4 5 6
BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
6/28/16 8:08 a.m.

Braking into the first chicane is a make/break lap for me. I either feel like I'm going in too slow or completely blow it and straight line the gravel trap. I feel like if I could get some more practice (not happening, I have to assemble furniture tonight) I could have a good race, Watkins Glen like.

Also the bots seem really aggressive at spots on the track.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
6/28/16 3:51 p.m.

Have a meeting on Wed. May miss practice and arrive late or miss entirely. We will have to see.

HunterBenz
HunterBenz Reader
6/29/16 4:00 p.m.

I'm not going to be able to make it tonight, someone else will have to take last place for me.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/30/16 5:14 a.m.

In reply to HunterBenz:

I feel on that sword for you.

I had a good race going too until I tangled with a bot and caused my self to pit.

The good news is I found I could run 15 fast, consistent laps without hurting the car. Just a little too far to go with not enough tire.

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
7/1/16 8:38 p.m.

Points update. Replay is playing on Twitch now, will be posted to Youtube in about an hour.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
7/5/16 10:12 p.m.

Feeling a bit rusty after a week layoff but looking forward to Spa. Spa is fun in a prototype as the downforce really makes a difference in the high speed corners.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
7/7/16 7:21 a.m.

Well hell.

BradLTL won the last race (truncated season due to availability) Argo was running him down and ran out of gas and I ran out of front tires.

Not a bad season.

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
7/7/16 8:34 a.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

That last lap would have been interesting had Argo not run out of gas. He was pulling 0.3-0.4 seconds a lap out of my lead and had the gap down to 0.6. I tried to back time the last lap, but he was going so fast that I had to keep my pace up and that forced me to run an extra lap (crossed the line with just 20 seconds left). I spent the prior 3 laps trying to guess where he would attempt a pass and how I would defend. I was sweating it, literally. When I came out of the last chicane, I saw my gap was back up over a second. I assumed he blew the corner and just focused on running a clean lap to not give him that time back. It wasn't until after the finish I realized he ran out of gas.

I was surprised by that. I ended up getting better mileage than in testing. I actually had too much fuel at the finish. I planned for 2 10 lap stints with fuel for 10.2 laps each. My first stint made it to lap 13, so I only ran 8 more laps on the second. I finished with enough gas that I could have syphoned some off for Argo's car.

Last night was by far my best race, and I'm happy that we finally got on top of the bots. Now we just have to do the same with the GT3 cars.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
7/7/16 9:27 a.m.

That was a fun race. I like Spa anyway. Good racing the whole way. I could close up on Brad but there was no way I was going to get by unless he made a mistake. The Oreca would lose ground at every straight. The hard competition the last six laps pushed the pace up and caused an extra lap.... Right out of my fuel window. I needed about a pint more for one more corner! Fun racing. Looking forward to the start of the GT3 series in two weeks.

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
7/8/16 7:35 a.m.

Points updated. Replay posted. Champion crowned.

Also, for your viewing pleasure, my on-board replay: https://youtu.be/ONk4FZWxfNk?t=2662

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
7/8/16 3:27 p.m.
BradLTL wrote: Points updated. Replay posted. Champion crowned.

Did you give yourself a crown in the throne room?

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
7/8/16 3:29 p.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

Yea, except it was my phone and not a newspaper

4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oK4O1aLordz0J7S7p2CYOHKPKLX5QPWuAP8l9xlo8XEdTpeefppfXDtqk2jwAWtP