9 10 11 12 13
T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/22/19 10:14 a.m.

I am still working on my setup for this track. What I've found is if I set things so I can maximize the Schuemacher S's, it compromises turns 6, 7 and 10 with the car tending to push in those turns. If I tune to make the car feel better in 6,7&10, I have to lift more through the S's and lose some time heading into T10.

As typical for me at this track T1-T4 are difficult to get just right, but they collectively can make a lot of time difference on a lap.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/22/19 1:26 p.m.

Looks like tomorrow will be my last race for this series as I will be out of town for work for Hockenheim and LeMans. I was looking forward to learning Hockenheim and figured LeMans would be fun.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/22/19 2:27 p.m.
T.J. said:

Looks like tomorrow will be my last race for this series as I will be out of town for work for Hockenheim and LeMans. I was looking forward to learning Hockenheim and figured LeMans would be fun.

sad

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
1/22/19 5:13 p.m.
T.J. said:

Actually. I will be traveling for the final race as well. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/22/19 11:09 p.m.

Would you guys be able to make the last race if we bumped a week?  I don't care what week it is but if a postponement will give us better numbers, especially for the finale, then I'm for it.

As an aside, I may or may not make it for tomorrow.  One of my team members put in their notice so rather imminently I'll be doing both their job and mine, and have 7+ hours of meetings scheduled every day for the rest of the week to discuss a massive project that is is going from under my purview to my responsibility.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/22/19 11:25 p.m.

Priorities people, get them!!!  

cheeky

Yeah, I don’t care what we do.  You know me, I could spend a few weeks trying to do the highest speed front end collision with Dean...

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/23/19 7:22 a.m.

We can postpone a week. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/23/19 8:36 a.m.

If we push Lemans a week I can make it. 

Also any interest in a 1.2hr of Daytona sometime Saturday? We could do it with GT1 and group A, or run it with LMP and GTE. Thinking 2.4 hours was fun when we did it, but 1.2 hrs seems easier to make time for. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/23/19 12:57 p.m.

Or the 24 minutes of Daytona  LOL  I am in for a race what ever the length.  Could do a 48 Minutes of Daytona.  If we do the 1.2 hours I propose a sub at the pit stop for a bathroom brake  LOL  Ya I know First world problems.  Oh we could have our spouses have to run a mandatory 4 laps or something and you have to swap drivers in the pits.  

My wife has never touched the game so it would be interesting to say the least.  LOL

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/23/19 3:54 p.m.

I'm actually good for tonight, things went way better than expected at work and finished up hours ahead of schedule. 

That said, I'm also for skipping a week sometime to get people back for the finale, but since we have most everyone today I say we do that in the future. 

Argo1
Argo1 UltraDork
1/23/19 6:26 p.m.

I am actually able to make it tonight.  Someone needs to bring up the rear.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
1/23/19 10:25 p.m.

Incident replay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZu-CfJ4_DQ

New picture for Dean's monitors:

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/23/19 10:46 p.m.

If you only have the lead for maybe a minute in a 30 min race, it may as well be the final minute. I got a gift, but I won't complain. 

The start clusterberkeley was a bit of a mess. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/24/19 12:39 a.m.

The nice thing about the incident is that it only affected the back qualifiers and we generally ended up in our qualifying order after it.  Argo got a boost, but he was a bit slow at the start of the race and I was able to catch up to him fairly quickly.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
1/24/19 8:42 a.m.
aircooled said:

The nice thing about the incident is that it only affected the back qualifiers and we generally ended up in our qualifying order after it.  Argo got a boost, but he was a bit slow at the start of the race and I was able to catch up to him fairly quickly.

Yea, had I not sat there on my roof for 20-30 seconds deciding whether to quit or race I probably would have caught Argo.  I only finished 2 seconds behind him.

Argo1
Argo1 UltraDork
1/24/19 9:10 a.m.

I just really haven't come to terms with the Ferrari. Early it pushes badly on corner entry. Then you get a few laps where it feels pretty good. Then the back end goes completely away. Basically, I have to stop, tiptoe around the corner, then gas it down the straight. I am sure that none of this has to do with a rusty driver.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/24/19 9:40 a.m.

Great race TJ, you earned it. I know it seems like my mistake was a gift but it happened because I was looking in the mirror and not at the track. You had much better race pace and tire management, I was just trying to survive the last few laps and didn't manage to do it. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/24/19 11:21 a.m.

According to RSDash, my front tires both had wear of 27 at the end, so I guess that means 73% left in them which was in the ballpark of my practice races. The in game graphic shows more dramatic wear than RSDash. I'm guessing the HUD display is calibrated not from  100%-0% but from 100%-50% or so.

It was a bit risky running softs since it was easy to overdrive them and wear them out too quickly, but I found if I could manage them, I could get more consistent lap times than I could with hards. I spun at the exit of turn 7 and hit the wall and at that point you had me by 6 seconds or so, but I think you hit traffic and I managed three good laps to catch back up.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/24/19 11:26 a.m.

Air, the fast lap at Hockenheim on the leaderboards is a Panoz. Toyota is about a second off pace. The PS4 leaderboard I think has a Mercedes at the top. Hockenheim looks like it will be fun. Hoping I won't have to travel for work next week.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
1/24/19 11:32 a.m.
T.J. said:

Air, the fast lap at Hockenheim on the leaderboards is a Panoz. Toyota is about a second off pace. The PS4 leaderboard I think has a Mercedes at the top. Hockenheim looks like it will be fun. Hoping I won't have to travel for work next week.

The highest Porsches on the list are 36 and 59.  I guess I should joker into something a bit more competitive.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/24/19 11:42 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

If you join me at team Merc, I'll be glad to send you my setup.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/24/19 11:52 a.m.

Looks like a similar setup to Nurburgring should work here to me. Some high speed corners and some slower fiddly bits with a long straight (even if it is curved a bit). T1, T5 and T8 look like aero is your friend and the rest of the turns look like 1st or 2nd gear stuff where getting the balance and gearing right will be important. Then there is the long but curved straight where top speed will matter.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
1/24/19 12:29 p.m.
T.J. said:

In reply to BradLTL :

That's actually what I was thinking.  It was probably the next best car suited to my (poor) driving style.  I'll happily take your setup too.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/24/19 1:45 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Cool. There are 2 Ferraris, 2 Toyotas, so may as well have 2 Mercs. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/24/19 2:35 p.m.
T.J. said:

In reply to BradLTL :

Dooooooiiiiittttttttt!

9 10 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lhl46b80slfGGZ1HbhOlSrmm7E33M8BWc1sEK0K0yLCgl7lCfR6XEYDe1PpXORgg