2 3 4 5 6
HunterBenz
HunterBenz Reader
6/17/16 2:38 a.m.

You guys mind if I jump in on this? 3 things before you say yes though:

1: I suck at this game.

2: I, more than likely, cant make every race.

3: I'm really bad at this game.

I don't even think I've messed with the LMP cars in he game yet. I'll have to give it some practice.

Thanks.

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
6/17/16 5:39 a.m.
HunterBenz wrote: You guys mind if I jump in on this? 3 things before you say yes though: 1: I suck at this game. 2: I, more than likely, cant make every race. 3: I'm really bad at this game. I don't even think I've messed with the LMP cars in he game yet. I'll have to give it some practice. Thanks.

Absolutely. Bring it.

If you'll notice from our stellar results, we apparently suck at this game as well.

I need your PSN ID so I can send you a friend request.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
6/17/16 2:50 p.m.

Hunter, by all means join us. I need some company at the back!

HunterBenz
HunterBenz Reader
6/17/16 3:41 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL:

My PSN name is LOVMUFN. I'll send you the registration thing, I just didn't want to do that mid season without asking.

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
6/17/16 3:43 p.m.

Mid-season he says... If you win your first race you'll be leading the Championship.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/18/16 2:49 p.m.

I know some of you are gt6 drivers as well. I am trying to set up a 1 hour of LE MANS for next weekend if any of you want to join us. We are still working out if it is going to be LMP or maybe run it with Euro Trash cars. Another possible car type of car would be the classic race cars but many of them are 20m cars.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/19/16 12:12 p.m.

Am I the only one having trouble coming anywhere near the pace at Oulton?

HunterBenz
HunterBenz Reader
6/19/16 1:26 p.m.

I am certainly not even close to the AI cars. Not surprising though, I'll just try and do my best to stay out of the way when they come by me the second time around laughing at me.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
6/19/16 2:26 p.m.

I've managed to get into the 29's. The car seems pretty good here. This does not usually translate into race success.

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
6/19/16 3:13 p.m.

In reply to Argo1:

You need to run like 50 3 lap races with random grids. Get used to getting bumped and recovering so that you can finish the race. I suspect on this narrow track their will be some hand to hand combat with the bots.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/20/16 10:38 a.m.

In my practice races, Argos car has had the pole everytime.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
6/20/16 6:20 p.m.

I am going to be questionable for Wed. I have to have an injection in my left eye Wed morning. We will see how it goes. Appt got changed.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
6/20/16 7:57 p.m.

Seems like over at VRR they are looking at dropping the P1 and P2 classes and just run GT3 cars in their upcoming series. They are citing lack of interest and entries in the prototype classes. What about running P2 in their upcoming series? We are gaining a bit of experience with them (the hard way). I would pick a different car though...

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/21/16 7:00 a.m.

Work is killing me this week, end of quarter.

Wednesday will be interesting....I think I will just plow into Brad and then retire.

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
6/21/16 7:05 a.m.
Flight Service wrote: Work is killing me this week, end of quarter. Wednesday will be interesting....I think I will just plow into Brad and then retire.

That might be harder than you expect. New job is cramping my style. I haven't been able to practice at all. I suspect I'll be slinging donuts in the grass. When you plow into me, can you at least try and knock me back towards the track?

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
6/21/16 10:37 a.m.

I will drive with one eye and then we will all be on even footing!

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/21/16 11:27 a.m.

New guy is going to kick our collective asses.

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
6/21/16 11:31 a.m.

I love that we've all decided to provide excuses before the race. Typically don't drivers wait until they've sucked the whole race to find something else to blame?

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
6/21/16 2:30 p.m.
BradLTL wrote: I love that we've all decided to provide excuses before the race. Typically don't drivers wait until they've sucked the whole race to find something else to blame?

I don't know. Have you listened to F1 drivers before the start?

HunterBenz
HunterBenz Reader
6/21/16 6:07 p.m.

Well, found out half of my issues were two fold. One, I normally drive with assists off, but I hardly ever drive full race cars. So I turned on ABS and traction control and I am doing a little better.

Then I looked and saw my controller settings had reverted back to default. I spent a little time fixing that and making two pit strategies.

I wasted all 10 minutes of practice I had last night to figure that stuff out. But now I am at least within 10 seconds of the pace and am not getting passed mid turn now!

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
6/21/16 8:50 p.m.

After installing an update and having to reconfigure my audio, I got a few laps of practice in tonight. Never a completely clean lap but managed to get within 3 seconds of the other LMP2 cars. I messed up my session and "Any" cars were allowed. That allowed me to figure out that passing will not be clean on this track. I had a hard time getting through even significantly slower cars.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
6/21/16 11:53 p.m.

VRR has made race schedule changes and shorter races.

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
6/22/16 4:50 a.m.
Argo1 wrote: VRR has made race schedule changes and shorter races.

Yea, I doubt I will participate now. Their races are essentially the same as ours, just at a more inconvenient time for me.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/22/16 10:22 a.m.

I wish more people would try these LMP2 cars. They are a riot to drive and when you get it right just bloody fast.

HunterBenz
HunterBenz Reader
6/22/16 11:22 a.m.

Well, I ran a short practice race last night, you guys have nothing to fear from me. I may not be 10 seconds behind anymore... but it is darn close.

2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NbqvaORSbFiKRgF12WPgwui9Iq1uGRvDGade5eUxc47o87TtWeFvaQMrR8s3iYmv