 a.m.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/8/18 3:50 p.m.

Hummmmmm heavy and or underpowered but great brakes and really good handling IF you put it where it wants to be on the track.  That describes my 924s.  

I really need to take a slice out of my crazy life and put the new motor in my car.  I have built a 3.0L 8v supercharged Porsche motor for mine that is complete and needs to be installed. The motor is a bunch of parts from various motors that I cobbled together to come up with this thing.  I think the only thing I am missing is a new clutch as I don't think the OE one I have in it will take it.  It is going to be an interesting sleeper when I am done. Iwill probably have to take my open diff 951 trans and either put a quafe in it or spend the $$$$ and get a trans from a 951 or a 944s2 that ahs the limited slip and the cooler as I feer one wheel burn outs will be my biggest problem.    

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/8/18 4:07 p.m.

Apparently the 924 Carrera GTP is essentially a prototype of the 944.

I really like the handling of the car as stock, very Porsche like.  Comes out of corners great.  You REALLY need to adjust the gearing of you are not at LeMans though!

Because of the power of the RSR (which is less than the 924) we probably want to go with mostly small tracks.  They can be really fun in tight corners anyway.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/10/18 12:15 p.m.

Got home Thursday evening. Should be good to go for Wednesday night. This track is not one of AI's best nor mine, so we'll see how it goes. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/11/18 9:04 a.m.

I don't expect to have the raw pace at this track to challenge for the win, so am hoping for consistency and being able to string together decent laps. Took some downforce off the car to see how that worked and it seems to be a little bit faster which surprised me since there are several medium/high speed corners. Not sure if I will try any other changes at this point.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/11/18 10:21 a.m.

Don't feel bad I have not touched the game for 3 weeks

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/12/18 7:33 a.m.

Great running with Sauce and TJ last night. Got me back in the groove. I will be out tonight so hopefully last night knocked enough rust off so I can at least make 4th place a race tomorrow. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r43wOy45lwNDWtljM8sIkvBqVOvLpIrDr7KaRVSEbQ1gBoLKk5TdrKFB1nEZ7IuX