ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
1/7/18 12:15 a.m.

I got Mudrunner for x-mas and started to play it this week. the camera really is funky like everyone says in videos. The handling seems to take forever in trucks for the reaction times are kinda weird also. just did the first 3 challenges so far in the game that's about all so far. going to play more this next week over gta 5 though for something different.?

So who else has the game and is playing online with it?

solfly
solfly HalfDork
1/8/18 12:19 p.m.

In reply to ckosacranoid :

i have it for XB1, haven't played any online though

there is a new camera if you go into options or settings you can pick center camera or something like that

the steering is super slow on some trucks and the lack of "return to center" is weird but not too far off from ow those trucks handle, especially in mud

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
1/8/18 10:20 p.m.

So far the first Three challanges are done somewhat. going to play more this week though.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
2/6/18 9:47 p.m.

I did a slightly drunk thing and now own this game.

Now to see how late I stay up tonight.

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
3/19/18 3:07 p.m.
1kris06 said:

I did a slightly drunk thing and now own this game.

Now to see how late I stay up tonight.

same here, I was thinking that I could get all drunky and off-road digitally and use the steering wheel but alas the game only supports controller.

haven't played it since - the controls were very clunky

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
3/19/18 3:12 p.m.

^Is that on PC or console?  I've been eyeing it on steam sales.  It looks silly, in a good way.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
3/19/18 5:39 p.m.

In reply to fidelity101 :

The whole 'not returning to center' steering is what makes it annoying.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
3/19/18 5:40 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Console, mostly xbox. Not sure about fidelity101.

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
3/20/18 8:47 a.m.

Xbox

I dont even want to play it on the controller I was just hoping to booze cruise from my living room.

looks like its drunken hot laps of nurburgring in forza again...

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
3/27/18 4:43 p.m.

i have it for xbox.

RevRico
RevRico UltraDork
3/27/18 4:51 p.m.

It's fun and all, and I do like the new map, but everything is so slow. The steering, the top speeds, even shifting gears, just so slow. 

I wish they'd bring mod support to consoles already. This would be a lot more fun with 1000hp spinning 65 inch tractor tires. 

failboat
failboat UberDork
4/25/18 2:06 p.m.

For those of you on PC, it looks like Steam Workshop recently added support for user made maps now. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
7/17/18 2:41 p.m.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
2/5/19 9:02 p.m.

I snagged this for $12 today.

The controls are awful at best.  There is no way that I can tell to play with just the wheel.  You need a mouse/keyboard and/or controller to accompany it because there are so many buttons.  Some simple changes could eliminate the need for a lot of them too (for example who needs a discrete button for all the cameras?  just a button to cycle through them like you know... every racing game ever would be just fine)

If anyone plays with a wheel I'd be curious to see how you have it set up.

artur1808
artur1808 Reader
2/7/19 8:12 a.m.

I play this on Xbox as well and agree that the controls are a bit clunky.

But once you get the hang of it, its a surprisingly engaging game. And it's really as challenging as you want to make it. You can follow the main roads and its not bad, or you can just try to go everywhere in a straight line and then your "shortcut" results in you winching for 3 hours with every vehicle in the map. Great way to waste some time and prove to yourself that the shortcut was "totally worth it".

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
2/7/19 9:55 p.m.

I played some more last night and it was better.  I had my keyboard, mouse right in front of my wheel so I could use it as well.  I did exactly what you said... got myself stuck and used 3 different trucks to winch/fuel/transfer load.  Made it 1 turn from the lumber mill and rolled the truck lol.  It was pretty amusing, but I could see logging getting really old really quick.

The shifting is really weird.  You can't give it any gas when you are moving the shifter, even if you have the clutch fully depressed, or it will cause damage.  I don't understand this at all.  Unless you are on perfectly dry & straight road with no load, any gear above 2 is pointless.

artur1808
artur1808 Reader
2/8/19 6:31 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

You are not wrong with your thought that it'll get old. It's not a game that gets a ton of play, but "amusing" is a good way to describe it. The only other game I have is Dirt Rally, so if I want to just have a mellow night in and not watch my blood pressure go up playing that, I'll pop in Mud Runner and fart around in the woods for a bit.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
3/19/20 9:07 a.m.

I'm late to the party but I snagged this for the Switch over the weekend. I must say, it is a great way to unwind at the end of the day. I like the slow, methodical approach as well as the fairly good physics. I like how the vehicles respond differently based on whether you have the different drive options engaged.

I assume as many of you already found that once you complete the challenges the game will get boring, but I'm thinking I'll start just driving around trying to get trucks into places they shouldn't be.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
3/19/20 9:31 a.m.

Timely thread revival. The company behind this game is releasing Snow Runner in April. Looks to be about the same except in snow and ice instead of mud. 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
3/19/20 10:16 a.m.
RevRico said:

Timely thread revival. The company behind this game is releasing Snow Runner in April. Looks to be about the same except in snow and ice instead of mud. 

Just looked it up, no Switch version listed right now for the expansion. Phooey. That's okay, I have a Steam account and the mods look interesting enough to warrant a second purchase.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
5/4/20 9:11 a.m.

Played for an hour last night working on the Challenge courses. I spent way too much time on "Challenge: Delivery Mission ". While using the C-255 as lead truck, I managed to sink and flip the C-6511 tanker rig onto its side at the second water crossing. I unhooked the C-255 from its trailer and spent a good 30 minutes trying rescue the C-6511 before giving up. Second try I did much better and even fished the C-4320 from the water. Overall I still like the game.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
5/4/20 4:25 p.m.

If nothing else to help for controls, have you thought about a xbox control to add to your computer to help things so you drive the truck much better?

slefain
slefain PowerDork
11/30/20 9:48 a.m.

Mudrunner is FREE on the Epic Games store right now until Dec. 3!

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/mudrunner/home

And there are FREE DLC packs!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F50F1BEaH8WgEbAI82p2UFQyB8EleEmv38DenW7CUMVkD63UUpu10dpOpu3iP5Bt