gunner
gunner HalfDork
1/24/19 9:13 p.m.

For a long time I have watched professional racing and have definitely enjoyed it, but not really understood it. Formula 1 for sure. I have tried to catch World Challenge races but haven't been able to yet. I did catch the last few laps of 24 hours of lemons once and I have seen many Isle of Man races on TV as well(favorites are the carts). 

I found what I was missing by playing this game. The behind the scenes that alludes to how these teams compete, kind of how sponsorship works, stuff like that. It's fun and not super fast paced so this middle aged guy can still play. What is weird is I don't play phone games. If it can't be played on the xbox or pc it gets ignored. I like this game and I thought some of you might like it too.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
3/25/20 3:28 p.m.

In reply to gunner :

I've played through it a couple times. 

Eventually put it down because of time. Do you know if we can do multiplayer leagues?

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
3/25/20 3:35 p.m.

Answered my own question.... No multiplayer. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
3/28/20 10:19 a.m.

I am going to give it a try.

jde
jde HalfDork
4/1/20 4:00 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I thought the newest phone version was primarily player vs. player?  I've installed it, but haven't opened it up yet.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
4/1/20 6:57 p.m.

MM3 doesn't, but a quick check shows a MM Online that is described as "Race the world". 

I've got it downloading now and will check it out over the next few days of quarantine. 

I wonder if we can run a league. That'd be cool. 

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/1/20 9:01 p.m.
BradLTL said:

MM3 doesn't, but a quick check shows a MM Online that is described as "Race the world". 

I've got it downloading now and will check it out over the next few days of quarantine. 

I wonder if we can run a league. That'd be cool. 

Oh really? I'll go download it and check it out

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
4/1/20 9:10 p.m.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

Be aware my quick open it up and resulted in being assaulted by 2 very loud 30 second long video ads. I think they may be optional in the store but it was bad. 

gunner (Forum Supporter)
4/2/20 1:57 p.m.

It looks like it connects you with friends through Facebook.  Not ideal but doable.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
4/7/20 3:50 p.m.

I've spent some time with MMO the last few days, and I'm impressed and disappointed. The race experience has been pretty good in connecting with other players. From a skill perspective, I'm not sure low level players are better competition than AI. They make stupid mistakes that makes winning a bit easier. If you are familiar with the core mechanics of the series, you can jump right in and be successful. I was "promoted" to higher tiers after 2 races in the first few tiers because I won and accumulated enough points. 

Then, the disappointment starts in. Once you get to tier 3 or 4, parts, upgrades, projects, drivers, etc. all jump up in cost to the point where you can't sustain continuous gameplay without falling into the microtransaction hell of every mobile game. I've all but lost interest in continuing to play. You get "free" money every set period of time, and you can watch ads for more but they've built in every bad habit of every F2P/freeium game out there. Lots of different currency and materials that need to be managed and can be purchased. Plus all you existing parts wear out and you can only repair 1 at the end of a race. 

Ugh it makes me sad. That sad, if you all are still interested I'll slog my way to a level to join in with you. 

gunner (Forum Supporter)
4/13/20 8:50 a.m.

Well that's disappointing but to be expected I guess. Thanks for taking the bullet so to speak. I'm going to pass for now. Work is keeping me hopping at the moment.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p1wmGEvr8MezyPPCvamwA0IzX6Vy2viNgOHv3KgaNXw4XAqrNsxgaQPdptRFWxRM