chada75
chada75 Reader
3/16/20 7:52 p.m.

Been toying with the idea of Iracing as a way to get "track time" being I only run maybe 4-6 Autox events a year.  I'm more of a Aero and Chassis guy. Does Iracing let one setup Dampers and other parts of the Car? Thanks for any help.

adam525i
adam525i HalfDork
3/17/20 8:21 a.m.

If it can be adjusted on the real car, it can be adjusted in Iracing. For some cars /series that means a fixed setup (like rookie MX-5 cup) but once you're into the advanced Mazda series then things like dampers etc can be adjusted. As you move up with the cars the setups get more and more complicated until there are pages of things to change on something like a 919. From GT3 and up a lot of people rely on paid setups or setups shared within the community (the Iracing member forum is a very active place) as they are very complicated. 

chada75
chada75 Reader
3/17/20 5:55 p.m.

In reply to adam525i :

That's what was holding me up from getting into sim racing. Seems like a great way to test Dampers and setups out before applying ideas into the real world. Thanks.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/23/20 8:36 p.m.

In reply to chada75 :

Any particular reason you want to start with iRacing? Do they have the tracks you want to drive on or the particular car and other sims don't have them? Seems that the iRacing community is active and large and the matchmaking works great so that your chance of clean racing is higher than other sims, but the subscription pricing model turns me off. Just wondering if you've thought about any other sims to try that do not result in a monthly bill or force you to pay extra to rent tracks/cars.

chada75
chada75 Reader
7/23/20 9:17 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Basically to get "track time" due to my Schedule/Budget and being that my autox plans are out of whack due to you know.

Like to run the MX5 miata on road courses and maybe some paved late model races.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eVsPmDXDI67VMUZm09U69YTUOhFCKnDwxkrC4J1YFVFu335E3M64HoxH0R641Hft