AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
7/30/21 3:39 a.m.

A new auto-focused update just hit GTA and it's pretty berking ok.

About a dozen new tuner cars have been added to the game. as well as a public car meet area where you can hang out and show off your car without some Wangrod on a rocketbike ruining it for everyone. While you're there you get to meet possibly the most annoying NPC's they've come up with to date, move over lazlow. They'll invite you to purchase an auto shop.

Once you drop the $1.5 to $2 million on the auto shop the pair shows up unannounced, let themselves in and proceed to make out leaning on the lift, dropping a customer's car. when they realize you're there they say that YOU need to pass a test in order to prove you're worthy of working for THEM. This test consists of retrieving their car that is at the police lock up. On their way out, they steal a wrench.

Once you make it past the insufferable pricks, you find yourself with a full service custom garage that can store 10 cars and you can modify your own cars there. A lift at the front of the shop is frequently populated with customer cars you can modify and deliver for $20-$40k each. You also have access to fast-n-furious style DVD heists that pay $150K-ish. Finally after completing your first heist you will be able to scavenger hunt custom vehicles all over the map to sell.

All told, it's a pretty good update, I just wish the horny NPCs would shut up.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
7/30/21 9:11 a.m.

The previews I've seen look pretty good, and they added yet another one of my real cars to the game. I really need to make time to login and check it out.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
7/30/21 9:51 a.m.

I haven't bought anything (except the LS club membership) from the new update yet. Did win the first prize ride challenge. Need to figure out the best way to make $$ since R* nerfed the solo public lobby glitch.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
7/30/21 10:39 a.m.

In reply to 1kris06 :

Supposedly Cayo Perico heist, which can be done solo. I never finished my first one because the stealth pissed me off so much. 

Was just talking to mndsm about this last night. I'm not coming back until the "next gen" update drops, and even then ONLY if I don't have to buy it again. Nerfing solo lobbies was a Dick move. 

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
7/30/21 3:13 p.m.

I literally never go into open lobbies. GTA has to be the most toxic game outside of the Medal-of-Duty-verse. I'll usually jump on with 2-3 like minded friends and just berk about. You know, Can we get a city bus to the top of chilliad? What happens if I deliver a Simeon vehicle with a prostitute in it? Why is Tucker Carlson?

It's much more fun that way. 

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
8/25/21 8:43 p.m.

Im not on as often as I used to be but feel free to add me JThw8 as I'd love to have some sane adults to run missions with.  Heck I've had all the prep for another Cayo run ready for a few weeks now but cant find decent players to run through it and grab the cash.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
8/26/21 1:13 a.m.

In reply to JThw8 :

added. hopefully youre on xbox? ive got the same username as here with some additional g's added.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
8/26/21 7:39 p.m.
1kris06 said:

In reply to JThw8 :

added. hopefully youre on xbox? ive got the same username as here with some additional g's added.

sadly no xbox, Im a PC player.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
75IUHF1b7Symhg7ydMOc0Ad2C7rIDG9r6l5crJBNK9a0LpxuGR9T0HOeLKGrzslM