RevRico
RevRico UltraDork
12/13/17 11:04 a.m.

Doomsday heist act 3 finale is BUGGED. As in, doesn't berkeleying work bugged. 

Also, there's a treasure hunt.I details are scarce so far, but 3 clues lead to the double action revolver from RDR2. Guess it's time to start hunting. Also I know nothing of getting it started, yet.

Edit to add: Apparently for the treasure hunt there is an email trigger. I've seen the code for it, but no idea how to trigger it. 

Your first Hermes will be free if you log in on Xmas day. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/13/17 1:23 p.m.

I'm all over the Comet Safari and Yosemite.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/13/17 2:09 p.m.

The comet safari is on my short list. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/14/17 12:39 a.m.

I didn't even know you could put guns on the comet safari.  Now I think I need it.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/14/17 11:17 a.m.

Everything is better with guns. 

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
12/14/17 2:55 p.m.

i will say after playing with ricos delona last night for a bit before he put into the drink. that is a very cool toy and he did go hunting for the damn flying bike and got the kill on it from what i heard. Its a very cool car and very neat since you can hover along the road with out the wings that i found out last not driving it along the road.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
12/15/17 1:34 a.m.

I think that hovering car is my next buy. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/15/17 6:52 a.m.

It's the best thing ever. Seriously. Also, I won't spoil it, but I berkeleyin knew the finale would turn out the way it is. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/15/17 6:54 a.m.

Treasure hunt is pretty good. gold plated double action revolver. Get 50 headshots with it and get 250k.

RevRico
RevRico UltraDork
12/15/17 11:25 a.m.

Just got the email to start the hunt. I wonder if the code diggers forced rockstar to start it early?

And quick gps will take you to the locations...

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/15/17 1:44 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Yeah I did it all this morning. Less interesting Easter egg and more hamfisted Red Dead promo. I do like the gun and free money though.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/15/17 3:24 p.m.

Now I have a golden revolver. Ho ho ho. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/16/17 9:04 p.m.

Grand finale of the heist. Jesus. Difficulty is a whole new ballgame. 

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
12/16/17 10:15 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I think you're going to like some of the new xmas female clothing options.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/16/17 11:27 p.m.

Turns out, we can edit the crew color based on rgb values. We have neon yellow again. 

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
12/17/17 9:34 a.m.
RevRico said:

Just got the email to start the hunt. I wonder if the code diggers forced rockstar to start it early?

And quick gps will take you to the locations...

QuickGPS will take you to the locations of the actual "treasure" or just to the search area on the map?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/17/17 9:38 a.m.

In reply to TheRX7Project :

Search area afaik. All the treasure spots for the second round of clues are the same. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/17/17 12:54 p.m.

It'll pop up a yellow question mark for the first search in a large area, mine was in Paleto Bay, others may be different. The other 3 show up in small areas around the norther part of the map, then finally it showed me where the gun was outside of Sandy Shores. 

EDIT: Further updates in my quest to collect a lot of stupid things. I've decided to fully embrace my poor self control with fake money and go on the logic that each dumb thing I buy is less temptation later as I try to save money for more expensive dumb things. I don't really understand me either.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/17/17 2:04 p.m.

I've run out of crap I need to have. I bought a comment safari. The wireframes tell me I need another comet, and another sentinel. I don't need a missile truck. I may need a barrage. 

RevRico
RevRico UltraDork
12/17/17 2:08 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I'm with you. In getting my sentinel on release day, waiting for the M1 to go on sale.

Otherwise, I just want my mig fighter and I'll be happy. 

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
12/17/17 4:01 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Crap. My "round 1" search is based by the Church and cemetery near Zancudo. I can't find the first clue.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/17/17 4:41 p.m.

Mine was a note nailed to a post, check for trees and posts.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/17/17 6:04 p.m.

Also, turn your sound up and listen for wind chimes. It will be a white note. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/17/17 7:47 p.m.

With my new strategy I am successfully on my way to filling all my garages with dumb crap.  Though I did make one terrible mistake. I made a list of all the cars I want in this game. I organized them by price.  This means I know the price on all of them. 

I started to add them all up. I got scared and stopped at 30 mil.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/17/17 8:18 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

About 3 years ago, whenever we only had 30ish spaces (maybe 40) I counted how much cash id get if I sold off everything. It was 22mil then. It's only gotten worse. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
grJ8H2LpcGHvxfhpdTrpTRk2FRgTAjUoDcv3t4THRFFJBSsUVjdTQbj26hFf2F8A